Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Thursday ponderable thing-y

Okay, if you learned there was a country, in which the following occured, would you consider it a "banana republic," a third-rate home of tin pot dictators or a place where democracy is only the "official" policy? Hmmmm.

In this notional country, a guy was president for four years after having been VP for eight. He was succeeded by a second guy who was president for eight years. That second guy was succeeded by the first guy's son, whom we'll call "third guy", who remained in office for eight years. Third guy was succeeded by second guy's wife. Let's assume she got re-elected after her first term. All this would total 36 years

In sum, two families controlling the presidency or vice-presidency for a total period of 36 years. Exclusively controlling the presidency for 28 years. Wacky huh?
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Re: Thursday ponderable thing-y

I don't think we can be a third rate Republic until the leaders start getting cool nicknames like Papa Doc and Baby Doc and/or designating successors named Juan Carlos.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hamhock's Avatar
    vCash

your example is too far fetched to even evaluate.
    heh.

party pooper
    vCash

two families are better than one?

vCash

just wait until Jeb runs

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 skycat's Avatar
    vCash

I've been telling people since W got elected that I can't forsee any way that i'll ever again vote for anyone named Bush or Clinton.

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

Ok...let's the speculate that said person #2's wife goes only one term before being succeeded by person #3's brother...he serves two terms.

40 years baby!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member fadada1's Avatar
    vCash

i hear australia is nice.
    I don’t know if the block on that last one was due to low trajectory or if the guys up front didn’t hold their ground well enough. I’m not convinced it matters. We have every reason to believe the ball could have gone through the uprights and the refs would have signaled first down Oregon. - D.E.

Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    just wait until Jeb runs
    beat me to it

and actually, Jeb is VERY likeable, electable.......imo, if his last name werent Bush, he would be a VERY strong contender this year

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jacru's Avatar
    vCash

As long as they are elected by the people and not in office by military coup d'état ...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm achieving "old fart" status. I'm not quite old enough yet, but I got the fart part nailed.

party pooper
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    beat me to it

and actually, Jeb is VERY likeable, electable.......imo, if his last name werent Bush, he would be a VERY strong contender this year

...and if his first name weren't Jeb.

I just have a hard time taking someone with the first name of Jeb seriously. dunno why.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jacru's Avatar
    vCash

Jeb>Bubba
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm achieving "old fart" status. I'm not quite old enough yet, but I got the fart part nailed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

I think George P. Bush is more electable than Jeb, but he has 4 or 5 years before he is eligible to run.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ike
    ...and if his first name weren't Jeb.

I just have a hard time taking someone with the first name of Jeb seriously. dunno why.
    at least he's not Obama

Jeb is just a notch higher than Jim Bob though

vCash

The final end of the Republic will come when Amy Carter takes the oath.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SleestakSooner's Avatar
    In a cardboard box... down by the Dempsey Dumpster.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
    The final end of the Republic will come when Sic'Em's ex takes the oath.
    Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by pokefun
    it is not natural to be optimistic and a cowboy fan unless it is the off season.

party pooper
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SleestakSooner
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
    The final end of the Republic will come when Sic'Em's ex takes the oath.
    Fixed
    heh. Would that make SicEm the nations "First Bitch"?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    beat me to it

allegedly 'The Plan' has Jeb never running, however in 2012 his son running. But, that's based on the assumption that there is 'A Plan' that has been nefariously hatched by the Bush clan...or at least the Illuminati*

*I don't believe in this plan, I just wanted to make a post involving the Illuminati
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    Okay, if you learned there was a country, in which the following occured, would you consider it a "banana republic," a third-rate home of tin pot dictators or a place where democracy is only the "official" policy? Hmmmm.

In this notional country, a guy was president for four years after having been VP for eight. He was succeeded by a second guy who was president for eight years. That second guy was succeeded by the first guy's son, whom we'll call "third guy", who remained in office for eight years. Third guy was succeeded by second guy's wife. Let's assume she got re-elected after her first term. All this would total 36 years

In sum, two families controlling the presidency or vice-presidency for a total period of 36 years. Exclusively controlling the presidency for 28 years. Wacky huh?
    Interesting thought. Anywhere else this may be considered a tin pot dictator...However, everything you have said (and implied) seems to show that the "country's" constitution has been followed and hence democratically followed. I would agree that there is a lot of nepotism going on around here...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Lakeland, Fl - Where hurricanes cross paths.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ike
    heh. Would that make SicEm the nations "First Bitch"?
    and Sic's true love would be???

let the name calling begin
    An Education is what you get when you Read the Instructions,
    Experience is what you get if you don't...