lendy holmes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Re: lendy holmes

ttt

Awesoministrator

vCash

I saw that the official site has him as a DB now, so that should quash all the "it's just a rumor" talk over on the dorks site.

vCash

i'm just amazed at how off some of these evaluations are

it just says he had a great game......i didnt see where it said he would be an all world receiver at OU

vCash

looks like english and eldridge are both back to DE

vCash

really? does what they describe about route running and catching sound like holmes from last year?

vCash

it doesn't look like anyone else changed positions though they have zaslaw as a running back. fred strong and alonzo dotson still being on the roster does raise some eyebrows.

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
    really? does what they describe about route running and catching sound like holmes from last year?
    here's the quote:

Holmes dominated from a wide receiver position making a number of great catches. He went up with two defenders all over him to make one long T.D. catch and a diving catch on a tipped ball for another. He runs great routes for a kid that spent most of his high school career at quarterback and has great hands.
    what i read is that in THAT game, he played well and ran good routes

perhaps against a D/FW metroplex all star game, he might just be able to have done that......ya think?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi

Well, they didn't say anything about him fielding punts in that game. It begs the questions who is cliff and what does he know about talent evaluation though?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag
    Well, they didn't say anything about him fielding punts in that game. It begs the questions who is cliff and what does he know about talent evaluation though?
    That's what I was wondering. Isn't that just some doofus like us posting on an ag site?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Holmes dominated from a wide receiver position making a number of great catches. He went up with two defenders all over him to make one long T.D. catch and a diving catch on a tipped ball for another. He runs great routes for a kid that spent most of his high school career at quarterback and has great hands.
    Either he ran great routes..or the more likely that he ran busted routes and was capable of making adjustments to make catches seem more spectacular or difficult than they should/could have been.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr
    That's what I was wondering. Isn't that just some doofus like us posting on an ag site?
    what do you call the guys who run the recruiting sites

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

I should also add an addendum that this was from what I can tell by that other thread linked here an all star game of sorts. So any routes would have been minimalist at best and freelancing them would have been more likely just due to the nature of how long a preparation period they had.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

it was a dallas area (only) all star game....he was likely a man among boys in many respects

regardless, the author of the post in question never proclaimed to be anything other than a casual observer of a football game.....i didnt see where he said he was a paid scout of some sort

it was just an opinion and should be left as is.....besides, Lendy Holmes has 3 more years to make a name for himself. i say we sit back and see if he can......

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

When did they move Eldridge back to DE? Last I heard he was making an impact at TE...
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NormanPride
    When did they move Eldridge back to DE? Last I heard he was making an impact at TE...

Probably the day Gresham committed.