Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

Thumbs up What goes around, comes around, Booby Knight...

Longar: 19pts, 14 rebounds.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

Re: What goes around, comes around, Booby Knight...

Yeah Baby !!!!!!

vCash

Vindication for L2.

what a great game....i really like the way Capel manages a game

way to go L2!!!!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

19 Points, 14 rebounds....and how about that monster block!

What a game. I am so proud to be a Sooner.

Bet osu fans are sweating.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I missed a bit of game. L2 had a bandage on the lip. What happened?

An elbow?

That crowd was on fire. The outcome was perfect. I would have loved to of been there.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okienole3's Avatar
    vCash

Classy.....classy move by Capel to pull Longar at the end so the crowd could give him an ovation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleWingSooner
    I have the worst temper ever. You don't want to be around me when I explode. People found this out in Elementary and middle school so by the time I was in high school no one wanted to **** me off.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

wish i could have been there....but i will go to sleep tonight feeling good.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooneredaco's Avatar
    vCash

L2 is such a stand up guy and really deserved this

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

He played with a fire never seen before. Here's hoping he keeps it.

Awesome win.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

Plus the Longar suspension that Knight lobbied for is, arguably, what led to Nate Carter's rise in productivity.

So thanks for that, too, Knight.

vCash

A double double for Longarx2.....

Eat that Booby!!!!

Man, I can't stand that guy.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Bobby got EXACTLY what he deserved.Way to go L2 and the SOONERS.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

NORMAN — Jeff Capel made the long walk from his bench to the Texas Tech end of the court Saturday night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Story continues below advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coaches routinely meet at midcourt for pre-game pleasantries, but rarely is a Bobby Knight game routine. Routine or pleasant.

Anyway, Capel strolled boldly into Red Raider territory, found Knight sitting on a chair and stuck out a hand. Knight did not rise but did return the extended hand.

After what was mostly a rousing Big 12 hoops show, won 75-61 by the Sooners with a late spree, Capel and Knight staged a drive-by handshake.

Did Knight say anything before the game? "Nope,” Capel said.

Anything after the game? "Nope,” Capel said. "Nope.”

Does that bother Capel? "No, I could care less,” said the Sooner ringmaster. "I have all the respect in the world for him, but I don't have to have relationships with coaches.”

Knight has 35 years on Capel; 35 years and, let's do some quick math, uh, 792 victories. But not only did Capel play the part of adult Saturday night, he also more than held his own with the old fox.

The Big 12's latest coaching feud grew more fangs at Lloyd Noble Center. Knight, still miffed over the Longar Longar incident of a month ago, skipped the post-game press conference. So we don't know what he had to say about a game that was tight for 37 minutes but got away from the Red Raiders down the stretch.

Don't know what he said, but we can guess. Longar, whose errant elbow busted the eye socket of Tech center Esmir Rizvic in a Jan. 6 game, played his best game as a Sooner, with 19 points and 14 rebounds.

Here's guessing that if Longar had gone for three points and four rebounds, even in an OU win, Knight would have shown up to impart his wisdom. But the injustice of it all was too much for Knight.

Tech's PR man said Knight had been sick all week. Too sick to talk? Maybe that's why he didn't speak to Capel.

Anyway, Pat Knight, Bobby's son and Tech's crown prince, stood in for Pops and let us know that the ill will is not evaporating, though Pat was much more cordial about the message.

Did Longar seem to play more inspired because of the circumstances surrounding the game?

"I hope they're not (using) putting a kid in the hospital with reconstructive facial surgery as motivation,” Pat Knight said. "I hope he's motivated because it's a Big 12 game.”

Then Knight laid out Tech's stance on the issue: "a two-game suspension (vs.) reconstructive facial surgery, out for the season.”

Make no mistake. The Longar incident hasn't been forgotten in Lubbock. Hasn't been forgotten in Norman, either.

When Capel subbed for Longar in the final minute, Capel embraced his 6-foot-11 center with a hearty hug. Then he once again defended Longar.

"Longar was unfairly labeled,” said Capel, who has maintained the elbow was an accident and who was upset with the suspension by Big 12 commissioner Kevin Weiberg.

Longar said this game wasn't personal, but that's hard to believe. He seemed to play with a fire and a bounce that often is lacking against quality foes. If Longar can be this active in the post, the Sooners are a new and improved team.

Of course, the irony is that Longar got some help from, of all people, Knight. Tech is a two-man team — Jarrius Jackson and Martin Zeno, who combined for 51 of the 61 Red Raider points — but Knight has an experienced big man in 6-9 senior Darryl Dora.

But Dora didn't even play in the first half, when OU took a 30-27 lead and Longar was ignited with 11 points and seven rebounds.

Pat Knight's explanation? Dora didn't play well against Texas, so Tech's staff figured it would try someone else. That's the kind of mind games that should drive Tech fans crazy and can cost you a game.

Dora played the entire second half, and Longar was less effective offensively. No coincidence.

Meanwhile, Capel pulled all the right strings, even employing seldom-used guard Chris Walker as a defensive substitute. Jackson had 31 points with eight minutes left, but with Walker dogging him down the stretch, Jackson didn't score again and missed his final six shots.

A team as limited as the Sooners must make use of every ounce of talent, and that's what Capel did. That's how a team scrapes out victories.

Give Capel credit for this one. Credit for putting his team in position to win, and credit for not backing down to a bully.

Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

Screw Texas Tech and both of the Knights; is the wahmbulance on the way to take them back to Lubbock?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Beef's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddogbbq
    Anyway, Pat Knight, Bobby's son and Tech's crown prince, stood in for Pops and let us know that the ill will is not evaporating, though Pat was much more cordial about the message.

Did Longar seem to play more inspired because of the circumstances surrounding the game?

"I hope they're not (using) putting a kid in the hospital with reconstructive facial surgery as motivation,” Pat Knight said. "I hope he's motivated because it's a Big 12 game.”

Then Knight laid out Tech's stance on the issue: "a two-game suspension (vs.) reconstructive facial surgery, out for the season.”
    Is this the Knight family's way of being more cordial? Accusing our players of getting a rise out of a young man being hurt? Pat's as big an a$$ as his dad. What a friggin unbelievable line. Maybe L2 and our team was extra fired up to avenge a loss? Or because of Knight unfairly labeling L2 as a thug deserving a full year suspension? Or Knights whining about the clock deal 3 friggin years ago? Or Knight's comments about the Oregon game? Or maybe people just like to beat Urine because their head coach has 30+ years of prick behavior. Unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Him being a ****ing tard does. You don't smack down your mongoloid cousin when he spits taters across the table.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

It's utterly classless to throw a kid under the bus for an accident - ESPECIALLY for a sixty-plus year old HOF coach to do so.

"What comes around, goes around," indeed. Knight has rarely said truer words. It's the reason he's spending his waning years in Lubbock, Texas. While Kelvin Sampson is coaching at Indiana.

I hope Longar can keep the fire burning so to speak. I know that I would have been hacked off after being suspended for something that was not intentional. It was a bad deal but there was no malice in it.

What about Walker out there playing Defense. Maybe Capel can sit him down and get him to up his game like Carter? Sure would be nice to see all our players living up to their potential. Congrats to everyone on the team, great effort last night.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

I finally got to watch a full basketball game Last night and for some reason could not get soonerfans to open up but I just have to say L2 got a little vindication. Also have to say Capel is gonna be a great coach and it sounded like the crowd got really loud. I sure hope everyone gets behind this coach. I know I need to start going when I am off.