Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Austin political columnist Molly Ivins croaked

One of the last unabashed "liberals." The old battle-axe gave hell to many an elephant. I expect there's mirthful exuberance in the White House tonight. She did write a lively column and could flat turn a phrase.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Re: Austin political columnist Molly Ivins croaked

She was entertaining to read. That's the best possible thing I can say about her.

vCash

while I rarely agreed with her, I was always entertained by her.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mongo's Avatar
    vCash

"You can feed a bobcat chili, but he aint gonna crap diamonds."

Good skit on SNL about her

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
    She was entertaining to read. That's the best possible thing I can say about her.
    'Tis no wonder you're having trouble with women.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KaiserSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Didn't she write those George Bush quips for Ann Richards' 1988 Democratic Convention speech?

Even if she didn't, the quips were classics, though more appropriate for the hollow-skulled son than the father.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

That's unfortunate. She could really write.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jerk's Avatar
    vCash

Must have been that Haliburton cancer-causing machine. Somehow "Shrub's" fault, I bet.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Fred Bastiat

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Edited to save the feelings of some folks who never met her or had to deal with her or her people. If you did you wouldn't feel the same way. I have just as much right to feel the way I do as you do.
    Last edited by 85Sooner; 2/1/2007 at 09:49 AM.
    OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

vCash

While I was usually unsympathetic to her positions, I read her because in the marketplace of ideas, we need to hear both sides. Bottomline is my newspaper will be even more boring with her gone.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    While I was usually unsympathetic to her positions, I read her because in the marketplace of ideas, we need to hear both sides. Bottomline is my newspaper will be even more boring with her gone.
    Homey, that's blasphemy to many here who think the only liberal (as they define one ) is a dead one.
    According to the them, "We don't need no stinkin 'market place of ideers' cuz we done already made up our mind once, and once is enough."
    <end of snarky rant>
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 85Sooner
    good riddens
    It's ignorant, un-Christian, and basically subhuman to rejoice because someone with a different viewpoint has died.
    Was Ivins a tyrant who slaughtered millions of innocents? Or was she a newspaper writer? Your kind - blind drunk on your own borrowed dogmas - give rational conservatives a bad name.
    Shame and Negspek for you.

<end of second rant>
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SleestakSooner's Avatar
    In a cardboard box... down by the Dempsey Dumpster.
    vCash

good riddens
    Get a grip.
    Last edited by SleestakSooner; 2/1/2007 at 03:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokefun
    it is not natural to be optimistic and a cowboy fan unless it is the off season.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TUSooner
    It's ignorant, un-Christian, and basically subhuman to rejoice because someone with a different viewpoint has died.
    Was Ivins a tyrant who slaughtered millions of innocents? Or was she a newspaper writer? Your kind - blind drunk on your own borrowed dogmas - give rational conservatives a bad name.

<end of second rant>
    lighten-up Francis

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TUSooner

<end of second rant>

Who are you? did you know her? Did you have to deal with her or her people? She used her poison pen to write lies upon lies about people (Not just W) for the sole purpose of trying to destroy them. I have no place for anyone like that. Think what you may but there are people who are evil and live that way without killing others.
    OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

vCash

Who are you? did you know her? Did you have to deal with her or her people? She used her poison pen to write lies upon lies about people (Not just W) for the sole purpose of trying to destroy them. I have no place for anyone like that. Think what you may but there are people who are evil and live that way without killing others.
    Thanks for clarifying your position.
    I was afraid I was misinterpreting you; but I wasn't.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

so, now Ivins is evil.

that's absurd and quite morbid, too.

Administrator
    vCash

I've never heard of her, and really don't care one way or the other. However, I must say that one less flaming loudmouth liberal is never a bad thing. So sue me.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

well, the opinion leader has spoken. now, the dogpile to agree with Dean can begin.....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

I wasn't crazy about her blatant partisanship, but she did write some amusing stuff.