Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

for some funny reading--go to the OSU sites and read some of the open letters to Ryan

Broyles here's a good one

Ryan,

I understand you are wrestling with one of the biggest decisions of you life. I can personally relate. My entire family graduated from OU and my brother was going to OU my senior year of High School. I was a lifetime OU sports fan including football. I was even enrolled at OU before switching to OSU at the last minute. I followed some friends to OSU and it was the best thing that could have happened to me. You will find no other place so special. In Stillwater you will find a community of friends and family that will last a lifetime. Our coaches have already told you they wanted you from day one. They have not played games with your scholarship offer.

Life is so much more important than wins and losses and football. Yes OU has had more success than OSU in the past. But the Sooner fans are never happy unless you win it all. If you don't they will jump ship and turn on you. At OSU we are passionate about our school, our experience and our team. How else could you get such a solid fan base game after game. If you come to OSU you will be a lifetime Cowboy, it will change your life.

If you go ahead and commit to OU I will respect your decision. I will not badmouth you, I will not boo you when you come to play in Stillwater. I will however feel bad that you did not get to experience what I did during my time at OSU.

vCash

Re: for some funny reading--go to the OSU sites and read some of the open letters to Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by aggy
    I will however feel bad that you did not get to experience what I did during my time at OSU.

He's got a point there. It's considerably more difficult to organize a livestock gangbang in Norman.
    "If you don't become an actor you'll never be a factor" - Lupe Fiasco

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Re: for some funny reading--go to the OSU sites and read some of the open letters to Ryan

i guess OSU is the only place people make friends in college or pull for the home team. great marketing campaign they've got going with Garth too. it's "fun". moreover, whenever people start talking in abstractions like "experience" to the exclusion of other things i stop paying attention.

not to mention: "following some friends to OSU...."

vCash

I just love that the guy's main selling point is: "Come to OSU...we won't care if you suck."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 landrun's Avatar
    vCash

Re: for some funny reading--go to the OSU sites and read some of the open letters to

OSU Open Letter

Being interpreted ... "Please... please... we're begging, please ... come to OSU. We suck without you."

vCash

Let's not sell aggy short. They'd suck with him, too.

vCash

another gem------

OSU fans state your greatest memories and things you love about Oklahoma State University, sometimes its nice to step back and look at what we are trying to accomplish in Stillwater.... I will Go first...

I remeber my first year I was originally attending the University of Central Oklahoma, though UCO is nice I missed that home feeling, So after a year at UCO I transfered to Oklahoma State University, best decision I ever made... I have met lifelong friends, and experienced so much about life all while never feeling as if I was at school.There is nothing like waking up on a Fall Saturday Morning, and experiencing the Game Atmosphere that I recieve everytime I go to a Game. The fans are loud, yet polite always saying "How Ya Doing?". No matter how bad we might be in the sport its the fans that make it all worth wild, and when a season comes along and we recieve great players and a Great team, the the Rowdiest and Most Loyal Fans in America come out full force. And I am sure as our atheltes know there is no greater feeling than running out of the gate to the cry of those fans. There is more to Oklahoma State University than athletics, its the friends, its going out with those friends and enjoying every moment... And the education that you will take with you is one that is ranked Nationally... So Mr. Broyles hope we get some more good memories from other faithful fans, and I end in this... The first college game I ever went to was with my Father, and it was at OSU... That is a day that I will never forget... and now here I sit Getting ready to Graduate from the "States University", and I know that all the experiences, challenges, and good times have come through the roads of Stillwater!

if this got any more pathetic it would have to be about being a bridesmade in your ex-girlfriends wedding.

vCash

Sounds more like those two are trying to justify a stupid decision on their part.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 landrun's Avatar
    vCash

Re: for some funny reading--go to the OSU sites and read some of the open letters to

Quote Originally Posted by bri
    Let's not sell aggy short. They'd suck with him, too.
    True. True.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by usmc-sooner

OSU fans state your greatest memories and things you love about Oklahoma State University, sometimes its nice to step back and look at what we are trying to accomplish in Stillwater.... I will Go first...

I remeber my first year I was originally attending the University of Central Oklahoma, though UCO is nice I missed that home feeling, So after a year at UCO I transfered to Oklahoma State University, best decision I ever made... I have met lifelong friends, and experienced so much about life all while never feeling as if I was at school.There is nothing like waking up on a Fall Saturday Morning, and experiencing the Game Atmosphere that I recieve everytime I go to a Game. The fans are loud, yet polite always saying "How Ya Doing?". No matter how bad we might be in the sport its the fans that make it all worth wild, and when a season comes along and we recieve great players and a Great team, the the Rowdiest and Most Loyal Fans in America come out full force. And I am sure as our atheltes know there is no greater feeling than running out of the gate to the cry of those fans. There is more to Oklahoma State University than athletics, its the friends, its going out with those friends and enjoying every moment... And the education that you will take with you is one that is ranked Nationally... So Mr. Broyles hope we get some more good memories from other faithful fans, and I end in this... The first college game I ever went to was with my Father, and it was at OSU... That is a day that I will never forget... and now here I sit Getting ready to Graduate from the "States University", and I know that all the experiences, challenges, and good times have come through the roads of Stillwater!

but only when we have a "great team"

“If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.”

Bud Wilkinson

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerboomer93
    but only when we have a "great team"

I was thinking, 7-6, and not selling out your rival with a 48,000 seat stadium.

Talk about a fan base.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SleestakSooner's Avatar
    In a cardboard box... down by the Dempsey Dumpster.
    vCash

to quote everyone's favorite aggot... "Pathetic!"
    Quote Originally Posted by pokefun
    it is not natural to be optimistic and a cowboy fan unless it is the off season.

vCash

You guys actually have a favorite aggy?

That's ****ed up right there.

Yacht Rocker

vCash

osu, where the fans are loud, yet polite always saying "How Ya Doing?"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by usmc-sooner
    And the education that you will take with you is one that is ranked Nationally...
    I could start a school tomorrow and the education my students received would be ranked nationally. Err, Nationally.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Methinks the guy that wrote the 2nd letter:

A) Never passed English.
    B) Learned English at OSU (well, kinda).
    C) Did both A and B and took the Dexter Manley route to his piece of paper.

vCash

aggy still gets excited about seeing his name in the new phone book.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tommieharris91
    Methinks the guy that wrote the 2nd letter:

A) Never passed English.
    B) Learned English at OSU (well, kinda).
    C) Both and took the Dexter Manley route to his piece of paper.
    Whatever. His education is ranked Nationally.

vCash

Plus, there's a coupon for a free order of burnt cheese fries from Joe's on the back of his diploma.

Yacht Rocker

vCash

Ewww, you know something they sell there.