Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Octavian's Avatar
    vCash

Impressed with Capel

I was really impressed with Jeff tonight...

The ags thought they were gonna run us outta the gym tonight...and why not?

We've taken a lot better teams than this year's squad into GI and got beat worse than that.

Our players were ready to play....our schemes were solid throughout the night....he provided leadership and direction at times when he could've lost his cool or lost his focus after questionable calls....kept our guys focused on the next possession and stayed positive....

the players responded to him very well.

We weren't supposed to be in it w/ :25 to play, but we were.

And when the Japanimation character hit the FT (after taking up space for 3 hours) that sealed it.....he chuckled to himself and cussed.

I like this guy. He seems like a winner.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Impressed with Capel

I was impressed. I liked his reaction also.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

That makes 3.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

If we continue to play like this I think 8-8 or better is within reach for this team.

Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

Capel is very impressive to me also; the Men's Hoops program is definitely headed in the right direction.

John

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

I had a lot of hope that Capel would turn out to be a good coach and the right fit for OU. Guess what? He is and it already shows. Our only flaws I thought were the Freshmen guards Maze and Crocker. They really struggled and I think the atmosphere got to them. Still love their quickness and intensity.

Great rebounding and D tonight by the Sooners. Struggled on offense a bit in the 2nd half or else we win. Johnson getting better, Godbold handling the ball and Ding up well. Nate Carter rising to the top again. A lot of things are coming together and I think it is due to Coach Capel's leadership. Could turn out to be a very fun season!!!
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...

He's a cool cat on the sideline and much more of a cerebral coach than what we've had in the past.

If he can recruit, the Big 12 is in trouble.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ash's Avatar
    vCash

He doesn't lack intensity, which I like, but I always notice that after he gets fired up he immediately follows it up with something positive or at least constructive for the players. He never gets totally down, which I think is showing in terms of how the players respond.

vCash

I was at the game and i was very impressed. He didnt let us get into that slump that we usually had with Kelvin, you know when we went 4-8 minutes with out a field goal. I felt he was giving them energy the whole game and that we always had a chance to win. I cant wait untill he gets some better offensive weapons.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooner2b09
    I was at the game and i was very impressed. He didnt let us get into that slump that we usually had with Kelvin, you know when we went 4-8 minutes with out a field goal. I felt he was giving them energy the whole game and that we always had a chance to win. I cant wait untill he gets some better offensive weapons.
    Word. We will be dominant in a couple years.
    "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
    Romans 5:8

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

He seemed very poised on the sideline.

And I think that translated well to the guys out on the court.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

Totally agree, I was impressed by almost every aspect of OU today.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Partial Qualifier's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian
    I

And when the Japanimation character hit the FT (after taking up space for 3 hours) that sealed it.....he chuckled to himself and cussed.
    An animated gif of Capel chuckling & mouthing "GAWDAMMIT!" would be hella sweet

I'm very impressed with Capel as well! He did us proud preparing for last night's game. Keep it up, Coach

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

Remember when OU hired Jeff Capel?

You will.

Count me in. Haven't missed a home game during the Capel era yet and I like everything I see. Give this guy equal talent on the floor and it will be good times.

He has this particular team "sold" without a doubt. I think we may take a few more lumps this year, but I definitely think we're NIT bound-- and we could do very well in that tournament, which would really exceed the expectations for this season.

The next step for Capel will be to see how he does when the talent is better, expectations are raised, and we become a favorite rather than an underdog. BIG difference there.

I love what I see thus far from Capel. It's a fun process to watch. But let's remember that it IS a process- and it's a process that is just beginning.

have to echo the sentiments here......i didnt expect us to be anywhere close to winning or having a chance in this game....surprise surprise, this team is playing is overachieving right now

Capel's a keeper!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OSUAggie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian
    ....he provided leadership and direction at times when he could've lost his cool or lost his focus after questionable calls....
    heh... whatever..

OU looked good. They had a clue what they were doing on both ends of the court, which is much better than the way OSU plays most of the time. They're solid with the ball, play good defensive and rebound well. Can't ask for much more than that. Once some scorers come in, they should be really good.

Hope the Pokes took some notes. Need to wake up from their current funk.

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

Umm...don't neg me for this...but I like him better than Kelvin.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerStormchaser
    Umm...don't neg me for this...but I like him better than Kelvin.
    Something tells me that won't draw a single neg.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

Administrator
    vCash

Jeff Capel is the anti-Sutton.

On one sideline there's a coach who is cool, calm, professional, passionate-yet-composed, fresh, suave, intense, focused, and semi-good looking.

On the other sideline........there's not.