party pooper
    vCash

Deers in my headlights

As I drove up to the house after a quick trip to the store just now, there were three deers in my lawn. a doe, a buck and a fawn. I thought that was a little odd.

I tried to get pictures of them, but I was too far away in the dark for it to work. before I could adjust the timing of the flash to extend the range, they darted off...and whilst crossing the road, damn near got runt over by a security vehicle.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Octavian's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Deers in my headlights

the word "whilst" is underused and underappreciated

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hot Rod's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian
    the word "whilst" is underused and underappreciated
    and "runt".
    Ahahahaha...I like it!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OSUAggie's Avatar
    vCash

And the plural form of deer, which is apparently deers. Although, I suppose that has become acceptable nowadays.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

I saw a few yesterday on the way to work.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

Corrected by an aggie??? Go figure!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member fadada1's Avatar
    vCash

they do know about hoofed animals.
    I don’t know if the block on that last one was due to low trajectory or if the guys up front didn’t hold their ground well enough. I’m not convinced it matters. We have every reason to believe the ball could have gone through the uprights and the refs would have signaled first down Oregon. - D.E.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

that is wierd usually it's a doe and a pair of fawns

Administrator
    vCash

Deer? You want deer? My neighbor across the road sowed about 100 acres of rye (cereal rye, not the grass). We've counted over 40 deer at one time in his pasture. The bucks still have their antlers, and most of the fawns are getting big (eating that rye will do it to you). There's buckzilla (a 16-point who I thought was a 12-point during gun season), a very nice 12-point, a couple 10-points, a few 8-points, and several 6-point and below. There was only one raghorn deer I've seen. I watch them every day while feeding the cattle. I hope they shed pretty soon, or some ****head wearing an OSU beanie is gonna poach that big boy.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ike
    As I drove up to the house after a quick trip to the store just now, there were three deers in my lawn. a doe, a buck and a fawn. I thought that was a little odd.

I tried to get pictures of them, but I was too far away in the dark for it to work. before I could adjust the timing of the flash to extend the range, they darted off...and whilst crossing the road, damn near got runt over by a security vehicle.
    Later that night....

"Ma, it got it's "hoof" stuck in the grill and I gotta hack it off"
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

party pooper
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Deer? You want deer? My neighbor across the road sowed about 100 acres of rye (cereal rye, not the grass). We've counted over 40 deer at one time in his pasture. The bucks still have their antlers, and most of the fawns are getting big (eating that rye will do it to you). There's buckzilla (a 16-point who I thought was a 12-point during gun season), a very nice 12-point, a couple 10-points, a few 8-points, and several 6-point and below. There was only one raghorn deer I've seen. I watch them every day while feeding the cattle. I hope they shed pretty soon, or some ****head wearing an OSU beanie is gonna poach that big boy.
    sweet.

And no, I don't necessarily want deer, just remarking that given where I live, this is just a little bit odd.

vCash

One night when the Mrs and I were leaving her brothers in S Orange NJ, we pulled up to a stop sign and emerging from a condo unit across the street was what had to be the biggest friggin buck that I haven't seen not on someone's wall. I mean this sucker was Hartford commercial HUGE. At first we thought it was fake then it took a few steps. Our mouths were hanging wide open. It was very surrealistic in that setting.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron
    One night when the Mrs and I were leaving her brothers in S Orange NJ, we pulled up to a stop sign and emerging from a condo unit across the street was what had to be the biggest friggin buck that I haven't seen not on someone's wall. I mean this sucker was Hartford commercial HUGE. At first we thought it was fake then it took a few steps. Our mouths were hanging wide open. It was very surrealistic in that setting.
    Did you know that NJ has more deer per mile than any other state? At least they did a few years ago. They were having an "urban hunt" while I was up there. It was archery only, and only one weekend, but you could shoot Bambi anywhere in town. One of the locals was talking to some other guys about "make sure your dogs are locked up in the house."

vCash

Did you know that NJ has more deer per mile than any other state? At least they did a few years ago. They were having an "urban hunt" while I was up there. It was archery only, and only one weekend, but you could shoot Bambi anywhere in town. One of the locals was talking to some other guys about "make sure your dogs are locked up in the house."
    The issues the past couple of years have been bears. At least, the bear "problem" overshadowed the deer "problem". Thus, getting more press, cuz they're like dangerous.
    Soonerinabilene

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron
    The issues the past couple of years have been bears. At least, the bear "problem" overshadowed the deer "problem". Thus, getting more press, cuz they're like dangerous.
    Sweet. We can kill a deer, then shoot the bear that's marfing on the deer carcass. I wonder what an out-of-state deer/bear tag costs in NJ?

vCash

I have no idea.
    Soonerinabilene

vCash

Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

Dang Dean, why are all these big boys still walkin around? Did you not shoot anything this year?
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow
    vCash

Doe? A deer? A female deer?

Oh, BTW, several years ago, I was in court, getting approval for a minor's settlement after the kid was in an accident with a drunk driver. Relative came up to me all ****ed off, saying he hoped my guy had all manner of evil happen to him.

I looked him in the eye and said, "Good news. My client was gored to death by a buck in a rut." d00d didn't believe me until I showed him the adjuster's computer log notes. He didn't look up much for the rest of the hearing.

Personally, I think getting gored to death by a buck would be an unsavory exit.
    I got a bad mustache
    a recurring rash
    and not a lot of cash.
    I spend it on my stash.
    Man it's good to be a geek!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    A better idea would be for posters to stop being cockgobbling dooshrockets for the sport of it.