Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dear Verizon

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Dear Verizon

That sucks. If I want an hd cable box, all I have to do is go to the Optonline store with the old box and they hand me a shiny new hd box.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

2013 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS Osce0la's Avatar
    vCash

I bid on one (same phone I have now) on Ebay. Current bid is $6 (way better than the $62 the used cell phone store out here wanted to charge me) and shipping is only about $7.
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    Besides, a bitch gotta party, yo.

i used to be able to do that with cable....

after speaking with a manager, apparently there is some glitch in their system that precludes an order from going thru on my account....so they have to clear that, which means they have to send a request to another department which will take 3-5 business days......then they can call me back with an order and a day to come out......

dios mio

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Osce0la
    I bid on one (same phone I have now) on Ebay. Current bid is $6 (way better than the $62 the used cell phone store out here wanted to charge me) and shipping is only about $7.
    that sounds much better than free.
    one day

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 1stTimeCaller
    It says a lot that somebody would rather pay for a strangers unwated **** than to take yours for free doesn't it Spanky?

vCash

heh...I didn't even see your post until just now

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

heh...I didn't even see your post until just now

Just has a little water damage, that's all.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

My wifes phone died, so I replaced it with an ebay phone until we were up for renewal at Cingular. It was a GAIT system phone so that limited the options.

I have Directv and have ever since I was stuck with Multimedia Cablevision in The Village. We have Time Warner Cable here, there is no way I would get something that has Bevo On-Demand and a dedicated Longhorn sports channel. I have heard the Georgetown burb is supposed to be getting FIOS.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

offer is no longer on the table. Good luck with Ebay.
    one day

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BeetDigger's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    i used to be able to do that with cable....

after speaking with a manager, apparently there is some glitch in their system that precludes an order from going thru on my account....so they have to clear that, which means they have to send a request to another department which will take 3-5 business days......then they can call me back with an order and a day to come out......

dios mio

Verizon is supposed to be pretty good on customer service as a company. It sounds like your account got caught in neverland. I would push them to see if you can get something for your trouble. Maybe six months of HD box rental at the non-HD rental price. It isn't as much value as a day off, but it's something.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy.

vCash

PM me your address. I have a Nokia something or another camera phone from Verizon that I don't use any more. It's about a year old or maybe a tad older. I'll find it and the charger and ship it off to you.
    IT'S A TRAP!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BajaOklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

Jk, I was going to order FIOS last summer. However, I am not authorized to make changes on our account. The one I set up in 1989. That I pay the bills on. That they won't let me be added as a person authorized to make changes.

I will stick with the crappy TW (who changed their line-up without warning last week) until Verizon will take the order from me. Or until we move, which may come first.
    The fans on here are known for their objectivity, fair play, open minded welcoming of others, debating in an upfront, firm, but respectful manner.....TexasLidig8r 11/21/04

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

The main screen on my phone is broken (something wrong with the LCD, the whole screen is solid black). I took it to Verizon and they said it isn't eligible for an upgrade until October, and the warranty expired about 3 weeks ago. So, in order to get a new phone right now I would have to pay at least $120 (full retail on the cheapest phone they had in the store). I'm not very happy with them right now either. I can't access anything on my phone (phonebook, text messaging, etc...) because I can't see anything on the screen...Apparently there is no way for them to fix this in the store either...bastages.

Find out if you can connect it to your PC and transfer everything over that way.

Then buy a cheap phone on eBay, swap SIM cards and you're set.

vCash

sounds like he's worried that the phone may have fallen on the carpet too many times
    “If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.”

Bud Wilkinson

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerboomer93
    sounds like he's worried that the phone may have fallen on the carpet too many times
    WHAT THE **** IS THAT SMELL?!?!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner_Bob
    Find out if you can connect it to your PC and transfer everything over that way.

Then buy a cheap phone on eBay, swap SIM cards and you're set.
    The guy I was talking to said everything is stored on the battery and if you put the old battery on the new phone everything will be transferred with the battery (don't know if that is true or not, as this is the guy from the used cell phone place that told me this...)

oh, and the one I am bidding on ends in 23 hours...Looks like I may actually get the phone for $5 plus $6.50 s&h...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BajaOklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

I think it stores on the SIM card, not the battery.
    The fans on here are known for their objectivity, fair play, open minded welcoming of others, debating in an upfront, firm, but respectful manner.....TexasLidig8r 11/21/04

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BeetDigger's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma

But saying it's stored in the battery sounds so much cooler. Plus, he was probably afraid that someone might ask him what SIM stands for.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy.

vCash

The guy I was talking to said everything is stored on the battery and if you put the old battery on the new phone everything will be transferred with the battery (don't know if that is true or not, as this is the guy from the used cell phone place that told me this...)

oh, and the one I am bidding on ends in 23 hours...Looks like I may actually get the phone for $5 plus $6.50 s&h...
    Well half the problem is that the guy you're talking to doesn't know jack ****, so you might try talking to someone else
    “If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.”

Bud Wilkinson

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma
    ding ding ding, even Baja knows this and she a member of the Old Clique

sims cards are very handy since they store everything (well, normally depends on certain settings in the phone)

Bud Wilkinson