Thread: GHP

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

GHP

Finally got around to trying that Art of Shaving stuff. Forgot to pack my shaving stuff when I went to AZ so I grabbed a little gift pack with the pre-shave oil, cream, aftershave balm, and badger brush.

That stuff is awesome. Truly awesome. My face feels better than it has in years.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

Re: GHP

I got a shave in New York at The Art of Shaving. It was an awesome once-in-a-lifetime shave.

The brush they sell is particularly nice.

Brewmaster

vCash

Hehehe. I've enver actually bought anything from Art of Shaving - I always think they want too damn much money. But yeah, having good-quality shaving stuff makes a TON of difference.
    ... that's not food.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jeopardude
    I got a shave in New York at The Art of Shaving. It was an awesome once-in-a-lifetime shave.

The brush they sell is particularly nice.
    You mean they actually have locations where you can go in and get a shave? That's awesome.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUAndy1807's Avatar
    vCash

I need a shaving set that doesn't cost $100. Where are the face products for us budget minded men? Anyone got any recommendations?

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

I had pretty decent results with Brave Soldier products, which seem to be a bit lower-priced than AoS. However, there was a noticeable difference (to me) between the two.

Just make sure that you get a badger brush. AoS recommends either Gillette Fusion or Mach 3 blades.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BoogercountySooner's Avatar
    vCash

Booger shaves once a week sometimes.

Thank god for a little injun Heritage!

Booger Kills Deer and eatsem!

Brewmaster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUAndy1807
    I need a shaving set that doesn't cost $100. Where are the face products for us budget minded men? Anyone got any recommendations?
    One of the places I check for stuff is http://www.classicshaving.com/page/page/800550.htm

Some of the Vulfix shaving brushes are as cheap as $35 for actual badger hair. They also have everything from a $5 cake of shaving soap to $20 tubs of shaving cream.

If you want stuff that's a little less "old school" you can try http://www.shavingcream.com/

They usually have a pretty good selection.
    ... that's not food.