Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Talking Charger Fans Are So Funny

Living here in San Diego, we have to put up with a lot of BS being Seahawks fans and how we suck. Well, my 12 year old daughter had enough of their smack and looked up the playoff records since 1976. That was the year the Seahawks entered the league. Below are her findings.

Total Games Played

Chargers 14 6-8, Seahawks 14, 6-8

Days Needed For Record

Chargers 9,476 Seahawks 8,415

1,061 days less than the Chargers

Total Points Lost By

Chargers 126, Seahawks 75,

51 points less than the Chargers

Last Super Bowl

Chargers, 1-29-1995, Seahawks 2-5-2006

Love it that she stands up for herself.

Go SEAHAWKS!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BeetDigger's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Charger Fans Are So Funny

They are counting on Marty and his stellar playoff coaching experience to carry them to victory this year.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BeetDigger
    They are counting on Marty and his stellar playoff coaching experience to carry them to victory this year.
    Now thats funny. True though but still funny. I honestly will be surprised if they get past New England.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

You're a Chicken fan and you're attempting to smack-talk the Chargers?

The Chargers own the Chickens based on San Diego Super Chargers alone.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AllAboutThe'O''s Avatar
    There she is, and I hope she's living where I is.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUSoonerinSanDiego
    Living here in San Diego, we have to put up with a lot of BS being Seahawks fans and how we suck. Well, my 12 year old daughter had enough of their smack and looked up the playoff records since 1976. That was the year the Seahawks entered the league. Below are her findings.

Total Games Played

Chargers 14 6-8, Seahawks 14, 6-8

Days Needed For Record

Chargers 9,476 Seahawks 8,415

1,061 days less than the Chargers

Total Points Lost By

Chargers 126, Seahawks 75,

51 points less than the Chargers

Last Super Bowl

Chargers, 1-29-1995, Seahawks 2-5-2006

Love it that she stands up for herself.

Go SEAHAWKS!!!
    I think you'll like this story about this Seahawk fan that lives in Arkansas.

http://www.swtimes.com/articles/2007...y/sports03.txt

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich
    You're a Seahawks fan and you're attempting to smack-talk the Chargers?

The Chargers bow to the Seahawks based on being far superior alone.
    FIXED

Your comment alone shows how much smarter my daughter is than you. Facts are facts buddy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutThe'O'
    I think you'll like this story about this Seahawk fan that lives in Arkansas.

http://www.swtimes.com/articles/2007...y/sports03.txt

Thanks. Great story.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

But how many Super Bowls does either franchise have?

OK, I rest my case.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

Administrator
    vCash

Okay, the Broncos own you both!

Seriously, if Marty coaches like he has been this year, they will win it all....BUT, if he goes back to Marty Ball....they're done this weekend!

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

FIXED

Your comment alone shows how much smarter my daughter is than you. Facts are facts buddy.
    How many league championships have the Chickens won again? Here's a hint: it's less than the Chargers.

Facts are facts.

One team has tradition. One team steals it from Texas A&M.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Oh geez.

Steve Young just threw another TD on the Chargers.

At least Seattle was cheated.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sanantoniosooner
    Oh geez.

Steve Young just threw another TD on the Chargers.

At least Seattle whines a lot about being cheated.
    They sure do.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

They sure do.
    Hard to whine when you got turned into a prom date like San Diego did.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sanantoniosooner
    Hard to whine when you got turned into a prom date like San Diego did.
    Man, that's awesome that the best you can do is talk about something 10 years and four coaches ago. However, I'm sure that if Seattle had lost by 40, they'd have complained about the turf being loose and the refs being in the pocket of the Steelers. That's how the "12th man" rolls.

Frankly, that Charger team had no business being in the Super Bowl. The two best teams in the league by a WIDE margin were both in the NFC that year. The AFC had to put someone in there, though.

vCash

How many league championships have the Chickens won again? Here's a hint: it's less than the Chargers.

Facts are facts.

One team has tradition. One team steals it from Texas A&M.

What tradition? As a constant poor performing team? Maybe. Even head to head the chargers have less wins than the Seahawks. Enjoy the bandwagon.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

What tradition? As a constant poor performing team? Maybe. Even head to head the chargers have less wins than the Seahawks. Enjoy the bandwagon.
    The bandwagon? I've got a #19 jersey hanging in my closet. I have a Don Coryell autograph hanging in my den.

Bandwagon would be a fanbase that only started going to games a couple of years ago after the last hunk of crap stadium had to be blown up.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Man, that's awesome that the best you can do is talk about something 10 years and four coaches ago. However, I'm sure that if Seattle had lost by 40, they'd have complained about the turf being loose and the refs being in the pocket of the Steelers. That's how the "12th man" rolls.

Frankly, that Charger team had no business being in the Super Bowl. The two best teams in the league by a WIDE margin were both in the NFC that year. The AFC had to put someone in there, though.

Mike, I'm curious about something. I realize I don't know much about your background, etc. Please enlighten me as to why you feel the need to display your obvious dislike, er, disgust for the Seahawks? I mean, as you so vehemently have posted, in your opinion they have not done anything superb, spectacular or noteworthy in their tenure in the NFL. So I'm not sure I understand why you feel the need to make sure we are all aware of how much you don't like them.

Maybe someone ****ed in your post toasties today, and you just feel the need to take it out on someone, and the Seahawks happen to be in your line of fire today.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Um, possibly because your husband felt the need to post his disdain for Charger fans and the Charger franchise?

I don't have any real hard feelings towards the Chickens.

vCash

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Well, you must admit Mike. It doesn't really matter what team anyone cheers for, every team has their idiot fans. The Charger fans around here, that we seem to run into the most, are misplaced LA Raider fans that have no team to root for. I think you know what I mean when I say, Raider fans. Most of the time, I could care less if the Chargers win or lose. They are just not on my radar as teams I check out on Sunday.

What his original post was trying to point out, was that there was some punk kid who was spouting off that Seahawks suck and that the Chargers rule to our daughter yesterday. Our daughter had the smarts and sense enough to go look it up and compare the stats over a period of time. The kid could have been rooting for any team, Chargers, Saints, Dolphins, etc. The team was not the point. The point was that our daughter (only being in 6th grade) is smart enough to think to go do her research and outsmart a smart *** 8th grade punk.

Hubby's remark on NE outplaying SD comes from NE's record in the playoffs in January. That is a stat that is difficult to overlook, even if they are playing in SD's backyard. It will be a very good game. Personally, I wouldn't want to play either team.