Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Drown Their Kittens My cats woke me up wanting to open presents.

Set alarm for 0500 hrs so I could ambush the paper "boy" (approx. age, 35) and hand him a Christmas card with some $ in it. Written on card: "Thanks for all your faithful service. Now, please, work on your gunnery skills. Signed, State Your Name." (He misses the mark by at least 20 feet evAry time.) Waited in bathrobe, cuppa java in hand, for 1 hr. and 15 minutes until he showed up, in 42F and howling winds.
    Surly lout showed up, accepted card, mumbled what may have been thanks.
    0620...back to the sack.
    0715...Winchester purring contentedly as he sleeps on the pillow.
    0716...Miss Monicat Meowinsky, apparently miffed at his usurping of her rightful place, attacks. I receive slight laceration to scalp as W'chester seeks traction in an attempt to escape felonious feline female fury.
    0716:45...in bathroom, dabbing Neosporin(TM) on wound.
    0718...After ingniting coffee maker, seeking under furniture and in various crannies in hopes of effecting retaliatory strike. (See: Catbeating Contests I Have Won.)
    0722...Discover cats, looking innocent and adorable, sitting in living room, looking up wistfully at their stockings (hung by the chimney, with care.)
    0724...Sipping coffee, a bit misty-eyed, on the couch, watching cats roll in some newly sprinkled catnip and batting new toys between trips to small bowl of cat treats placed nearby.
    0727...Missing Martha too much to bear so get up, recheck shotgun and ammo (No! Not that. For tomorrow's combined Dove and Quail hunt.)

And now, here I sit.

Merry Christmas to all, a safe and loving one!
    You have all enriched my life beyond measure.

LoyalFan
    Last edited by LoyalFan; 12/25/2006 at 09:11 AM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: My cats woke me up wanting to open presents.

Sounds like my house.

Merry Christmas Loyal!
    posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

Ha!

Merry Christmas dudes . . . and dudettes.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Very funny-deserves yellow stars! Merry Christmas, esp. to miss Monicat.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OklaPony's Avatar
    vCash

Sounds like a nice Christmas to me! Have a great one everybody!
    Pride '80 - '81

Whenever Jay Carney speaks, a logic-angel gets its wings ripped off.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AllAboutThe'O''s Avatar
    There she is, and I hope she's living where I is.
    vCash

When I drove 3+ hours to my parents' house for a few days, I took my cat Leah Rush 'O' (a.k.a. the Happy Cat) to my sister's house where she stayed and my niece and nephew got to play with her. She had a great time and predictably she didn't want to get put into the cat wagon for the trip back home. But she's at her regular home now and got some cat toys for Christmas when we got back. She's doing fine now.
    Hope your cats had a great Christmas.

p.s. I better let Leah into the computer room; I hear her meowing outside the door.

vCash

We had a houseful for Christmas so our scaredy cats hid out in the bedroom the whole time.

I kinda wish I could have hid out in the bedroom the whole time too! It was mayhem.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BajaOklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

I moved our Zoey's things out of her room for our Christmas Day guest to take over that room. My son brought his rescued cat, Morgan, over for the day. We don't even try to let the cats meet each other - it would take weeks for it to work.
    So Captain spends the day hiding under the bed, instead of on the window seat watching the World pass by. She would have loved it, if she had tried. She is a gorgeous cat - still hard to believe that someone would dump her outside in an apartment complex, in last's cold Winter.
    Zoey had her nose bent out of shape after they left. She did not like the smells Morgan left behind. I should have gotten out the vanilla when Captain came over.
    The fans on here are known for their objectivity, fair play, open minded welcoming of others, debating in an upfront, firm, but respectful manner.....TexasLidig8r 11/21/04