Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

Knicks-Nuggets Brawl Tonight

Pretty sad when the NBA has better fights than the NHL;all 10 players on the court were ejected including Najera, but he never did anything from the clips i saw.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Knicks-Nuggets Brawl Tonight

he was cited for being MWOTC

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Mexican With Out The Cajones?
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

vCash

It's becoming more and more apparent why the league used the Refs to elevate Wade to Superstar status in the Finals. I mean everybody shoots 3x their normal FT's in the finals, right?

Gotta have a #2 to Lebron and Melo is too much of a thug.

Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

Drunky Town Limnologist Fraggle145's Avatar
    vCash

This is why basketball should be killed... T. H. U. G. S. everyone in the NBA could play football for "Da U." What a fukin joke. does anyone care about the NBA anymore? between them and hockey I dont know which has a more worthless less intelligent fanbase... maybe the WWE, NASCAR? Pro sports just suck a$$, cry me a fukin river he was gonna dunk on you again, maybe if you would have, oh I dont know... STOPPED HIM? God I hate millionaire crybabies, take my life for a half day...
    Last edited by Fraggle145; 12/17/2006 at 05:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    your puny brain can't understand the awesomeness of God
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

Administrator
    vCash

Okay, as a long time Denver fan (and resident), I feel compelled to stand up for Carmello, as it relates to the "Thug" title. Did he make a mistake tonight? Sure. He was way out of line, and should be (and will be) punished for it.

As for Melo being a Thug, what are you basing that on? Tonights events? Having seen a lot of things Carmello has done off the court, and being involved in a project that he helped start financially (philanthropic in nature), I assure you Carmello is not a Thug. Tonight, he showed exactly what he is...a young kid, that still needs to grow up.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps
    Okay, as a long time Denver fan (and resident), I feel compelled to stand up for Carmello, as it relates to the "Thug" title. Did he make a mistake tonight? Sure. He was way out of line, and should be (and will be) punished for it.

As for Melo being a Thug, what are you basing that on? Tonights events? Having seen a lot of things Carmello has done off the court, and being involved in a project that he helped start financially (philanthropic in nature), I assure you Carmello is not a Thug. Tonight, he showed exactly what he is...a young kid, that still needs to grow up.
    I wouldn't say he's a thug more of a little bich for the sucker punch and run.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

vCash

Thug was probably a little far (drinking), but to the casual fan, he's been in the news multiple times for his friend getting arrested for possession while driving his companies car, and he was arrested with Marijuana getting on a team flight, but said it was his friends.

Now, both of those charges may have been, and probably were dropped. but those headlines don't make it as big as "NBA star arrested before boarding team flight". They run on page 3 and such.

I'm just saying that the average fan sees those articles on ESPN.com and after a you pile a few of them on, then something like this happen, it just looks bad.

I'm sure he's a good guy and does lots of great things on and off the court.

Drunky Town Limnologist Fraggle145's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by colleyvillesooner
    I'm sure he's a good guy and does lots of great things on and off the court.
    So does Allen Iverson... is he a thug? just sayin. Dont be a jack *** on national TV, dont sucker punch people, dont get arrested for drugs (or have friends that do etc...) its not that hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    your puny brain can't understand the awesomeness of God
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

vCash

Yeah these guys are millionaires, but where lots of them come from they still believe in earning or keeping respect. Carmello by sucker-punching that dude was in his mind standing up for a teammate -- big spek! Now of course to most of us it looks rediculous what he did, and yeah it makes him look like a thug -- though a sissyfied one for sucker-punching and running.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

doesn't matter what you do off the court. He can still be a thug, just like the majority of the NBA.

pathetic losers.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mrowl
    doesn't matter what you do off the court. He can still be a thug, just like the majority of the NBA.

pathetic losers.
    What qualifies one to be a "thug"? I guess I just don't see it.

Is he a kid that made a bad decision? Yep. Is he an idiot or moron for choosing to punch an opposing player? Yep.

I define "thug" as a violent criminal. I think Carmello is far from that.

It's very easy to label someone based on one or two incidents you see on ESPN. I'm just saying there is much, much more to Carmello most people don't see. A very good, caring side. That's not to say he's an angel, but are any of us?

vCash

What qualifies one to be a "thug"? I guess I just don't see it.

Is he a kid that made a bad decision? Yep. Is he an idiot or moron for choosing to punch an opposing player? Yep.

I define "thug" as a violent criminal. I think Carmello is far from that.

It's very easy to label someone based on one or two incidents you see on ESPN. I'm just saying there is much, much more to Carmello most people don't see. A very good, caring side. That's not to say he's an angel, but are any of us?
    I agree, but the fan the NBA is targeting is the kind that watches/reads ESPN and that's all they see.

Administrator
    vCash

Just taking a stab in the dark here, but suppose one of our (Sooner) defensive players, say Zach Latimer, was chop blocked, or was the victim of a perceived cheap shot by an opposing player, and Rufus took a swing at the guy that did it, would that make Rufus a thug?

And before you say "well, that's the difference....Rufus doesn’t do that", let me remind you that there has been many incidents in OU history where that type of thing has happened. The difference is that it's football, and society just accepts that football players are going to retaliate.

I can say, without any doubt that if the incident that occurred at a home (basketball or football) game in Norman, more than 95% of us wouldn’t label any of our players “thugs”. And, as we all know, there have been many, many former Sooners that have had their share of incidents on and off the court/field.

The only point I am making is based on what I know of Carmello (and it’s not a close, personal relationship by any means), he is far from being thug.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by colleyvillesooner
    I agree, but the fan the NBA is targeting is the kind that watches/reads ESPN and that's all they see.
    I agree. There is no doubt that what Carmelo (and the other's that were involved) did was wrong. And they should (and will be) punished for what they did.

As long as there is sports and competition, there will be incidents like the Nuggets/Knicks, Pacers/Pistons and Miami/FIU brawls. I guess we, as a society have choosen to consdier it "the price we pay". It's sad...but I don't want to get on my soapbox about what's wrong with sports.

vCash

Probably not to us close to the situation, but to outsiders, maybe. Some people would just say, "I remember that guy, he got arrested a while back for being involved in a fight. Now this."

We all know those charges were bogus and that they were dropped, but did that make the front page of the CFB section of ESPN like the arrest did? No.

People close to the Denver scene know better, but people outside, probably just see this as another incident involving Carmelo. And that's what the NBA doesn't like.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mrowl

pathetic losers.
    wow.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D
    wow.
    Scott-y,
    That was my first reaction to that post. mrowl has posted here a long time, and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. But, it could very easily be misunderstood, or taken for another meaning.

vCash

I thought that post was almost Dean-ish.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D
    wow.
    I don't see whats "wow" about it.

IMO, on ANY night, if that same scenario happened at ANY NBA game, that same brawl would happen... and would possibly clear the benches also.

Any the other top 3 sports (we will include the NHL ), that would not happen.