Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer brown town sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Cade Davis (Capels first signee)

Capel's 1st signee had 17 points and 20 rebounds in a game played at Elgin against OKC Knights. Next up...Tulsa Metro Christian.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ash's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Cade Davis (Capels first signee)

Wow, nice work on his part. Grabbing 20 boards!

Can someone post the Elk City schedule? I'd like to check him out. Thanks.

Thanks, WB!

vCash

Davis had 17 points and 8 rebounds in today's game against Tulsa Metro Christian. TMC was ranked #13 and Elk City beat them 62-38.

Something happened that I've never seen before. Davis was "T'd" up before the start of the game for dunking in warm-ups. I've been calling games for Elk City for 11 years and have been attending high school basketball games for a lot longer than that and have never seen that happen. TMC got to shoot 2 free shots and got possession of the ball to start the game. Must have ticked Davis off because all he did was go out and have 11 points in the first quarter including two monster dunks. Elks rolled after that.

vCash

WTF? I've never heard of anything like that before...

dayum, you dunk in warm-ups and the other team gets two freebies? I don't even get why some a-hole would think up that rule...???

It has been a long time since I played in High School but that rule was in effect then (86-89). Our coach made a point to tell us since we had one player try to dunk.

vCash

I guess it's a known rule that the coaches and kids are aware of but NO ONE ever calls it. The dunk in question wasn't a backboard rattling hang on the rim thing either. It was a just a 2 handed almost "lay in" but the ref t'd him on it. I talked to Cade after the game and he said after he had dunked it he saw a referee out of the corner of his eye making a b-line for him with this look on his face like...."you're about to be in a lot of trouble." The ref asked him his jersey number so Cade told him and the ref promptly went to the score desk and t'd him up. Dangdest thing I've ever heard of. Only thing I can figure is they were small school refs who aren't used to seeing that kind of thing.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

that's bull****. the ref should have taken Cade aside and said "this is the deal, don't do it again". no way it should it impact the actual game on the floor when the clock starts.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by lubbocksooner
    It has been a long time since I played in High School but that rule was in effect then (86-89). Our coach made a point to tell us since we had one player try to dunk.
    I don't remember anything like that, but then I was never in danger of dunking.

vCash

King...I agree and Ash...I wouldn't know either. Only thing I've dunked is a donut.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner518's Avatar
    vCash

back when i was in high school (graduated in 01) players dunked in warm-ups all the time. why would anyone get T-d up for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by bri
    NOW, WITNESS THE ORANGE POWER OF THIS FULLY OPERATIONAL HALF-EMPTY STADIUM!!!!!

vCash

He got t-d up because the official wanted to prove a point I guess. Really stupid in my opinion. I could understand if it was a deal where the players was doing it to intimidate the other team or was doing something that was unsafe to himself or other players but like I said before it was barely a "hand on the rim" thing and further more...several other Elk players had been doing it and they didn't get t'd up. I guess the officials didn't see them.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ash
    I don't remember anything like that, but then I was never in danger of dunking.
    I know the feeling.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Quote Originally Posted by brown town sooner
    King...I agree and Ash...I wouldn't know either. Only thing I've dunked is a donut.
    Yup me too, I imagine the rule is a hold over from the days before rims that would break over when hung on. Ours were the old oval type with the fixed rim. After the season one year a guy was trying to dunk and missed and hung onto the rim to keep from falling and POP there went the backboard. The Super was not ammused. Probably best to eliminate the rule but I doubt that they will.

vCash

Cade Davis update will officially start back up tomorrow night. Elks take on rival Weatherford. Should be a good one but I just don't see Weatherford hanging with Elk City....they've been beating everyone by an average of 18 points per game. Davis has his usual gawdy numbers....25 ppg, 9 rbpg.

Sooner Benchwarmer ClintonSooner's Avatar
    vCash

i went to a Elk/ Clinton game, all I could say is hes a great player but very cocky otherwise IMO, he'll be good though, if he gets put at the right position, what pos will he play in college?
    Last edited by ClintonSooner; 1/4/2007 at 08:50 PM.
    STATE CHAMPS
    1965, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1978, 1982, 1984, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

so, who else have we signed? chris early, griffin, davis...?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddogbbq
    so, who else have we signed? chris early, griffin, davis...?

well, don't mind if i do...

http://interact.cstv.com/recruiting/...ort=basketball