Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Re: OSU giving away bowl tickets

Quote Originally Posted by orangekaje
    OSU gave away seats to bowl games? Where was this mentioned?
    Surely you jest? Where have you been? oSu gave away 1500 seats due to the largess of Boone Picken$...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonersam's Avatar
    vCash

Can't OSU fans except thier place in the College Football food chain so we can all get along.. Go argue with Baylor fans, I promise you'll have much more in common..
    Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Quote Originally Posted by soonerboy_odanorth
    P4C, you seem like a decent sort. But that statement is just plain silly.

It gets so out of control with the Texas posts we had to create a "No Longhorn Tuesday".

We don't even need to bother with a "No Poke x-day", because every day around here is pretty much a No Poke day as is.

And if you guys continue to delude yourselves that you are our chief rival you're going to end up living with a lot of disappointment...just as you do with most of your football seasons.

Thanks for playing.
    Well, I'll admit that I don't really look for Texas posts, so I guess I can't really speak for the number of texas posts on here. So, I'll retract my previous statement about that. Also, I never said that I thought OSU was OU's chief rival. But it's just funny how many of you proclaim not to care about OSU, espicially when it's done in a thread like this.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OSUAggie's Avatar
    vCash

How does one except one's place?

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet
    Surely you jest? Where have you been? oSu gave away 1500 seats due to the largess of Boone Picken$...
    I think he's just saying that OSU isn't taking a hit to increase the fans there. It was a donation by someone who cares about OSU. It's no different than if you bought 50 Fiesta Bowl tickets and gave them out to all your OU buds here on soonerfans.com (do it, I know people will love you for it ). He just relied on OSU to do the delivery. Also, though Pickens is a Likely possibility, there are plenty of other alumni and donars with enough cash to do this. Also, Pickens has had no problem letting others know of his donations before, why would he now?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonersam's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OSUAggie
    Sometimes its a hard pill to swallow... You'll figure it out
    Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Quote Originally Posted by soonersam
    Sometimes its a hard pill to swallow... You'll figure it out
    I think you missed the joke. Someone want to explain it to him?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner518's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by poke4christ
    I think you missed the joke. Someone want to explain it to him?
    spelling jokes are so 1999
    Quote Originally Posted by bri
    NOW, WITNESS THE ORANGE POWER OF THIS FULLY OPERATIONAL HALF-EMPTY STADIUM!!!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

I think he's just saying that OSU isn't taking a hit to increase the fans there. It was a donation by someone who cares about OSU. It's no different than if you bought 50 Fiesta Bowl tickets and gave them out to all your OU buds here on soonerfans.com (do it, I know people will love you for it ). He just relied on OSU to do the delivery. Also, though Pickens is a Likely possibility, there are plenty of other alumni and donars with enough cash to do this. Also, Pickens has had no problem letting others know of his donations before, why would he now?
    I didn't see the joke...winkies are a big help with the sarcasm. You're right, could be many people, but it is so hard not to poke fun at T.Boone...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Talking Re: OSU giving away bowl tickets

are you guys serious? you're on here bragging about buying up your allotted bowl game tickets when you can't even sell out one of the smallest D-1 stadiums in the country?

you couldn't even do it when you had a good product on the field.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SleestakSooner's Avatar
    In a cardboard box... down by the Dempsey Dumpster.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonersam
    Can't OSU fans accept their place in the College Football food chain so we can all get along.. Go argue with Baylor fans, I promise you'll have much more in common..
    Fixed

Hey engineering grads need math much more than writing skills

You Ags are driving sam to drink can't you see that?
    Quote Originally Posted by pokefun
    it is not natural to be optimistic and a cowboy fan unless it is the off season.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OKLA21FAN's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OSUAggie
    just look for a half empty D1A stadium under construction, and your will find your destiny!

vCash

Wow, This just proves once again that OSU is nothing without Boone Pickens

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Exclamation Jesus Christ on a forklift...

what do you do with your free Indy Bowl tickets?

ARNJ!!!!!

vCash

For the most part you are right, it did suck. However, I think evidence shows that fans were priced out and not refusing to show on their own. Not even the OU fans were willing to pay the high prices of the club level. Just to let you know, every game sold out the standard price tickets. It was the high price ones that were slow to go.
    There are other OU fans that probably felt the same way I did. (A) The $100 ticket was Holder's way of gouging Sooner fans the same way he has been doing with the pokes(B) the club level ticket price was to try to squeeze a donation out of OU fans that wouldn't give the Ags the time of day and (C) he was hoping for a one-sided showing at the "rivalry" game trying to give the pokies an advantage. Didn't work but I hope our athletic department returns the favor next year in Norman.

Go worry about Bama and quit trying to justify the goofy things OSU does.
    Last edited by Piware; 12/12/2006 at 08:19 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OKLA21FAN
    just look for a half empty D1A stadium under construction, and your will find your destiny!
    Except there are no seats in the constrution end zone........wait....... just figured out for Aggie how to "except ones place".
    [Sooner]Go to your place Aggie[/Sooner]
    [Aggie] Except there is not a seat over there [/Aggie].

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ash's Avatar
    vCash

Well...that's one way to spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Piware
    There are other OU fans that probably felt the same way I did. (A) The $100 ticket was Holder's way of gouging Sooner fans the same way he has been doing with the pokes(B) the club level ticket price was to try to squeeze a donation out of OU fans that wouldn't give the Ags the time of day and (C) he was hoping for a one-sided showing at the "rivalry" game trying to give the pokies an advantage. Didn't work but I hope our athletic department returns the favor next year in Norman.

Wow that's assuming just about the worst you could about everything relating to OSU and that game.

vCash

fixed

Wow, that's the truth about everything relating to OSU and that game.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Piware

That is the mindset of 90% of the puke fanbase, not just holder. My posse-club friends agreed that noone should sit in those seats unless they ponied up a donation. They enjoy being medium fish in a very very very small pond.