Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonersam's Avatar
    vCash

Re: OSU giving away bowl tickets

Quote Originally Posted by poke4christ
    If you actually believe that OSU wouldn't have sold out the 1,500 tickets that were donated, then you obviously didn't qualify to attend the university you support (or any other for that matter).

If you are just saying it to get in a jab on OSU, then I can live with that.

Oh, and enjoy the Fiesta Bowl. OU sure as heck earned it this year. Probably going to roll all over Boise.
    No I dont.... I was just there and saw first hand all the empty seats for a home game against YOUR rival.. (not our rival)
    Last edited by soonersam; 12/12/2006 at 04:01 PM.
    Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

I wonder how many Alabama Crimson Tide fans will be there compared to Cowboys?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 I_SMELL_FEAR's Avatar
    standing with one foot in the grave and one foot on a banana peel
    vCash

and I wonder how many of the Bama fans actually went to Bama...

vCash

Im sure the bama crazies will turn out in full force
    Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Bama fans normally travel very well but I don't think anyone is terribly excited about this one. There may not be the usual turnout. I think most everyone was hoping for the Music City bowl again since it is closer.

Quote Originally Posted by I_SMELL_FEAR
    and I wonder how many of the Bama fans actually went to Bama...
    I wonder how many of the Bama students actually went to Bama.
    I skipped my share of classes.

Quote Originally Posted by soonersam
    No I dont.... I was just there and saw first hand all the empty seats for a home game against YOUR rival.. (not our rival)
    You might want to inform the University of Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by shavedmarmoset
    You mean like not selling out your own stadium?
    For the most part you are right, it did suck. However, I think evidence shows that fans were priced out and not refusing to show on their own. Not even the OU fans were willing to pay the high prices of the club level. Just to let you know, every game sold out the standard price tickets. It was the high price ones that were slow to go.

Quote Originally Posted by orangekaje
    You might want to inform the University of Oklahoma.
    Surely you aren't thinking the osu cowboys are our rival are you? You have to know better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by OUSAEmom
    Surely you aren't thinking the osu cowboys are our rival are you? You have to know better than that.
    Then why was this thread started? Why is it five pages long? Why do you even care? We didn't start it, we are just responding to it.

I'm on here often enough to see that more threads are created about OSU, then about UT. Take this as you will, but if we aren't your rival, then stop posting about us. That is all.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Re: Oklahoma State Sells Out Ticket Allotment For PetroSun Independence Bowl

STILLWATER, Okla. - Continuing its strong tradition of football fan support, Oklahoma State has sold all of its 12,000 allotted tickets for the 2006 PetroSun Independence Bowl, which pits the Cowboys against Alabama on Dec. 28 at 3:30 p.m. in Shreveport, La.
    An anonymous donor purchased OSU’s final 1,500 tickets, which were given away on a first-come, first-serve basis to OSU students, faculty and staff on Monday. In less two hours, those 1,500 tickets were gone.

“Members of the OSU family have stepped up and we will have a sea of orange to support our team in Shreveport,” said Craig Clemons, OSU Vice President for Athletic Development. “Again, we are grateful to the generous contributor who made the last 1,500 tickets possible to new participants.”

OSU is the first school since Ole Miss in 1999 to sell out its allotment of Independence Bowl tickets.

“Our fans continue to make our football team attractive to bowl representatives with their unwavering support of Cowboy football,” said OSU ticket manager Tom Johnson. “This type of ticket demand ensures that we will continue to be pursued by bowl selection committees in the future.”

Tickets for the 2006 PetroSun Independence Bowl, as well as Bowl Week event tickets, are still available to the public by calling the Independence Bowl Office at 318-221-0712 or toll free at 888-414-BOWL (2695) or by visiting the bowl’s official web site at www.independencebowl.org.
    A strong tradition of not selling 1500 tickets. I almost thought Mizzou would out aggy you all, but alas, they didn't go all aggy. aggy has no idea when it comes to winning in football or following a team. Hears hoping there is an ice storm in Shreveport for ya...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Re: Oklahoma State Sells Out Ticket Allotment For PetroSun Independence Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by orangekaje
    OSU didn't give them away. They made their money off of them. OU fans are just jealous of OSU's sugar daddies.
    You can keep that long haired, scruffy necked, old people smelling dude...You need him, we don't.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

...Probably going to roll all over Boise.
    Not a chance, and that is now Boice! as in Boise City, OK.

Talking Re: OSU giving away bowl tickets

Then why was this thread started? Why is it five pages long? Why do you even care? We didn't start it, we are just responding to it.

I'm on here often enough to see that more threads are created about OSU, then about UT. Take this as you will, but if we aren't your rival, then stop posting about us. That is all.
    We were just pokin' a little fun at y'all. Thats all. No pun intended.
    You cowboys are such easy pickins'. No pun meant there either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet
    Not a chance, and that is now Boice! as in Boise City, OK.

What? Are you saying that OU has no chance to roll? I don't think you would argue against your own team. Did you missunderstand me?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I'm on here often enough to see that more threads are created about OSU, then about UT.
    P4C, you seem like a decent sort. But that statement is just plain silly.

It gets so out of control with the Texas posts we had to create a "No Longhorn Tuesday".

We don't even need to bother with a "No Poke x-day", because every day around here is pretty much a No Poke day as is.

And if you guys continue to delude yourselves that you are our chief rival you're going to end up living with a lot of disappointment...just as you do with most of your football seasons.

Thanks for playing.

"How did you find me?"

"I'm the man."

Thrill as Bob Stoops turns the knobs and adjusts the dials of his latest killing machine...

-Dr. Saturday

vCash

Have fun in Shrevport...
    Quit tuggin on Superman's cape...... Enough said!!

vCash

Texas doesnt give away seats to bowl games. If they were we would be laughing at them equally..

Quote Originally Posted by soonersam
    Texas doesnt give away seats to bowl games. If they were we would be laughing at them equally..

OSU gave away seats to bowl games? Where was this mentioned?

vCash

What? Are you saying that OU has no chance to roll? I don't think you would argue against your own team. Did you missunderstand me?
    Mea Culpa...I miss read it. Thanks for pointing it out. Though we will beat Boice State!