Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

Re: OSU giving away bowl tickets

Wait for it folks. If they win this game all we're gonna hear is "You know, those gooners lost when they played in the Independance Bowl and won an National Champeenship the next year. We won it so that means that we'll win 2 of them trophies next season."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 1stTimeCaller
    Wait for it folks. If they win this game all we're gonna hear is "You know, those gooners lost when they played in the Independance Bowl and won an National Champeenship the next year. We won it so that means that we'll win 2 of them trophies next season."
    they actually had a thread wondering if they would have won it all in '00 had they had Stoops and Heupel.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by I_SMELL_FEAR
    They were just confused because their tickets said west side and no one wanted endzone tickets.
    Pure....Gold.....
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Quote Originally Posted by OSUSam
    this thread is hilarious. If you look at the numbers, OSU has traveled well to every bowl game that they have been in. To suggest that they need someone to do this is ludicrous. It was a good gesture and I am sure STUDENTS enjoy it. Keep in mind, STUDENTS are different than the average fan who probably has a career.

They ran a story the other night on KFOR talking about the hardships of OU students who are sacrificing Christmas money to go to the Fiesta bowl. I am sure they would be too humble to accept a gift from someone at the university because it would make them seem a little "aggy"?

I have to laugh at your logic that OSU has to do this, because they had no trouble selling out Reliant stadium, the Cotton bowl or the Alamo bowl. To suggest they couldn't sell out the independence bowl is a stretch.
    1) That clip on KFOR was an interview with only one student who said himself that he was having no problem coming up with the money to go to the game, and was happy to use his Christmas money.

2) The students at the University of Oklahoma don't consider using their Christmas money to cheer on the Sooners at our annual Bowl game as a "sacrifice."

3) As parents of Sooner students, past, present and future, we know early on, at the time of their birth actually, that we should plan on providing them with Bowl money when their time comes to be in the student section. We plan for it. Its a way of life.

Our OU students need not depend on the kind gestures of strangers.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUSAEmom
    1) That clip on KFOR was an interview with only one student who said himself that he was having no problem coming up with the money to go to the game, and was happy to use his Christmas money.

2) The students at the University of Oklahoma don't consider using their Christmas money to cheer on the Sooners at our annual Bowl game as a "sacrifice."

3) As parents of Sooner students, past, present and future, we know early on, at the time of their birth actually, that we should plan on providing them with Bowl money when their time comes to be in the student section. We plan for it. Its a way of life.

Our OU students need not depend on the kind gestures of strangers.
    I love you Dad.

Your kids are lucky.
    I was a 3rd generation student, my father and my grandfather both went there. Grand dad was working at the Boomer theater in Norman after graduation, during the 47 game run in the 50's. He and my Grandmother would both work two jobs during the fall just so they could afford to go to the road games, including the bowl. Same for my Dad and my Mother, they were there during the Back to Back era of the 70's when Barry was running the show. They two would work multiple jobs so that they could go.

So long story short, they never had a bowl fund for me. They wanted me to scratch it out as they did. Not a bad deal really. But you are right. It is a way of life. Aggy fan does not realize that. Nor will they ever.

This thread makes me laugh. Would be funny if there are still empty seats at the game.

Being an OU and Bama fan, this is the worst bowl I could have possibly imagined. A crappy bowl and Aggies. Are you guys staying loyal to the Big12 in this or do you even care? As much as I try to pull for the SEC, I secretly enjoy watching TN and AUB choke in their bowl games.

Quote Originally Posted by sjt
    Being an OU and Bama fan, this is the worst bowl I could have possibly imagined. A crappy bowl and Aggies. Are you guys staying loyal to the Big12 in this or do you even care? As much as I try to pull for the SEC, I secretly enjoy watching TN and AUB choke in their bowl games.
    From reading y'alls boards at the time, I saw where most of you were pulling for LSU in the Sugar Bowl game we played in. That was without a doubt the worse football game experience of my life. Not that we lost, I was also at TGOWWDNS and had a nice time, but the Tiger fans were simply nasty smelling and horrid. Were you people not aware of the company we were having to contend with? Have you no mercy rooting against us for those backwood Joes?

I'm rooting for the Tide, but if the Cowboys win, I will be happy for them.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 ultimatesooner1's Avatar
    vCash

nothing like celebrating a 6-6 season that included tying Baylor for last place in the South
    ------------------------------------------------------

Therefore, as a result of their instate role as perennial losers in the series, the Cowboys have been consigned to the role of bridesmaid within the borders of the state for the past one hundred and two years, forcing them to relinquish the vast majority of the glory and fame to their rivals in Norman.

-Wann Smith

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sjt
    There are only a handful of teams that I would ever want to see the LoSuRs beat. Bama ain't one of 'em.

(For the record: Texas, Miami, USC, and Notre Dame... and that's about it.)

"How did you find me?"

"I'm the man."

Thrill as Bob Stoops turns the knobs and adjusts the dials of his latest killing machine...

-Dr. Saturday

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerJack's Avatar
    vCash

The University of Missouri is giving away 1,000 Sun Bowl tickets to students.

I always root for the Sooners (my wife is an alum and we used to live in Norman). I've been a Bama fan since I was a kid and went to school there so they'll always be my team but OU is running a very close second. I had a tough time with the OU/Bama series a few years ago.

As far as LSU goes, I'm not surprised by the treatment you received in New Orleans. Their fans can be very nasty.

Oklahoma State Sells Out Ticket Allotment For PetroSun Independence Bowl

STILLWATER, Okla. - Continuing its strong tradition of football fan support, Oklahoma State has sold all of its 12,000 allotted tickets for the 2006 PetroSun Independence Bowl, which pits the Cowboys against Alabama on Dec. 28 at 3:30 p.m. in Shreveport, La.
    An anonymous donor purchased OSU’s final 1,500 tickets, which were given away on a first-come, first-serve basis to OSU students, faculty and staff on Monday. In less two hours, those 1,500 tickets were gone.

“Members of the OSU family have stepped up and we will have a sea of orange to support our team in Shreveport,” said Craig Clemons, OSU Vice President for Athletic Development. “Again, we are grateful to the generous contributor who made the last 1,500 tickets possible to new participants.”

OSU is the first school since Ole Miss in 1999 to sell out its allotment of Independence Bowl tickets.

“Our fans continue to make our football team attractive to bowl representatives with their unwavering support of Cowboy football,” said OSU ticket manager Tom Johnson. “This type of ticket demand ensures that we will continue to be pursued by bowl selection committees in the future.”

Tickets for the 2006 PetroSun Independence Bowl, as well as Bowl Week event tickets, are still available to the public by calling the Independence Bowl Office at 318-221-0712 or toll free at 888-414-BOWL (2695) or by visiting the bowl’s official web site at www.independencebowl.org.

STILLWATER, Okla. - Continuing its strong tradition of football fan support, Oklahoma State has sold all of its 12,000 allotted tickets for the 2006 PetroSun Independence Bowl, which pits the Cowboys against Alabama on Dec. 28 at 3:30 p.m. in Shreveport, La.
    An anonymous donor purchased OSU’s final 1,500 tickets, which were given away on a first-come, first-serve basis to OSU students, faculty and staff on Monday. In less two hours, those 1,500 tickets were gone.

edit: poke4christ beat me to it...

You guys can laugh and make fun all you want, but those are the facts.

-12,000 aloted, all sold more than two weeks before the game.
    -Only 1,500 purchased for students, staff, and faculty. Gone within 2 hours.
    -Firts team to sell out independance bowl ticket alotment since 1999, OU vs Ole Miss
    -Ole Miss was the one that sold out, not OU.

There's not really anything to make fun of here. Try as you might, there just isn't.

Edit: turns out the article I refferenced may have been incorrect about the OU ticket sales. Better article was provided and I'll take that as the difinitive source. OU did sell it's IB allotment.
    Last edited by poke4christ; 12/15/2006 at 11:30 AM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonersam's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Oklahoma State Sells Out Ticket Allotment For PetroSun Independence Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by poke4christ
    “Our fans continue to make our football team attractive to bowl representatives with their unwavering support of Cowboy football,” said OSU ticket manager Tom Johnson. “This type of ticket demand ensures that we will continue to be pursued by bowl selection committees in the future.”

Tickets for the 2006 PetroSun Independence Bowl, as well as Bowl Week event tickets, are still available to the public by calling the Independence Bowl Office at 318-221-0712 or toll free at 888-414-BOWL (2695) or by visiting the bowl’s official web site at www.independencebowl.org.
    so by attractive you really mean give away tickets ???
    Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Okay then, it's only half as pathetic.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

Quote Originally Posted by soonersam
    so by attractive you really mean give away tickets ???
    OSU didn't give them away. They made their money off of them. OU fans are just jealous of OSU's sugar daddies.

If you actually believe that OSU wouldn't have sold out the 1,500 tickets that were donated, then you obviously didn't qualify to attend the university you support (or any other for that matter).

If you are just saying it to get in a jab on OSU, then I can live with that.

Oh, and enjoy the Fiesta Bowl. OU sure as heck earned it this year. Probably going to roll all over Boise.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonersam's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by orangekaje
    OSU didn't give them away. They made their money off of them. OU fans are just jealous of OSU's sugar daddies.
    and by jealous you mean our sugar daddies have a waiting list before blowing thier endless funds.
    Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by poke4christ
    There's not really anything to make fun of here. Try as you might, there just isn't.
    You mean like not selling out your own stadium?
    "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
    Romans 5:8