Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: OSU giving away bowl tickets

I know a Mizzou fan who went to that bowl last year. He said tickets were $35. What, OSU can't even sell their tickets for that price? That is actually sad. They still represent the state of Oklahoma and it would be better if they actually had some sort of positive public image.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

So, will Mike Shula coach Bama in that game?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoonesFarmSooner
    Wow! Can't sell out their home game against their biggest rival, can't sell their allotment of bowl game tix and now they are adding on to Rustoleum???

Gold, Jerry! GOLD!!!!!

this thread is hilarious. If you look at the numbers, OSU has traveled well to every bowl game that they have been in. To suggest that they need someone to do this is ludicrous. It was a good gesture and I am sure STUDENTS enjoy it. Keep in mind, STUDENTS are different than the average fan who probably has a career.

They ran a story the other night on KFOR talking about the hardships of OU students who are sacrificing Christmas money to go to the Fiesta bowl. I am sure they would be too humble to accept a gift from someone at the university because it would make them seem a little "aggy"?

I have to laugh at your logic that OSU has to do this, because they had no trouble selling out Reliant stadium, the Cotton bowl or the Alamo bowl. To suggest they couldn't sell out the independence bowl is a stretch.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 101sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OSUSam
    this thread is hilarious. If you look at the numbers, OSU has traveled well to every bowl game that they have been in. To suggest that they need someone to do this is ludicrous. It was a good gesture and I am sure STUDENTS enjoy it. Keep in mind, STUDENTS are different than the average fan who probably has a career.

They ran a story the other night on KFOR talking about the hardships of OU students who are sacrificing Christmas money to go to the Fiesta bowl. I am sure they would be too humble to accept a gift from someone at the university because it would make them seem a little "aggy"?

I have to laugh at your logic that OSU has to do this, because they had no trouble selling out Reliant stadium, the Cotton bowl or the Alamo bowl. To suggest they couldn't sell out the independence bowl is a stretch.

I have to laugh at the fact that OSU can't sell out their home games.

vCash

Yeah, I'm sure STUDENTS are hard-pressed to take that $35 hit.

I guess it was a choice between a ticket to the actual game, or getting another t-shirt from Eskimo Joe's. Thanks to Uncle Boone, now they can do BOTH!

PISTOLS FIRING!!!!
    "If you don't become an actor you'll never be a factor" - Lupe Fiasco

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
    So, will Mike Shula coach Bama in that game?
    No, Joe Kines will.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bri
    Yeah, I'm sure STUDENTS are hard-pressed to take that $35 hit.

I guess it was a choice between a ticket to the actual game, or getting another t-shirt from Eskimo Joe's. Thanks to Uncle Boone, now they can do BOTH!

PISTOLS FIRING!!!!
    Remember, we are talking about OSU students.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

OSU is a bunch of ****ing losers.
    The human torch was denied a bank loan.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

oSu will always travel well to bowl games because they will always be within 6 hours driving distance.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso
    oSu will always travel well to bowl games because they will always be within 6 hours driving distance.
    That's because they're tractors can't go any further.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Haha

That may be the funniest comment i've seen around here this season! Reminds me of the old days.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by tommieharris91
    That's because they're tractors can't go any further.

We are tractors?

vCash

Post of the day.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

Let's see, OU students have to pony up the $135 for each ticket, at least two hotels in a pretty expensive area, and for at least $200 for gas. So ya, I am making some sacrifices to make it. Pukes have to shell out $35 for a ticket, one hotel in a fairly cheap area, and $100 for gas. See the difference? But hey, we don't need charity to buy OUr tickets for a game more than 1,000 miles away. Whatever I guess, we don't **** sheep either.
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I wonder if T Boone will buy them all orange t-shirts, too.

But hey, they've beaten us 16 out of the last 101!!
    The human torch was denied a bank loan.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Ensuing Kickoff
    I wonder if T Boone will buy them all orange t-shirts, too.

But hey, they've beaten us 16 out of the last 101!!
    oh they've already printed up Booger Bowl t-shirts.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner_Havok
    Let's see, OU students have to pony up the $135 for each ticket, at least two hotels in a pretty expensive area, and for at least $200 for gas. So ya, I am making some sacrifices to make it. Pukes have to shell out $35 for a ticket, one hotel in a fairly cheap area, and $100 for gas. See the difference? But hey, we don't need charity to buy OUr tickets for a game more than 1,000 miles away. Whatever I guess, we don't **** sheep either.
    Don't forget, it's also the height of tourist season in Phoenix, when the price of everything triples.

Do they have a height of tourist season in Shreveport?

Heck, do they have a tourist season at all in Shreveport?
    "The word 'felony' doesn't scare me." - Eddie Sutton, The Sunday Oklahoman, May 9, 2004.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MikeInNorman
    Don't forget, it's also the height of tourist season in Phoenix, when the price of everything triples.

Do they have a height of tourist season in Shreveport?

Heck, do they have a tourist season at all in Shreveport?
    Yeah, try to go to the game in AZ and actually do anything while you are there. It's really expensive this time of year.

So once again it would seem as though aggy wants to compare things that you really can not compare. They must have seen that TV report about OU fans struggling as a moral victory for them.

This is by choice you idiot. When I was at OU we made every sacrifice possible to make it to Miami in 2000 for the NC game. Take a minute and reflect on that.....thats right........let it sink in. NC. Your students would sell off their family's double wides so that they could even DREAM of the chance. So don't start thinking for a second that OU students have to do this. It is out of choice. And if they choose to struggle so that they can go support their team, then god bless them for having that kind of school spirit. You guys on the other hand can't even roll out of you hay beds to go to a freaking home game against your in state rivals.... Pathetic.

Of course I can't imagine that you cum dumpsters will ever understand what that feels like because, well......you won't ever be playing for an NC. Not with Gumby at wheel.

vCash

Fiesta Bowl sells out Monday
    By Staff Reports
    12/12/2006

The University of Oklahoma officially sold out its allotment of 17,500 tickets for the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl as of Monday.
    yawnnnnnnnnnn. still want to make comparisons?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 I_SMELL_FEAR's Avatar
    standing with one foot in the grave and one foot on a banana peel
    vCash

They were just confused because their tickets said west side and no one wanted endzone tickets.