Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    vCash

Re: OSU giving away bowl tickets

Quote Originally Posted by poke4christ
    I think the bowl game showed that it was more than just giving away tickets away. We had at least 20K and it could have been as many as 25k. So make fun all you want about us giving away 1500 tickets.

Thank you for permission!!!

Damn, I wish OU could be as cool as lOSUr. Sure would be nice to play in a crap ball bowl game sometime and brag about our turn out. Oh well, I guess for the mean time we will keep playing for BIG XII titles and BCS bowl games. We can dream though.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUAndy1807's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by DenverSooner751
    Thank you for permission!!!

Damn, I wish OU could be as cool as lOSUr. Sure would be nice to play in a crap ball bowl game sometime and brag about our turn out. Oh well, I guess for the mean time we will keep playing for BIG XII titles and BCS bowl games. We can dream though.
    how quickly we forget. we were playing in that same crappy bowl 6 years ago.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUAndy1807
    how quickly we forget. we were playing in that same crappy bowl 6 years ago.
    True. But it was not our dream to be there. We were content with it, however lOSUr will remember this season forever as the best year ever.

True. But it was not our dream to be there. We were content with it, however lOSUr will remember this season forever as the best year ever.
    Keep telling yourself that. Now wipe up that wet spot you left in your jean shorts.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by orangekaje
    Keep telling yourself that. Now wipe up that wet spot you left in your jean shorts.
    Aggie is as aggie does.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Ron
    Aggie is as aggie does.

Yup..Glad I'm not an aggie.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Yup..Glad I'm not an aggie.
    Aggie or not, just sayin' ...if the shoe fits.

Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 PrideTrombone's Avatar
    vCash

Nah, that was the year they got to the Cotton Bowl and lost to Eli Manning.
    "Great advice, kid. Way to step up to the plate and knock it out of the park for Team Fail." - bri

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by I_SMELL_FEAR
    I think a majority of the people here dont demean osu to make themselves feel better. I think a majority of the people here just get tired of poke fans coming around every few years they think they have a good team, and try to compare osu to OU. Not to be rude, or flame or try to start anything, but it is very very very likely that you guys will never win a football championship, and you will NEVER have the tradition OU has, nor the fanbase. So come over to our boards an have converstaions about football...whatever, but if you start pumping osu sunshine, you should expect to take a lot of heat.

Some time you should step back, take off your orange colored glasses and just listen to what your fellow fans say, and some of the stunts your university pulls, and maybe you will see why we laugh at you guys.

Now I fully understand that we say things, the university does things that you guys laugh at...every university in the country pretty much does the same thing at some point in time and I for one can look at some things OU has done and think to myself "gosh, that looks bad, wish that had not happened"

...the difference is we dont come to you guys and pump our sunshine, make excuses and expect you to jump on board, and accept what we believe without being rude and unkind...we have championships, sold out stadiums, BCS bowls and probably 2/3 of the states population as a fanbase to do our talking.

thats my opinion anyway

I kinda started on different rants....hope that makes sense.
    I think the reason a majority of the people here demean OSU is because as of late, it is not the old Bob Simmons 3-8 hopeless bunch of losers taking the rust covered stadium. OSU is actually starting to be *gasp* competitive in football and it bothers Oklahoma fans.

They need to find something to laugh at now since rustoleum is gone and OSU actually is going to bowl games, although be it lower tier games.

So you get your hair gel comments, your sheephumping comments, and those who laugh because boosters actually give money (how dare they).

Don't forget, you guys START threads like this on your own board for some kind of entertainment purpose, but then claim that OSU is nothing to you and you don't consider them a rival.

As far as winning a championship goes, OSU has had at least some history of conference championships in most peoples lifetimes that are still around today. That is much more than some of the other programs in the conference can say. Let's not forget that the eventual Big XII champion has had to fight their way out of Stillwater or actually lost to OSU the last few years. In 2002, OSU was a field goal away from winning the south, and was only 3 or 4 plays away from a 10 win season this year. I know that there is a great talent level disparity to get to that point, but OSU is getting closer.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ash's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OSUSam
    blah blah blah... was only 3 or 4 plays away from a 10 win season this year.
    Yes, and Mack Brown was only 4 or 5 plays from beating tOSU, he just ran out of time.

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Good teams find a way to win, not a way to spin.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

how many teams did aggylite beat this year that ended up with a winning record?

Lakeland, Fl - Where hurricanes cross paths.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ash

that must give your cousins some comfort in their lives.

An Education is what you get when you Read the Instructions,
    Experience is what you get if you don't...

Yacht Rocker

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OSUSam
    as of late, it is not the old Bob Simmons 3-8 hopeless bunch of losers
    Really? What was osu's record last year? I realize this year they had a ...hold on....winning season (by one game).

Don't forget, you guys START threads like this on your own board for some kind of entertainment purpose, but then claim that OSU is nothing to you and you don't consider them a rival.
    We also start threads demeaning Baylor, KSU, Tech, etc, etc, etc when they do something bizzarre. They aren't our rivals either.

As far as winning a championship goes, OSU has had at least some history of conference championships in most peoples lifetimes that are still around today.
    What? I don't remember osu ever winning a conference title. Was I alive? When was it?

That is much more than some of the other programs in the conference can say.
    No, not much more really. I don't want to look it up but how many of the other teams in the Big 12 have won any sort of conference title in the last 35 years?

Let's not forget that the eventual Big XII champion has had to fight their way out of Stillwater or actually lost to OSU the last few years. In 2002, OSU was a field goal away from winning the south, and was only 3 or 4 plays away from a 10 win season this year. I know that there is a great talent level disparity to get to that point, but OSU is getting closer.
    This is the kind of stuff that aggravates OU fans. Had to fight thier way out of stillwater? 3 or 4 plays away? Getting closer? We have to hear this garbage every single year since OU hired Blake. Every year. And yet again, osu has nothing to show for it. The best they could come up with was a Cotton Bowl loss. That's the best season in recent memory. Well sorry I am not jumping up and taking notice of that juggernaut.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ash's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUinFLA
    that must give your cousins some comfort in their lives.

Sure but what do you give her/him for Christmas?

Like against Oregon?

There was a bad call made on the field. You couldn't keep them from scoring a touchdown. You couldn't score a FG to win the game.

<Insert OU fan death threats>

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

[QUOTE=OSUSam]Don't forget, you guys START threads like this on your own board for some kind of entertainment purpose, but then claim that OSU is nothing to you and you don't consider them a rival.QUOTE]

You're right. The only thing more pathetic than someone starting a thread like this is some orange F@G trolling for a thread like this.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Crucifax Autumn's Avatar
    vCash

That's ok, I banged his mom last night. I'm not real big on teeth, so she was hot to me!

When the Shooting Starts, We Kill What Moves
    Roland Deschain of Gilead
    ________

- Olevet Posse Gunslinger -

Yes, and Mack Brown was only 4 or 5 plays from beating tOSU, he just ran out of time.

Got to agree. However, I do feel that next year is looking very good for OSU. Lots of positives. 10 wins isn't unthinkable. However, my guess would me more like 8-9.

Zach

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OKLA21FAN's Avatar
    vCash

Like against Oregon?

There was a bad call made on the field. You couldn't keep them from scoring a touchdown. You couldn't score a FG to win the game.

<Insert OU fan death threats>

i think you just showed the difference in the two programs

while this has been a nice season for OU which has over come much adversity, most OU fans understand that this team was not a contender for the a 'great year' (by OU standards)

however, by okie lite standards, it rivals thier '45, '84 and '88 season. i guess it just depends on how high one sets the bar.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

fags