will simpson pull it off?

dook: 53
    indy" 51
    1:24 to go in game!

ESPN!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 PrideTrombone's Avatar
    vCash

Re: calvin vs doook

Typical Kelvin-coached inbounds play... turnover.
    "Great advice, kid. Way to step up to the plate and knock it out of the park for Team Fail." - bri

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

whoops!
    30 seconds left, still 2 point game. froshie dookie missed ft.

vCash

what an ugly loss.

what an ugly win.

you're both losers. now go rot in the nit.

That was some ugly basketball. The IU players seem to have the system down already.

vCash

that's good! usually coaching transitions take some getting used to.

oh well. boring basketball to match boring, outdated facilities. zzzzz. now let's all wear red bowling shirts with striped pants and wave to the nursing home crowd.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OKC-SLC's Avatar
    vCash

Calvin's boys went into a nice drought in the latter portion of the second half after surging up to make it close.

i had a flashback or 30.

This is off-topic, but I can't post new threads yet, so I thought I'd put it here.

No one has mentioned TU taking ORU to the woodshed last night. Kind of makes ORU's win in Lawrence even more puzzling. I like Wojik down in Tulsa and they had a frosh (Uzoh) lead them to victory last night. TU should be 8-1 when they play us, by the way.

Also, for those interested, TCU plays at home tonight against Texas Tech. Interested to see what kind of team is headed to Norman Saturday afternoon.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

^^true that. That was a WTF score.
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

Sooner Benchwarmer mrjeffmaxwell's Avatar
    vCash

Great game, yo.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CtheB's Avatar
    vCash

"It's an easy game, you make your shots, you look good. You miss them, you don't look so good."

"Our guys are just now learning that you don't have to score points to win games."

I wonder if "Naismith" has tried that crap on the IU basketball faithful yet. Probably not, still a honeymoon period. Little does he know that honeymoon's probably gonna end sooner than PSA and Kid Rock's.

Does anyone remember when Billy took one of his weaker clubs to Duke and forced them into overtime? His kids were really dumb, majoring in 'eligibility' as one sportswriter said. Despite our bias about Kelvin, I thought his kids were competitive in a difficult atmosphere.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AllAboutThe'O''s Avatar
    There she is, and I hope she's living where I is.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUSKINS
    This is off-topic, but I can't post new threads yet, so I thought I'd put it here.

No one has mentioned TU taking ORU to the woodshed last night. Kind of makes ORU's win in Lawrence even more puzzling. I like Wojik down in Tulsa and they had a frosh (Uzoh) lead them to victory last night. TU should be 8-1 when they play us, by the way.

Also, for those interested, TCU plays at home tonight against Texas Tech. Interested to see what kind of team is headed to Norman Saturday afternoon.
    TCU got beat by 10 points against Tech. I don't think the Sooners should have any trouble handling the Horned Frogs. Of course, I said the same thing before the 2005 football season opener.

vCash

calvin just needs more time...and more recruits...and more facilities...and more phone calls...

WHY did they hire him, again?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger
    calvin just needs more time...and more recruits...and more facilities...and more phone calls...

WHY did they hire him, again?
    cause Mike Davis is a bad coach.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ash's Avatar
    vCash

Obviously, only one or two posters here has a clue about college bball.

Going into Cameron, even if Duke is in a "down" year (which means top 15 instead of top 5 talent), and winning is VERY tough to say the least.

Whether you like Sampson or not, his club did a pretty impressive job of giving themselves a chance to win against a very good team in an extremely tough place to play. "Moral victories" are for losers but I was impressed that the game was as close as it was. Ugly, fugly, whatever, if you have a chance to win at the end of the game in Cameron you've done something right.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Damn my eyes.I thought this thread said Calvin is a dork.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

Wow our hatred of Kelvin has reached a new low....he almost beats a Top 10 team on the road and...he is still a ****ty coach!!!! If anybody on here thinks OU can stay within 20 points of Duke at Cameron...they are smoking the wacky weed. I guess if Sampson wins a National Title At Indiana...you guys will be saying "Yeah but it was a down year!!!" You guys talk about Sampson like longwhorn fans talk about Tommie Harris.

vCash

Gandalf, Sampson left OU and when he left, he caused our great recruiting class to leave, also. A big "I love you, Keith Clark" goes to the true Sooner for staying, but how can you support a guy who disobeys the NCAA rules, then leaves OU out to dry? President Boren had to put on his "Senator Boren" hat and appeal to the NCAA personally to make sure that Kelvin's krap didn't backfire on us as "lack of institutional control!"

And for that, Kelvin can go to basketball hades. Nothing against a guy that supports Relay for Life and Coaches vs. Cancer here, but everything against a coach that takes the last lifeboat on a burning ship... or should I say, a burning schooner.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ash's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger
    Gandalf, Sampson left OU and when he left, he caused our great recruiting class to leave, also. A big "I love you, Keith Clark" goes to the true Sooner for staying, but how can you support a guy who disobeys the NCAA rules, then leaves OU out to dry? President Boren had to put on his "Senator Boren" hat and appeal to the NCAA personally to make sure that Kelvin's krap didn't backfire on us as "lack of institutional control!"

And for that, Kelvin can go to basketball hades. Nothing against a guy that supports Relay for Life and Coaches vs. Cancer here, but everything against a coach that takes the last lifeboat on a burning ship... or should I say, a burning schooner.
    That's all fine and good, but dogging him for nearly pulling out a win against Duke on their home court is just silly.