Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 boomrsoonr's Avatar
    vCash

Should AD play in the Bowl?

Now don't go hatin' on me. Listen to me first. AD is a great running back. I've loved watching him play and will miss him next year. But if he's declared healthy enough to play, should he play in the bowl game rather than Patrick and Brown who (as far as I'm concerned) got us to where we are.

We all know he's NFL bound after this season. What kind of loyalty do we show Patrick and Brown if we pull them for a all AD show after all they've done to get us there?
    Danny

Written by a shortHorn: "OU is the only game where we’re humbled and placed on equal psychological footing with our opponent because we need this every bit as badly as they do. Any Texas fan who states otherwise is a ****ing liar or a contrarian to the point of masturbating idiocy."

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: Should AD play in the Bowl?

yes.

Sooner Benchwarmer BoomerSooner247's Avatar
    vCash

i think Bob will play him for a couple plays and see how he does then depending upon how he does, it'll decide whether he stays in or not. just like he did to AP vs osu, let him make some runs, take him out see how he felt then so on... even if we do play AD i think Bob will use more variety of our RBs then he did previously in BC (Before Collarbone) .

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

Play them all...AD, Patrick and Brown.....

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

This might be one of the most ungrateful threads that I have ever seen. What about what Adrian has done? What about the help that AD has given Allen and Chris? What about the sight of Adrian limping onto the field countless times last year. He has done nothing more than prove himself to be a team player. Way to say thanks to a player that put his body/career on the line for this program.

wow
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

AD didn't contribute to getting us to where we are??
    Aries

vCash

AD has been awesome playing and even his supporting the team from the sidelines...He is a great Sooner...

Honestly....

We are in a Groove that does not need disturbing.
    Thanks for all you have done Ad, but think the RB's have it. Go get healthy and make some NFL money, you deserve it.

Shoot...we are undefeated without AD in the last 2 years.
    [B]What Do you call a pirate with an empty trophy case???B]
    .....a Red Raider

vCash

AD would play for me anytime he was able...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_IKE
    Honestly....

We are in a Groove that does not need disturbing.
    Thanks for all you have done Ad, but think the RB's have it. Go get healthy and make some NFL money, you deserve it.

Shoot...we are undefeated without AD in the last 2 years.
    Uhhhh......what?

vCash

I think AD wants to play... oh, and as for what AD has done for us, don't you think he deserves the OU rushing record after all he's done for us?

money comes and goes, but look at how long those records have stood!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Aries
    AD didn't contribute to getting us to where we are??
    Didn't you hear? It's his fault we had 6 losses over the last two years.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

vCash

Now c'mon. I'm not hating on AD at all. I recognize his contributions to this program and they've been many and great. And I'm in no way ungrateful for his contributions.

But why risk having him get hurt again when his NFL future is at stake. And why not use the tandem of running backs that have gotten us to this point.

I agree, if healthy, Bob would be doing the right thing if he uses all three. But to put AD in and use him exclusively (like he did the last few games AD played in) would be wrong. And that was the point in my post. An all AD show.

But that's just my opinion.
    Danny

Written by a shortHorn: "OU is the only game where we’re humbled and placed on equal psychological footing with our opponent because we need this every bit as badly as they do. Any Texas fan who states otherwise is a ****ing liar or a contrarian to the point of masturbating idiocy."

vCash

Maybe he should have never set foot on the field in Oregon. He COULD have gotten hurt and hurt his pro career. A collarbone is not a debilitating injury. This staff is not going to send someone out there with a bone not mended.
    You could be right, of course, let's not give AD the benefit of an OLine that is finally run blocking and hold him out.
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

I hate this place.

Except for you Ron.

And that's only 'cause I have plenty of DDC left.

Otherwise, I'd hate you too.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron
    Maybe he should have never set foot on the field in Oregon. He COULD have gotten hurt and hurt his pro career. A collarbone is not a debilitating injury. This staff is not going to send someone out there with a bone not mended.
    You could be right, of course, let's not give AD the benefit of an OLine that is finally run blocking and hold him out.

Fine, you want to play that card, let's play it. What about Patrick and Brown? When AD went down, it would have been very easy for them to not play the way they did. They manned up and played with all the heart and talent that they have. And they've done as well as AD has in the few games they've gotten to play in. Is it right to keep them off the field in a BCS Bowl Game on national tv just so we can play our two year ago Heisman runner-up?
    Danny

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OKLA21FAN's Avatar
    vCash

if the medical staff clears him to play..
    fine.....give him some carries early in the game, then let the coaches decide if he is more or less effected then the others.

(i want the rushing record as much as anybody else. but this kid has given his all to this university...if it is his time to 'go', let him. he has earned those big NFL bucks)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boomrsoonr
    Fine, you want to play that card, let's play it. What about Patrick and Brown? When AD went down, it would have been very easy for them to not play the way they did. They manned up and played with all the heart and talent that they have. And they've done as well as AD has in the few games they've gotten to play in. Is it right to keep them off the field in a BCS Bowl Game on national tv just so we can play our two year ago Heisman runner-up?
    Coming into this season they knew their role was that of back up. I'm sure that if AD was ready, they'd be fine with him getting the lion's share. That's what happens at a big program. It's not a feel good story, it's about the best players being on the field. That's the problem, us fans have more emotions about this than they probably do. "Two year ago heisman runner up" is classless and weak sauce. I guess the 140+ 4th Q yards in the oregon game shouldn't count. The td in the texas game, the 180 yds on his way to a painful injury doesn't count for anything? Wow, short memory span.
    Soonerinabilene

vCash

players get scholarships to play football. If he can play football, let him play! Injuries are part of the game, but AD is tough and will be back, just like last season and this season.

If AD is released to play - LET HIM PLAY - AD is an allstar!!! When AP is running his plays and getting long yardage (against a d-line that is not stacked up to stop him) - just think "what if AD was running that same play" - DONTCHA think AD may take alot of those runs to the house!!! When AP & Brown are getting stopped after 5 & 10 yrds a run -- WHAT do you think AD would be doing if he were playing - falling down behind the line of scrimmage!! WTF!!! IF AD IS READY HE WILL LEAD THE SOONERS TO VICTORY!!!