Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 batonrougesooner's Avatar
    vCash

Anyone know of any sports bars in Cancun?

I'm gonna be down there this weekend during the B12 Champ game. I've googled a couple, but does anyone have any specific places to recommend? I doubt I'll just be able to turn on ABC in my hotel room.
    "I am batonrougesooner and I approved this message"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 HoserSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Anyone know of any sports bars in Cancun?

Quote Originally Posted by batonrougesooner
    I'm gonna be down there this weekend during the B12 Champ game. I've googled a couple, but does anyone have any specific places to recommend? I doubt I'll just be able to turn on ABC in my hotel room.
    Most resorts that I've been to in the carribean have the "Big 4" networks offered in the hotel rooms.

Don't imagine you'll have a problem finding the game on the tube.

vCash

I haven't been there since 1986. I imagine it's changed a little since then.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Had the same issue when I was down there this summer and wanted to watch the World Cup (you'd think I could watch that in Mexico - but not so easily).

Do NOT - I repeat, NOT - assume that the hotel will reliably provide the game on time. The hotels regularly usurp things that they think people will not be watching with things they think people want - not sure how they do this. You could wake up and find that ABC is completely gone for a period of hours, and has been replaced with Mexican soap operas from a local feed. Also, your hotel concierge will be of very little assistance, in my experience, in telling you where you can go to get US TV.

I had my best luck at - of all places - Hooters. They reliably download their DISH satellite signals from USA feeds, and get the San Diego local channels. If you are at all concerned about your hotel TV screwing you, have Hooters as your backup plan.

Croak.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BeetDigger's Avatar
    vCash

I'm always on board for hooters.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy.