Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Why do Jews vote so heavily in favor of Democrats?

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...325529,00.html

87%? That's amazing. It must be that the Israel issue just isn't that big of a deal to them because, frankly, conservatives are WAY more supportive of Israel than liberals. Take a look at any leftist-organized march in you'll find the most anti-semitic posters and slogans since WWII. The left (particularly the far-left) is almost totally aligned with the Palestinians.

Re: Why do Jews vote so heavily in favor of Democrats?

because they're a minority?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash

Because, on average, they are way more educated than the average American?

We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

Borats answer on this issue would be genius.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

In my country, there is problem...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

It really doesn't make much sense for a number of reasons.

vCash

Maybe there is a mistrust of evangelicals?
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

Anti-semitic, you gotta be sh*ttin' me. I realize this election has sent the little green footballers and freepers into a tizzy, but claims of anti-semitism and victories for AQ are about some of the most ignorant bovine scatology I've ever heard.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet
    Anti-semitic, you gotta be sh*ttin' me. I realize this election has sent the little green footballers and freepers into a tizzy, but claims of anti-semitism and victories for AQ are about some of the most ignorant bovine scatology I've ever heard.

What's a freeper?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

Their biggest sport is making fun of christians.

Jesus Christ, we are insensitive if we try to deprive them of that.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Most of the Jews I've known partition their Jewish identity away from their secular identity pretty emphatically. They don't go to the polls as a Jew; they go to the polls as a New Yorker, an Ohioan, etc.

But that's just my experience.

But, even if they wanted to go to the polls as a Jew, the choice is between the Democrats who are largely secular (yeah, they have an anti-semetic element), and the Republicans who are largely Christian (who, if you've paid any attention at all, have an anti-semetic element also. It used to be a very large one. And the Jewish people in general have a very, very long memory.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KaiserSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Widescreen
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...325529,00.html

87%? That's amazing. It must be that the Israel issue just isn't that big of a deal to them because, frankly, conservatives are WAY more supportive of Israel than liberals.
    Historically, that hasn't been the case. The conservative support of Israel is a relatively recent thing, and it's largely through the growing influence of Christian fundamentalism and the neo-conservatives (whose roots are liberal and Democratic) within the GOP.

If you go back to the founding yrs of Israel in the late 1940s, the liberals were very much the proactive ones in foreign policy in terms of spreading democracy, self determination, etc., whereas the conservatives of that time were quite isolationist.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 n8v_ndn's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag
    What's a freeper?
    Freeper

Someone who believes:
    1) that GWBush is infallible, and every action he has done has made the United States better, stronger, and more fair;
    2) that racism in America has been defeated, and everything would be all right if 'those damn darkies would just get off their lazy asses, quit welfare, and get a job for a change';
    3) that peace can be obtained only by saturation-bombing all the civilian population centers around the world, especially in the Middle East;
    4) that Dubya is actually a competent and intelligent leader, and even won all 3 debates;
    5) that God wanted the United states to be a Christian nation, and that Bush is the second coming of Christ, and that true Christians act towards the destruction of civilization, since Christ in Bush is here and the Rapture must be brought about;
    6) and finally, that all of this is logical and well-reasoned.

So... www.freeperfans.com = www.soonerfans.com ??

"Texas is no closer to being a strong, physical team than it was before Mack’s proclamation he wanted to out-SEC his Big 12 opponents. OU owned both lines of scrimmage and, well, everything else. Texas remains a finesse team."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserSooner
    Historically, that hasn't been the case. The conservative support of Israel is a relatively recent thing, and it's largely through the growing influence of Christian fundamentalism and the neo-conservatives (whose roots are liberal and Democratic) within the GOP.

If you go back to the founding yrs of Israel in the late 1940s, the liberals were very much the proactive ones in foreign policy in terms of spreading democracy, self determination, etc., whereas the conservatives of that time were quite isolationist.

that's right.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserSooner

Thank you for a well-reasoned response. Unlike post #8 which may as well have been posted in a completely different thread.

Because the Republicans are always saying "This country was founded upon the principals of Christianity", and they aren't Christians.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Widescreen
    Thank you for a well-reasoned response. Unlike post #8 which may as well have been posted in a completely different thread.
    Tossing out hyperbole and charges of anti-semitism is a bit off base. Just take a look at what happened to John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt after they published essay "The Israel Lobby". Two well respected realists who are as far from the left as you can be and they were hammered with the same baseless accusations. It is sickening, anyone who comes down on Israel for its poor record on human rights, spying on the US, and its disregard for the NPT are charged with anti-semitism and its old hat.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet
    Anti-semitic, you gotta be sh*ttin' me]. I realize this election has sent the little green footballers and freepers into a tizzy, but claims of anti-semitism and victories for AQ are about some of the most ignorant bovine scatology I've ever heard.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81156

We'll wait.

Guns & God clinger-to'er.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jerk's Avatar
    vCash

I dunno. I always kind of figured them hawt gun-toting Israel chicks were good Republicans!

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Fred Bastiat

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Octavian's Avatar
    vCash

b/c 'pubs could never keep kosher