Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

To all those former coaches analyzing games now

Whenever I hear a Bob Davie or Lee Corso or any other one of those former coaches criticizing Stoops for his calls, I want to say to them "Thats the reason why he is making 7 large to still coach and your getting paid 5.75 an hour to call a 3 hour game. Because you didnt do what it took to win." Kudos to Herbstreit for calling out Davie at the end of the game for his criticism of Stoops earlier in the game...Dont worry Bob, Franchione will be joining you on No Nuts Avenue before long...

vCash

Re: To all those former coaches analyzing games now

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Paperclip's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp
    Dont worry Bob, Franchione will be joining you on No Nuts Avenue before long...
    We're gonna rock down to...

vCash

No Nuts Avenue...right after you get fired....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

Whenever I hear a Bob Davie or Lee Corso or any other one of those former coaches criticizing Stoops for his calls, I want to say to them "Thats the reason why he is making 7 large to still coach and your getting paid 5.75 an hour to call a 3 hour game. Because you didnt do what it took to win." Kudos to Herbstreit for calling out Davie at the end of the game for his criticism of Stoops earlier in the game...Dont worry Bob, Franchione will be joining you on No Nuts Avenue before long...
    Kudos to you, Pimp...couldn't agree more! I got so sick of Davie being Coach Einstein. These guys were failures at their careers and that's why they had to go another route. Bob Stoops will be a coach as long as he wants to.
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

What'd Herbie say? I was in a sports bar with frigging Georgia Tech blaring in my ears so I couldn't hear any commentary.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Dang, I missed Herbie calling out Davie.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Tulsa_Fireman's Avatar
    vCash

I couldn't have said it better.

Can that be extended to the fAggies and others who come around here talkin' coachsmack, look like complete clowns in regards to the game, and always, like death and taxes, back it up with the typical "I played some college ball and did some coaching"?

That'd be nice.

vCash

After we get the first down at the end of the game and Davie is on Stoops jock, Herbie said to Davie you ripped him in the 1st half when he kicked that onside kick...Davie says No I didnt...Herbie then says that the reason Stoops makes those kinds of calls is because he coaches to win....Davie goes silent

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Davie is another one of those coaches that was a good coordinator (with great talent) but was in over his head as a head coach. I will never understand why they use him as a broadcaster, he is worse at that than at head coaching.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

After we get the first down at the end of the game and Davie is on Stoops jock, Herbie said to Davie you ripped him in the 1st half when he kicked that onside kick...Davie says No I didnt...Herbie then says that the reason Stoops makes those kinds of calls is because he coaches to win....Davie goes silent
    that was great. That needs to be put on youtube or google.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Herbie is a good dude. I enjoy listening to him, and he's a down to earth guy. A friend of mine met him in Norman once when Gameday was there and said he was really cool, and enjoyed hanging out with the OU fans.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok
    Davie is another one of those coaches that was a good coordinator (with great talent) but was in over his head as a head coach. I will never understand why they use him as a broadcaster, he is worse at that than at head coaching.
    He's probly an OK guy in "real life" but he's pretty much a full-of-it blowhard on the air. What kind of stupid accent does he have, anyway? Like he's trying to sound like a real tough guy? It's the same accent as another tubesteak with a Notre Dame connexion - Paul Hornung
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooner94
    Herbie is a good dude. I enjoy listening to him, and he's a down to earth guy. A friend of mine met him in Norman once when Gameday was there and said he was really cool, and enjoyed hanging out with the OU fans.
    couldn't agree more.....Herbie is about as fair as they come and he's a good commentator... I loved him sticking up for Stoops' calls...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Dont worry Bob, Franchione will be joining you on No Nuts Avenue before long...
    You mean the guy who started the game off with a successful onside kick last time 'Bama came to town? Say whatever you want about Fran but he does take risks.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

What are you people talking about? There are no media people that support us - everyone wants us to fall into the abyss and works 24/7 to make that happen.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Oh, and Herbie was pretty much on Stoops' jock the other night.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

Whenever I hear someone criticizing the broadcasters of OU football games, I want to say to them "That's the reason they're making several grand travelling across the country to see some of the best college football games in person while talking into a mic, while you're sitting at home eating leftover chicken noodle soup with a soda on the side."

Davie does need to work on his delivery fo sho. Can...you...put...some...more...pregnant...pauses. ..between...your...words...please...Bob?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CtheB's Avatar
    vCash

Corso, resident college football media prick, had one or two good seasons in his illustrious coaching career. Got ran out of Indiana. Seems to me that an "expert" in college football would have managed to stay in one place long enough to buy a house. Corso rented until he retired.

vCash

You know...

Herbie hasn't really been pro-OU for awhile.

Since you send two of your starters packing before season starts and you lose your Heisman Hopeful to a freak accident , all the while your starting a 5th year Senior at QB who had very little action as QB prior to this year...

I think Davies is a moron and Herbie is just saving face.

As much as I don't care for Corso...

He picked the game right on the money.

And...

Bob Stoops is da MAN!