Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Drunky Town Limnologist Fraggle145's Avatar
    vCash

I want Boise St to Lose...

In my mind I think Boise needs to lose for us to get in given that we win out... However see this story from ESPN's Brad Edwards... Does this mean that they would take the ACC champs spot? That would be good for us too. Keep your eyes on the prize!

• Boise State held steady at No. 14 in the standings despite moving up one more spot in each poll. The Broncos offset that movement by dropping slightly in the computer ratings, thanks mostly to playing a 1-6 Fresno State team last week. But BSU's chances of playing in a major bowl game if undefeated are still very good.

A quick look at the BCS standings shows that several teams not too far in front of the Broncos are guaranteed to lose. Tennessee plays Arkansas, Rutgers plays West Virginia, and USC plays both Cal and Notre Dame. The other thing that will benefit Boise State is its remaining schedule. If it can survive road games against San Jose State (6-2) and Nevada (6-3), Boise State will finish a few spots higher than it currently finds itself in the computer ratings, and that would be a big help.

Even if Boise State never makes it into the top 12, it still has a decent chance to automatically earn a BCS berth. A clause states that the highest-ranked champion of the non-major conferences gets into the Bowl Championship Series if it is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS standings and is higher-ranked than the champion of an automatic-qualifying conference. Right now, the highest-ranked team from the ACC is Georgia Tech, which is four places behind the Broncos.

Brad Edwards is a college football researcher at ESPN. His Road to the BCS appears weekly during the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    your puny brain can't understand the awesomeness of God
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

vCash

Re: I want Boise St to Lose...

I want them to lose because they would likely play Texas in the Fiesta and Boise State just is not very good. You can't struggle to defeat Wyoming, New Mexico State and Idaho and get into the BCS. Especially not when your marquee win is over a 6-3 Oregon State team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by AustinTXHorn
    I want them to lose because they would likely play Texas in the Fiesta and Boise State just is not very good. You can't struggle to defeat Wyoming, New Mexico State and Idaho and get into the BCS. Especially not when your marquee win is over a 6-3 Oregon State team.
    I want you to lose twice...
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

vCash

Fraggle -

The ACC champ would also still get in, if Boise gets in due to the "top 16 and four spots higher" rule. Basically, instead of an "at-large," Boise would become an "automatic."

Sooner Benchwarmer southern sooner's Avatar
    vCash

looks of their schedule I doubt they willl ose, however, it would be nice to see them lose one...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

All the more reason to include a strength of schedule component in calculating the BCS.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner
    All the more reason to include a strength of schedule component in calculating the BCS.
    I thought that was taken care of by the human voters...
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SteelClip49's Avatar
    vCash

Boise State isn't that good??? Boise State has been a mid major power for how long?? Dan Hawkins started it and it still is continuing. Boise State defeated Oregon State earlier this season 42-14. Oregon State beat USC. It sure looks good for Boise State and they do deserve a BCS spot if they win out. Hell, Utah received one in 2004 and took advantage of it by winning 35-7 over Pitt. Oklahoma just has to take care of business and win out and hope for some miracle for Texas to lose out for Oklahoma to play Nebraska for the Big 12 Title.

At this point, I see Oklahoma playing Less Smiles U. in the Cotton Bowl or USC/California in the Holiday Bowl.
    Land Thieves Legend

vCash

I just want Texas to lose one more. Then I will be able to sleep through the night.

vCash

I think the biggest chance of Boise losing will be their last game of the year against Nevada.

vCash

Both of those games San Jose St, and Nevada are away games for them, and btw the best team they have beaten this year is Hawaii, the beavers are just blind squirrels, even they find nuts in the woods every now and again.
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FmrEmpOUathdept
    Boise State isn't that good??? Boise State has been a mid major power for how long?? Dan Hawkins started it and it still is continuing. Boise State defeated Oregon State earlier this season 42-14. Oregon State beat USC. It sure looks good for Boise State and they do deserve a BCS spot if they win out. Hell, Utah received one in 2004 and took advantage of it by winning 35-7 over Pitt. Oklahoma just has to take care of business and win out and hope for some miracle for Texas to lose out for Oklahoma to play Nebraska for the Big 12 Title.

At this point, I see Oklahoma playing Less Smiles U. in the Cotton Bowl or USC/California in the Holiday Bowl.
    that Pitt team was arguably the worst BCS team ever. Utah was a good team that year, but i don't see that win as conclusive proof to generalize that Boise is *all that*. and Dirk Koetter had enough success at BSU to get offered both the Oklahoma State and Arizona State jobs. So, Hawkins didn't exactly "start it".....though he obviously had considerable success in the WAC.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Boise State is a joke just like their blue field.

vCash

Nevada was co-conference champions last year, and their coach is a hall of famer that came back to coach again. They could definitely pull the upset.
    "Why are we here Indy?"
    "Fortune and glory kid, fortune and glory."

vCash

I said it in another post. If BSU and either Louisville or Rutgers win out they should play each other in a play-in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill
    You go Boy trying to follow your logic here Is like chasin a chicken .

vCash

Boise sure is a nice place to go fly fishing and the people are pretty nice as well. I was visiting a client last week and the place was extremely hyped about the Fresno St. game and it was nice to see them rallying behind their team... so as long as it doesn't hinder the Sooners' chances, I'm all for 'em.

vCash

I still want Boise St. to lose...
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

Sooner Benchwarmer AimForCenterMass's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FmrEmpOUathdept

I've lived in Idaho for four years now, and take it from me, Oregon State is Boise's biggest game of the year. BSU considers Oregon State to be their biggest rival and they have the OSU game circled at the start of each season. Its easy to plan for only one game a year when you play in the WAC. Boise State is an average team that can beat a mediocre BCS team on their home turf. However, Boise falters when they play any signifigant team on the road. In addition, thinking Boise State is good because they beat Oregon State, who beat USC, who beat so and so, etc. is a fallacy of false cause. In 2004, OU drilled Tech, who thumped Cal, who took USC to the wire, which led a lot to believe Oklahoma would win easily...and we know what happened. Teams match up differently with other teams and most progress throughout the season. There are a lot of intangibles in football; too many to just predict a game based upon who beat who, when.

I hate Boise State with a passion. You would too if you had to live in Idaho. The BSU fans think Boise is the football capitol of the world. I lost all respect for the program when I went to my first game (the tickets were free for military) and I watched Boise run up the score by throwing into the endzone with seconds left in the fourth quarter, even though they were up by about 50. They don't play with class and thump their chest after beating Northwester Community College for the Blind and Permanently Disabled, then demand to be invited to a BCS game.

Visit www.bsufootball.com and go to the message boards. I was banned for defending Oklahoma after the BSU fans starting ripping on Oklahoma's program. First of all, they think Boise is better because they have a better record. I'm not even getting into this because its beating a dead horse. What got me banned was when people started making comments about car dealerships and guys packing heat in the dorms. I simply explained to them that Bomar was kicked off the team for his actions and the problem with guns, etc. were over 20 years ago. So, in response I made mention of the fact Boise is playing Cam Hall, who was charged with Manslaughter x3 and hit and run...and that's why I'm banned.

If Boise State plays in a BCS game, you'll hear plenty of this...

"Overrated...Clap-Clap...Clap-Clap-Clap...Overrated..."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner
    Right, because that's not in computers rankings or anything.

vCash

Nevada will beat them next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.