Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bark Collars

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LilSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Bark Collars

So I'm looking for bark collars for my three dogs. They will not shut up! I think a large part of it has to do with my step dad's hunting dog being in heat next door and male dogs coming and sniffing around (hunting dog goes to get bred in Atlanta next week). But since we are moving to town next month I don't want to **** off the new neighbors.

Any recomendation on brands? I do not want a shock collar. I just need some consistancy to teach them not just bark for barking sake.
    "Yea, and the shins of the wicked were smote."-Lil 22:18

and behold I looked in the sky, and saw a rider on a pale horse, the rider's name was death, and Lil Sooner followed after,....Revalations

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Bark Collars

I think a bark collar is the same as a shock collar, unless it just constricts around their neck when they bark.

I got a shock collar to keep my dog from digging and pawing on the door, I used it for a week and took it off and I don't use it anymore. You set the shock to a really low level.

Administrator
    vCash

You so do not want my advice on this one girly girl.

what kind of dogs are they?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by usmc-sooner
    I think a bark collar is the same as a shock collar, unless it just constricts around their neck when they bark.

I got a shock collar to keep my dog from digging and pawing on the door, I used it for a week and took it off and I don't use it anymore. You set the shock to a really low level.

The shock collars that we have you have to activate it to work, but I'm not here alot so that isn't really consistant.

Dean do you think I should just shoot them? Cause I'm about ready too. These dogs are extremely spoiled and the whole going out side making them come to you and sit thing to get them shut up is just not working any more.

and behold I looked in the sky, and saw a rider on a pale horse, the rider's name was death, and Lil Sooner followed after,....Revalations

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    what kind of dogs are they?

Heeler mixes. Their momma was suppose to be a blue heeler and the daddy's well lets just say momma was a ho. I have a white and black short haired and one that looks like a doberman. I have a red heeler mix but she's not really the problem she's much older.

The pups just turned two and are in that holy terror stage.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LilSooner
    The shock collars that we have you have to activate it to work, but I'm not here alot so that isn't really consistant.

Dean do you think I should just shoot them? Cause I'm about ready too. These dogs are extremely spoiled and the whole going out side making them come to you and sit thing to get them shut up is just not working any more.
    That's cause they are now in control. Good luck with that.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Beef's Avatar
    vCash

This has pretty much shut my Min Pin up. If you've ever been around that breed you will know what a chore that is. It just puts out a really annoying high pitched beep when they bark. The downside is it sometimes goes off when he shakes his head or wiggles. That doesn't really teach him anything.

http://www.radiosys.com/bark_control..._CODE=PUSB-300
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Him being a ****ing tard does. You don't smack down your mongoloid cousin when he spits taters across the table.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Bring them in the house and let them sleep in the bed with you.

vCash

No they mind its just the consistency thing. It's hard when I travel to make sure that they shut up. These dogs have the most amazing hearing. They can hear the ****zu going out side when they are in the garage.

heelers are wired to bark.....will you be leaving them outside all the time in your new place?

personally, i'd wait till you moved....they're barking at things that wont be present in the new place

Administrator
    vCash

This is a tough one. Obviously you do not have the time to spend training the dogs. I mean hell, Rhino's gotta eat so Lil's gotta work. The dogs are probably bored, and if you plan on moving them to the big city you're gonna have even worse problems. Digging, chewing, barking, etc. will be the norm. Your neighbors are gonna hate you, you're gonna hate the dogs, and nothing good will come of it.

My advice? See if you can find somebody to take them. You can try all the bull**** "shelters" out there like Second Chance, but be prepared to be told "sorry, we're not taking dogs at this time - especially big dogs..."

So, it really all boils down to "can I live with the barking, being ****ed off all the time, hatin' neighbors, problems, problems, problems......or not." If not, plant em'. They're dogs. When pets control our lives, we're never happy. If you can't do it yourself, find someone who can.

Good luck.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr
    Bring them in the house and let them sleep in the bed with you.
    They sleep in the kitchen isn't that enough?

Oh and thank the lord that won't be happening much longer, they are about to get a nice big 2 car garage to sleep in. Sooooo excited, and my bed room will be upstairs so those little bastards can't wake me up at 4:30 needing to go outside.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    This is a tough one. Obviously you do not have the time to spend training the dogs. I mean hell, Rhino's gotta eat so Lil's gotta work. The dogs are probably bored, and if you plan on moving them to the big city you're gonna have even worse problems. Digging, chewing, barking, etc. will be the norm. Your neighbors are gonna hate you, you're gonna hate the dogs, and nothing good will come of it.

My advice? See if you can find somebody to take them. You can try all the bull**** "shelters" out there like Second Chance, but be prepared to be told "sorry, we're not taking dogs at this time - especially big dogs..."

So, it really all boils down to "can I live with the barking, being ****ed off all the time, hatin' neighbors, problems, problems, problems......or not." If not, plant em'. They're dogs. When pets control our lives, we're never happy. If you can't do it yourself, find someone who can.

Good luck.

And that would be different from now how?

Bottom line not giving up the dogs just because they bark. That can be fixed it's a discipline problem that all of our dogs have gone through when they hit the two year mark. I just need something to keep them quite during the day while I'm not at home so I can work with them at night.

I'm not one of those ****ty pet owners that don't pay attention to their dogs. The dogs mind and have good manners (except the little ****zu jumping up on you, but I have about got him out of that). Alot of it has to do with my mom's dog being over here during the day, because she likes to bite neighbors and UPS men. She is super agressive when around people that aren't us.

Also, it's not like the dogs are barking just to be barking. They bark at the little bastards from the next door that get on my property and they bark at the other male dogs coming around trying to get at my step dad's hunting dog.

vCash

Sooooo excited, and my bed room will be upstairs so those little bastards can't wake me up at 4:30 needing to go outside.
    Uh, yeah they can. They'll just start barking. You ever heard how loud a dog is when he's barking in a garage with a concrete floor? Again, good luck with that?
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

vCash

Ha ha it bleeped out the S h i t in s h i tzu.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by colleyvillesooner
    Uh, yeah they can. They'll just start barking. You ever heard how loud a dog is when he's barking in a garage with a concrete floor? Again, good luck with that?
    That's why they will have shock collars duh! Oh and as gross as this sounds they know its ok to in the garage because we clean it out every morning with bleach and dawn.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

Don't they have collars that emit a high frequency noise instead of a shock? Not sure that would have an effect on a heeler.

vCash

I think so, maybe beef knows.

I used a bark (shock) collar on a lunatic dalmation. He stopped the excessive barking in about 2 weeks. By that I mean I didnt use the collar anymore. With a healer, you might want to clip around the collar probes to make sure they make good contact. The one I used was sound activated so he got the correction as soon as he barked. Dont leave it on too long because it'll rub raw spots on their neck. For the time I used one, I left it on for several hours down to just when he'd freak out. I suspect you'll need to get collars for all of them or it's not going to be as effective. So with 3 dogs you can expect to be out about $150-$200.

It typically went like BARK Bark bark Never seemed to take more than a couple of minutes for him to get the picture.