Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

4 straight possessions

the pass around the perimeter - shoot a 3 offense is alive and well...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: 4 straight possessions

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
    well it was good having your support while it lasted

vCash

that was different - a fast break after a made layup

vCash

18 minutes about 18 3s

vCash

they look better than they did last year. still giving up too many layups though.

vCash

that was a sweet block by AJ. of course, he's still battling an ankle injury

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Meh. Don't read too much into this. Wait at least until November 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

vCash

only 6 TOs in the entire game vs 19 assists is pretty studly. we play more like a mid-major team with our bigs able to shoot 3s. should be interesting especially if longar can continue to put up double digits all season long...

vCash

TIME FOR THE BIG DANCE!!!!

I went to middle school with Godbold, he saw me poke a guy's eye out in a fight in gym class...THAT IS HOW WE ROLL AT THE CLASSEN SAS!
    Like my old grand daddy used to say, "The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect."

2006 Oklahoma Sooners
    2007 Oklahoma Sooners
    2008 Oklahoma Sooners

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruuuuuufus's Avatar
    vCash

just back from the game.

Longar has made some progression but still is pretty weak with the ball in his hands imo. We did well taking care of the ball and I think only had 1 turnover the 2nd half. Johnson and Maze did well at the point. The new motion offense has alot of potential.

I thought Crocker played extremely well, especially on defense. Godbold gave some quality minutes as well and had alot of rebounds. Keith Clark looked lazy and took alot of plays off. I don't think I saw him block out on defense once the entire night. On the offensive end he did ok... he sure shot alot of 3s. Looked to me like he should work on some free throws before backing up to the 3 point line. I sat by some football players who couldn't stop laughing every time he threw one up. Griffin was solid as usual. He also showed some skill driving the ball into the lane, which I think we need more of.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

After watching the game:
    I think Keith Clark is going to be great.
    Tony Crocker could be great.
    We are going to struggle against teams with a good inside game.
    Taylor Griffin is solid and seems to be a leader.
    Michael Neal will need the inside game to free him up from the outside.
    Austin Johnson hit some threes.

I think I would like to play for a coach like Jeff Capel so I think the team chemistry should be good. I hope this translates to a team that could potentially overachieve.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

How was the crowd?
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Well there are certainly some contrasting viewpoints on this game.Can't wait to get my first look at them.Good luck to Jeff and the gang.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Awful. I don't think there were more then 3,000 in the stands.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

final?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

exhibition or no: 6-14 from the stripe has to get a lot better.

vCash

estimated attendance: 4100
    “[He] called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.”-Mike Tyson

Awesoministrator

vCash

Just copied some of my thoughts from my post on the dork board:

It was a good exhibition game. Saw good and bad things.

Whoever was talking the other day about Capel letting his assistants coach much more than Sampson's is absolutely correct. The whole coaching staff was coaching throughout the game.

We rebounded okay, but Moose and L2 have GOT to get their bodies in there and start blocking out. We're moving the ball around quite a bit and there's a lot of motion going into our offense, which is very exciting to see.

Transition defense has got to improve. We let them get behind us too much and didn't hustle back a few times.

L2 looked about how I thought he would. Still not a primetime player, but good for some minutes. He's going to be abused in Big XII play. Still, he turned his opportunities into points even if it was against inferior, smaller competition.

Griffin and Neal played well - nothing spectacular, but I have a feeling they weren't going at it full speed during exhibition. Godbold played very well. He'll be a big contributor this season. AJ looked better than I expected. Played good D and ran the point well.

Crocker is the sparkplug we need off the bench. Incredible athlete and very high energy.

Maze is out of control right now. Forced the shots he took and was running around like crazy on defense - sometimes to his detriment.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE
    Moose looked good for his first game. He had a couple shots blocked early and I think it helped wake him up a bit. After that, he started charging the hoop a little more. Knows his way around on the offensive side of the ball - very lost on the defensive side of the ball. Needs to block out and get his hands on some rebounds. His two boards came late and I was afraid he was about to go ofer for the game. With some game experience, I think you'll see him turn into a solid player by midseason. Still has a smidge of loafer in him, but it's MUCH less than what I saw last year at PCO. Capel noticed when he was loafing once and made sure Moose knew about it - didn't see much loafing after that. Saw him asking one of the assistants for some help on what to do on a certain play, which was good to see him take the initiative in asking for help.

I think we're going to really, really enjoy Capel's presence in our program. Everything tonight seemed loose, but productive. When L2 threw away a fast-break pass that landed near Capel, he grabbed the ball and acted like he was about to shoot it. It might have seemed like nothing, but it added a lighthearted moment where you might normally see a coach chewing out a player.

We spread the ball around a lot and kept things moving well. There won't be a star on this team, but I think everyone will be happy to see a team of young, but solid players.

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
    that is part of every basketball team's repertoire you know.

getting ball movement and taking an open shot is a good thing.

now if players are just standing around like the KS days, you'll hear brasky a bitchin'.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

I like that story about Capel and Longar. For whatever reason, Longar doesn't seem to respond well to hard-nosed coaching-it made him scared to make mistakes. Capel may be trying to bring him out of his shell.

Before I proclaim L2 the second coming, I'm going to want to see him play against a team of guys who can actually make a D-1 roster. I remember his 30-point game all to well. But I'm glad that he's showing progress. Met theguy up here once. Really nice guy who stood around to let me take a picture with him.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)