I just remembered the home owner question I was going to ask

My son is thinking about putting his house in Yukon on the market. He had a gentleman over there to do some kind of inspection. I don't know if he was an appraiser or an inspector, but he knows about foundations.

My son has had the house for 4 and 1/2 years. When he purchased this place, he had it inspected by a professional who never told him that there was a patch job on the foundation. There was also no mention at all of such a thing in the assessment the guy gave him before he bought the house. Had he of known that there were foundation problems he never would have purchased this particular home. Now he is having major problems with his foundation. After 4 and 1/2 years does he have any recourse?

vCash

Re: I just remembered the home owner question I was going to ask

Was the owner before your son the first owner? If not, maybe he didn't know about the patches.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer.....
    Was the owner before your son the first owner? If not, maybe he didn't know about the patches.
    Patches? He said he didn't need any stinkin' patches.

vCash

after 4 an 1/2 yrs its doubtfull . Phil or oldanslo might be able to tell you.
    Did the inspector have a bond and what were his creds ?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

is the house under 10 years old?

(isn't that what the foundation warranty is?)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mrowl
    is the house under 10 years old?

(isn't that what the foundation warranty is?)
    When i was building it was 1 yr for all of it
    the buyer could purchas a 10 yr thru the builders assciation or some thing but it was up to the buyer

The house is older than 10 years. We don't know if the previous owners knew about it or not. The inspector was bonded and the reason we didn't know about the patched foundation is because it was covered up with bushes. He discovered it when we were landscaping.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

statute of limitations problems potentially...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

PT is the best foundation guy in the business.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

just stick the cheatin wench in the foundation and it should be all good.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BajaOklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

Where in Yukon?
    I used to live there.
    The fans on here are known for their objectivity, fair play, open minded welcoming of others, debating in an upfront, firm, but respectful manner.....TexasLidig8r 11/21/04

Quote Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma
    Where in Yukon?
    I used to live there.
    Its that area just south of I-40 off of that street with the German sounding name; 'something' Hall Rd. To me, it looks like some sloppy builder just slapped those houses together during a housing boom.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUSAEmom

My son is thinking about putting his house in Yukon on the market. He had a gentleman over there to do some kind of inspection. I don't know if he was an appraiser or an inspector, but he knows about foundations.

My son has had the house for 4 and 1/2 years. When he purchased this place, he had it inspected by a professional who never told him that there was a patch job on the foundation. There was also no mention at all of such a thing in the assessment the guy gave him before he bought the house. Had he of known that there were foundation problems he never would have purchased this particular home. Now he is having major problems with his foundation. After 4 and 1/2 years does he have any recourse?
    step one: what did the contract with the inspector your son signed say about liability for stuff the inspector missed?
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Its that area just south of I-40 off of that street with the German sounding name; 'something' Hall Rd. To me, it looks like some sloppy builder just slapped those houses together during a housing boom.
    That would be Czech Hall Road.

Yeah, that neighborhood south of I-40 is a rather cheaply built...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    step one: what did the contract with the inspector your son signed say about liability for stuff the inspector missed?
    Thats a good question. I'll have to call him this evening and get him to fax me a copy tomorrow. He said its quite lengthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D
    just stick the cheatin wench in the foundation and it should be all good.
    My sons show cause divorce hearing is scheduled for Halloween Day. My daughter said that she has the spooky feeling his soon to be X may come to court in costume, dressed up as a respectable lady.

Of course I don't know why they're even having a hearing. There really isn't anything to fight over. She had nothing when they met 5 years ago, but now has plenty. They have no children together. He has given her absolutely everything except his personal belongings, and a house which is in his name, that he owes more for than its worth. He dug himself into a hole.

2013 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS Osce0la's Avatar
    vCash

Thats a good question. I'll have to call him this evening and get him to fax me a copy tomorrow. He said its quite lengthy.

My sons show cause divorce hearing is scheduled for Halloween Day. My daughter said that she has the spooky feeling his soon to be X may come to court in costume, dressed up as a respectable lady.

Of course I don't know why they're even having a hearing. There really isn't anything to fight over. She had nothing when they met 5 years ago, but now has plenty. They have no children together. He has given her absolutely everything except his personal belongings, and a house which is in his name, that he owes more for than its worth. He dug himself into a hole.
    That's called marriage.
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    Besides, a bitch gotta party, yo.