Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: you people suck

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 handcrafted's Avatar
    vCash

you people suck

You did not warn me that the pad-thai at Pei Wei was more addictive than crack. Thanks a lot. There goes my lunch budget and oh yeah, burning more gasoline to get there, too.

Administrator
    vCash

Re: you people suck

Pad thai at Pei Wei is a plate of **** compared to Pad Thai at Padthai. Or a thousand other Thai restaurants. Eating Thai at Pei Wei would be like eating ribs at McDonalds. McRibb. PeiPadthai.

Brewmaster

vCash

Yeah, if I'm stopping at a Pei-Wei I'm sure as heck not ordering Thai.
    ... that's not food.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Pad thai at Pei Wei is a plate of **** compared to Pad Thai at Padthai. Or a thousand other Thai restaurants. Eating Thai at Pei Wei would be like eating ribs at McDonalds. McRibb. PeiPadthai.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Pad Thai Authentic at Pad Thai is one of my favorite dishes in Norman. And the Honey Seared Shrimp or Chicken at Pei Wei is one of my favorite dishes outside of Norman. Normally I'm a proponent of trying different things when you return to a restaurant, but those are two exceptions. I've never had anything else at Pad Thai and I've only had a few other things that didn't match up to the HSS or C at Pei Wei.

On a somewhat related note, when I want variety in my Thai food I go to Sweet Basil, which is my favorite "all-around" Thai restaurant in Norman.

Brewmaster

vCash

Man, I've tried just about everything at Pad Thai and it ALL rocks.

Try the curry.
    ... that's not food.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 opksooner's Avatar
    vCash

The addictive nature of Phad Thai is due to its high sugar content. It's loaded. Diabetics beware.
    .....and that's all the news from out here on the old Santa Fe Trail.

vCash

not to mention the heat, if ordered correctly

P1 at Padthai is amazing. the closest i've had is at Sweet Basil on Main in Norman (rumor i heard was that it's a former cook from Padthai)

i'm with TopDawg, i can hardly bring myself to order anything else there, especially since i don't go often

their curry is quite good as well though

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

PeiWei's spicy Korean Chicken is awesome. I don't know if it's authentic and it's really not all that spicey, but I don't give a **** because it tastes good (especially with that brown rice). I imagine Dean doesn't like PeiWei because Dean doesn't care about the taste of the food as long as it is authentic.

I will probably never get to try PadThai because Mrs. Norm doesn't really like to try stuff like that. We went to Jana's once and I don't think I'll ever get to go back. IIt's been so long I don't even remember what I had there, but it was spicey and had coconut milk in it or something.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Norm In Norman
    PeiWei's spicy Korean Chicken is awesome. I don't know if it's authentic and it's really not all that spicey, but I don't give a **** because it tastes good (especially with that brown rice). I imagine Dean doesn't like PeiWei because Dean doesn't care about the taste of the food as long as it is authentic.

I will probably never get to try PadThai because Mrs. Norm doesn't really like to try stuff like that. We went to Jana's once and I don't think I'll ever get to go back. IIt's been so long I don't even remember what I had there, but it was spicey and had coconut milk in it or something.
    [audience]ooooOOOOOOoo![/audience]
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member dolemitesooner's Avatar
    vCash

The Padthai at PadThai has a ****ing pimps approval and thats all you need to know. You said It is costing you gas money to get there. Ha I can walk there from where I live.

Administrator
    vCash

Wrong again. Pei Wei sucks because their food tastes like fast food. A McDonald's quarter pounder tastes good when you're hungry, but it's still a blob of ****.

Without getting too deep into details, taking food advice from Norm would be like taking chick advice from Richard Simmons.

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

Have you ever actually stepped foot into a PeiWei? And if so, was the only thing you tried the PadThai? Try something else there sometime. The lettuce wraps are good too. I love the sauce. It's too expensive and too trendy for me to go to very often though.

And a McDonald's Hamburger NEVER tastes good. It's what you eat when you HAVE to eat and you've given yourself little other choice. Covenience usually doesn't taste very good.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 handcrafted's Avatar
    vCash

ADMIN SLAP FIGHT!!!!!!!

vCash

Pei Wei was awesome!

Don't pour the peanut sauce on the lettuce wraps however...lol

Administrator
    vCash

Have you ever actually stepped foot into a PeiWei? And if so, was the only thing you tried the PadThai? Try something else there sometime. The lettuce wraps are good too. I love the sauce. It's too expensive and too trendy for me to go to very often though.

And a McDonald's Hamburger NEVER tastes good. It's what you eat when you HAVE to eat and you've given yourself little other choice. Covenience usually doesn't taste very good.
    Dude, I've eaten at the Pei Wei Asian Bistro (fancy name for fast wannabe chinese food) on Route 175 in Columbia, MD maybe 4-5 times. I've tried Kung Pao chicken, singapore noodles, pad thai something or other, their spring rolls and their soups.

The American judge gives them about a 4.5 on a 1-10 scale. It just ain't that great for the price you pay. The pad thai was tasteless - until I added a bunch of hot sauce and soy sauce - the kung pao chicken was pretty much just little bits of chicken, a couple peanuts, and burnt brown gravy, and the spring rolls tasted like those ones you get in a chinese TV dinner. The soup (hot & sour) was OK. The singapore noodles was probably the best dish, and it was close to being pad thai.

And just cause momma doesn't wanna get asian chow doesn't mean you can't.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

We went to Jana's once and I don't think I'll ever get to go back.
    It's a combination Thai and Italian restaurant. How could it possibly have gone wrong?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Vaevictis
    It's a combination Thai and Italian restaurant. How could it possibly have gone wrong?
    Mmmm...curry lasagna....

Actually, that doesn't sound too bad. Spinach lasagna with red curry sauce instead of marinara, lots of basil, and maybe a peanut sauce on top.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BeetDigger's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by handcrafted
    ADMIN SLAP FIGHT!!!!!!!

Where's David Earl and Beano? We need to get them involved in this.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member RacerX's Avatar
    vCash

Pei Wei rocks.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX
    Pei Wei rocks.
    For those who don't get out much...