Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QB Gerald Jones

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

QB Gerald Jones

according to the dalily oklahoman, we have a lot of interest in the qb from millwood.

has anyone seen him play? is he a pretty good qb?

any info. you all have would be appreciated.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 The Consumate Showman's Avatar
    in the backfield with "indian" jack jacobs
    vCash

Re: QB Gerald Jones

Quote Originally Posted by birddogbbq
    according to the dalily oklahoman, we have a lot of interest in the qb from millwood.

has anyone seen him play? is he a pretty good qb?

any info. you all have would be appreciated.

smoke screen.

look for him to go to TT, LosuR, or Va Tech.
    I have too much sympathy for myself to feel any for you......

vCash

oh, and if he is a good player or not, well, you have to figure in level of competition (i think someone like Jenks or Ike would dominate him), but he did account for over 400 yards of total offense for Millwood a couple of weeks ago...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Consumate Showman
    oh, and if he is a good player or not, well, you have to figure in level of competition (i think someone like Jenks or Ike would dominate him), but he did account for over 400 yards of total offense for Millwood a couple of weeks ago...
    Yeah if he was playing for Millwood against Jenks or IKE but if he were playing for Norman,the butt-kicking would go the other way.Great athlete.He had like 560 yards TO and 5 TDs in the game you are talking about.BTW Bob was there,not saying he will end up at OU but he could asaQB,WR,DB.Jason White,James Allen,The Selmons,Teddy Lehman,Trent Smith,Jimmy Wilkerson all came from small schools in Ok.,except Wilkerson who came from Omaha,TX.Talent IS talent no matter the size of the school,otherwise we would NOT have recruited some player fron tiny HOOKS,Tx.Can't recall his name but I think he had a good career at OU,started a few games and even won an award or two.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BASSooner's Avatar
    vCash

is he a passing QB? We need one of those, considering our receivers are full of ridiculous talent.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BASSooner
    is he a passing QB? We need one of those, considering our receivers are full of ridiculous talent.
    from what i gather he is more of an athlete. but some other schools are pretty high on him, so we'll just have to find out. i'm in town for the weekend so i'll look at the schedule and see if i can get out there to see him.

Sooner Benchwarmer LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddogbbq
    from what i gather he is more of an athlete. but some other schools are pretty high on him, so we'll just have to find out. i'm in town for the weekend so i'll look at the schedule and see if i can get out there to see him.

Sounds kinda like that Todd Walker kid that went to Tech. He was from Pfluggerville, TX if I'm not mistaken. Althought I think he had somewhere in the neighborhood of 20+ D 1 schools looking/offering him a spot.

I'm pretty sure he's NOT being recruited as a QB, but as a RB/WR/Athlete. Can't remember where I heard that, though.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    I'm pretty sure he's NOT being recruited as a QB, but as a RB/WR/Athlete. Can't remember where I heard that, though.

You've heard that from everyone. The only school recruiting him as a QB is Va Tech, and they are basically out of the running. Tonight on news 9 he said his top 4 were UF, Tenn, OU, and TT...who knows???

SoonerFans.com Elite Member boomersooner28's Avatar
    vCash

I thought we were getting heavily involved with this kid? Going after him hard? As an athlete...any updates?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner28
    I thought we were getting heavily involved with this kid? Going after him hard? As an athlete...any updates?
    Youor questions: yep, yep, ath, yep: Va Tech is all but out of the running for him. He visited TT when they played Texas. He loved it, said it was a "10". He is currently NOT going to "officially" visit OU, although he may try to come to the TT game unless he is otherwise disposed. Bob himself is currently one of the main coaches talking to/recruiting him, which if you follow recruiting, Bob almost NEVER does....he didn't with AD. So I think it's fair to say that Gerlad is a priority on our wish list right now. I would say look for these schools to be in on him till the end: OU, sand aggies, gators, domers, rocky top, and condoms. It baffles me as to why he wants to go to or think about going to TT when he could go to a school that would contend for a NC and get him on TV much, MUCH more....

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

OU is looking at him as a DB or slot back.

Officially listed as a athlete on rivals. http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprosp...p?pr_key=40558

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Consumate Showman
    that's bull. I've seen many Class A and 2A players do quite well in D-1 ball.

vCash

I noticed it said "December Grad." I would think he would be making a decision pretty soon. Is Texas Tech looking at him as a wideout? Surely he is smart enough to realize that Tech is not a good place for a guy who might play D-back.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso
    that's bull. I've seen many Class A and 2A players do quite well in D-1 ball.
    that's what i say. level of competition is only a very small part of it. think of all the talent that comes out of 8-man ball too.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BASSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Seeing how well Heupel did for coaching PT. I would be comfortable seeing Jones commanding OUr offense

vCash

Looks like he committed to Tenn today.

Quote Originally Posted by PAW
    Looks like he committed to Tenn today.
    Id love to see where you heard this. According to Scout.com he isnt even considering them nor has he received an offer from them

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2483094

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Paperclip's Avatar
    vCash