Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member KABOOKIE's Avatar
    vCash

“Handicap” People

If you can drive your handicapped *** to the store, walk into the store unaided by any mechanical means, and load up a month’s worth of groceries into a cart……YOU ARE NOT HANDICAPPED!!!!! Don’t give me this, “I have a valid medical condition bull****.”

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Re: “Handicap” People

Quote Originally Posted by KABOOKIE
    If you can drive your handicapped *** to the store, walk into the store unaided by any mechanical means, and load up a month’s worth of groceries into a cart……YOU ARE NOT HANDICAPPED!!!!! Don’t give me this, “I have a valid medical condition bull****.”

The simple fact is, if an M.D. or D.O. will sign off on the state application, anyone can get a handicapped placard in Oklahoma without further review.

But hey, at least they won't allow chiroquackters to sign them.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

I once saw a guy getting yelled at for parking in a handicapped spot with no apparent handicap...who then proceeded to lift up his pant leg showing a prosthetic leg. I'm sure the other guy felt like a jerk.

vCash

I need one.

But I promise to only use it in Stoolwater or Texas.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by crawfish
    I once saw a guy getting yelled at for parking in a handicapped spot with no apparent handicap...who then proceeded to lift up his pant leg showing a prosthetic leg. I'm sure the other guy felt like a jerk.

i saw a family a week or so ago, parked in front of walmart....they had a van with a wheelchair lift.....so obviously normally they'd need it, but the only person in the car was able to walk just fine......its crap like that that ****es me off....leave that spot for somebody that really needs it

vCash

I know several guys in his position who won't use a handicap sign.

Their reasoning is because they don't think of themselves as handicapped.

Many are just grateful to be alive after losing a limb.

I do think there should be Wheelchair Handicap spaces and Temporary Handicapped spaces for folks who are trying to recover from a serious health condition and spaces for folks who do really need the help that parking close helps improve their lives.

The abuse that goes on does PO alot of people it would seem.

Me...there are days that I could really use a temporary.....but...I mostly park as far away from everybody else anyway because of all the morans who door ding and leave shopping carts in the parking lots.

I think we should leave it up to the truely Handicapped to help make suggestions to the current issuance of the signs.

It's a tough thing to police.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IB4OU2's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KABOOKIE

Well since I park in those spots and crawl on hand and knee to get to my grocery cart I guess I'm OK then........I'll soon be selling pencils on the corner too. My question to you is how can you tell by just looking at someone that they don't deserve the need for handicap parking?

vCash

I'll bet this guy never uses a special parking space...

vCash

Question Re: “Handicap” People

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    i saw a family a week or so ago, parked in front of walmart....they had a van with a wheelchair lift.....so obviously normally they'd need it, but the only person in the car was able to walk just fine......its crap like that that ****es me off....leave that spot for somebody that really needs it
    I agree....but how do you know if that driver was picking up the person in the wheelchair and didn't want to leave the vehicle in a fire zone?

vCash

A guy down here went into a rant on the local radio station about handicapped people taking normal peoples spaces. He likes to park in the back and it irritated him to see a handicapped hanger where he normally parks.

I guess it never occurred to him that the car could have belonged to a handicapped person, and the person borrowing it had enough integrity to not take advantage of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup
    I agree....but how do you know if that driver was picking up the person in the wheelchair and didn't want to leave the vehicle in a fire zone?
    he just appeared to be shopping to me, parked, got out, walked in, grabbed a cart and off he went

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    he just appeared to be shopping to me, parked, got out, walked in, grabbed a cart and off he went
    You should have made a citizens arrest.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup
    You should have made a citizens arrest.

vCash

I know a guy who has had multiple back surgeries who has his good and bad days.

Some days it would seem he's fine and others you would swear he's about to have to crawl into the store.

Usually the good days are when he goes to the store and the faster he gets in and out the better. The day after he gets out...he's down for the count for a couple of days.

If he had parked way out...he might not have even made it home.

It's just so hard to say who needs it and who doesn't IMO.

vCash

What about all the folks who use the handicapped bathroom stall and pee all over it and then leave.

That really ****es me off.

vCash

i thought you guys were talking about golfers

vCash

Wink Re: “Handicap” People

Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    i thought you guys were talking about golfers
    We are...

Those guys who use carts really **** me off.

2013 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS Osce0la's Avatar
    vCash

I've got a friend that has a prosthetic leg and he never uses a handicap parking spot (I don't think he even has any of the handicap car tag things)...
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    Besides, a bitch gotta party, yo.

vCash

So....

What I've gathered from this thread is that handicapped people should either be disfigured in some obvious way or tough it out and park where the rest of us do.

Does that sum it up?