SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Some people become wHorns by default

I sit next to this guy in Family Law class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The prof mostly lectures, eschewing the Socratic Method. If she used it, it would require a person to pay attention lest they be called on to explain a case or something.

Anyhoo, this leaves time to talk with your neighbors while a couple of the shrews in the class go off on some rant about how "all men are pigs and and marriage merely legitimizes rape, etc."

But I digress. The guy I sit next to is commonly known as "Longhorn Greg." He's from texass but ain't really a wHorn. I asked him today how he became known as Longhorn Greg. He told me that last year, a bunch of people just assumed he was a wHorn because he's from texass, so he decided to go with it for laughs.

I told him he was sick and twisted.

That is all.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Some people become wHorns by default

That reminds me of when they used to call Pat a ladykiller.

Brewmaster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    The prof mostly lectures, eschewing the Socratic Method. If she used it, it would require a person to pay attention lest they be called on to explain a case or something.
    OK, I wasn't sure I remembered right, so I did a search for the Socratic Method, and this article: http://www.garlikov.com/Soc_Meth.html came up.

The guy attempted to teach third-graders binary arithmetic using the Socratic Method as an experiment. It took him 25 minutes. Freakin' awesome.
    ... that's not food.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride
    The guy attempted to teach third-graders binary arithmetic using the Socratic Method as an experiment. It took him 25 minutes. Freakin' awesome.
    White.

Nerdy.

Brewmaster

vCash

Why you gotta be a hater?
    ... that's not food.