Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 westcoast_sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Difference Between Colt and Snead

Ok - scenario. Seems like sometimes defenses have difficulty in stopping a second team QB when they come in in relief. Sometimes it's due to injury, and sometimes it's due to the first team guy just being completely ineffective.

Last year we got out to a big lead against A&M, and Fran brings in McGee who runs option when McNeal gets hurt. Both guys are mobile, but the option hurt us all day.

Bottom line question is this. Let's say for some reason McCoy goes out. He gets hurt, he is simply not moving the team, or just decides to throw Venables a curve ball and throw Snead out there for a couple of series. What are the differences in style between the two? Are there any clear advantages between one or the other.

Personally, I think it would be a huge mistake to make a change. But isn't known for making great decisions in the RRS.

Re: Difference Between Colt and Snead

Quote Originally Posted by westcoast_sooner
    Ok - scenario. Seems like sometimes defenses have difficulty in stopping a second team QB when they come in in relief. Sometimes it's due to injury, and sometimes it's due to the first team guy just being completely ineffective.

Last year we got out to a big lead against A&M, and Fran brings in McGee who runs option when McNeal gets hurt. Both guys are mobile, but the option hurt us all day.

Bottom line question is this. Let's say for some reason McCoy goes out. He gets hurt, he is simply not moving the team, or just decides to throw Venables a curve ball and throw Snead out there for a couple of series. What are the differences in style between the two? Are there any clear advantages between one or the other.

Personally, I think it would be a huge mistake to make a change. But isn't known for making great decisions in the RRS.
    Jevan is faster than Colt with a stronger arm. but he also has shown a tendancy to make poor decisions resulting in illadvised throws and more interceptions. He just hasn't had as much work as Colt and is not as collected.

vCash

Colt - Sucks

Jecan - Has not had a chance to suck
    Like my old grand daddy used to say, "The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect."

2006 Oklahoma Sooners
    2007 Oklahoma Sooners
    2008 Oklahoma Sooners

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Colt "pitches" and Jevan "catches."

Awesoministrator

vCash

McCoy : Snead :: Mock : Young

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Chrissy came in to save Oppie in 2000. Mock started to give Radio time to adjust to the pressure in 2003. So under Stoops we have won the RRSO 128-27 when texass plays two QBs. So I strongly suggest they play Snead on Saturday.

On the flip side, when we lost our starting QB Hybl and had to go with the backup White and when we lost our starter White and had to go with our backup Hybl...we still won.

Hmmm...I can't say. Both are obviously much faster than Applewhite or Simms. Looking at their numbers they don't seem as bad as we make them to be...in fact, Colt is #8 in Efficiency.

Colt McCoy
    Completion Pct.: 71.13%
    Touchdowns: 10
    Interceptions: 2
    Passing Yards: 846
    Rushing Yards: 59
    QB Rating: 174.3

Jevan Snead
    Completion Pct.: 72.2%
    Touchdowns: 1
    Interceptions: 1
    Passing Yards: 181
    Rushing Yards: 89
    QB Rating: 163.91

Paul Thompson
    Completion Pct.: 62.2%
    Touchdowns: 8
    Interceptions: 3
    Passing Yards: 930
    Rushing Yards: 5
    QB Rating: 162.8

LONGHORNS AS A TEAM NATIONALLY
    Rushing Offense 14
    Passing Offense 47
    Total Offense 20
    Scoring Offense 4
    Rushing Defense 2
    Pass Efficiency Defense 58
    Total Defense 4
    Scoring Defense 10
    Net Punting 2
    Punt Returns 9
    Kickoff Returns 35
    Turnover Margin T-52
    Pass Defense 55
    Passing Efficiency 4
    Sacks 9
    Tackles For Loss 7
    Sacks Allowed T-10

Despite these numbers..I will reserve my judgement til Sunday Morning. Hopefully we can send them falling down in several categories.