Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

The RUSH LIMBAUGH show-Main Theme and message. '06 Election

Rush: GOP Must Take Gloves Off

Republicans have to take the gloves off and come out swinging if they expect to survive the elections in November, top radio talker Rush Limbaugh said Tuesday on his nationally syndicated radio program.

Noting that House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill., who appeared on his show Tuesday, has said he will not resign despite the editorial call from the Washington Times to do so, a fiery Rush said he hopes Hastert does much more than just talk on the issue.

Rush then ripped into the GOP, saying: "It's time for the Republicans to fight back. This is getting absurd. This constantly being on the defense or waiting for the next shoe to drop [has to stop]" he said.

"It's time for the Republicans to fight back and, led by Hastert, point out how the Democrats continue to avoid the real issues of importance . . . and are trying to distract the American people from what essentially is a non-existent agenda on the part of the Democrats to deal with things that really, really matter."

Limbaugh is frustrated by the media frenzy that is trying to take national security issues off the radar screen for voters in the midterm elections.

"The idea that the GOP side of the House of Representatives is a bunch of perverts hitting on [congressional] pages is absurd," Rush said. "It is the Democrats who have condoned that kind of behavior in the past. It's the Democrats who don't find that behavior repugnant in any way, shape, matter or form. This is not about protecting the children as far as they're concerned: this is a strategic attack, timed during an election and the Republicans don't have to sit there and take it," Rush stormed.

On a roll, Rush continued: "They can say whatever they want to say about it, but then return fire. The president is doing his bit. He's on a campaign trip, he's out West. He's continuing to say that the security of the country can't be trusted in [Democrats'] hands."

Rush said he didn't agree that the GOP won't be able to hold Foley's Florida congressional seat in the November elections.

"The Republicans have held this seat for 25 years," Rush told his national radio audience. "I would be surprised if they lose this seat. We still have this mindset that all the voters are major fools and idiots and whatever the media bubble of the day is affects them and they respond to all this . . . I think it's just the opposite and the Democrats are going to overplay their hand on this . . . They'll overreact - they'll take it too far."

Rush added that "This latest assault by Democrats will not work unless the Republicans surrender, stay on the defense, and damage themselves. Let the Democrats resign. Let Nancy Pelosi resign. I could make a case that she should resign, immediately. Here's my basis [for saying that]: Nancy Pelosi knows the person who planted the story about Foley five weeks before the election. She might not know who specifically did it, but she knows where it came from - all the liberal Democrats do."

Rush repeated his charge that the whole thing is a "strategic Democrat-timed scandal" to discourage the conservative Republican base and dissuade them from voting in the upcoming mid-term elections.

"None of this is to defend family," he said. "Some people on our side are totally missing the boat. I understand the need to stand up righteously and morally and say we as conservatives do not tolerate and will not put up with this kind of behavior from members of our movement and our Party. I understand that, but this is not about him [Foley] anymore."

He continued: "This is about the Democratic plan to take over the House and we have people who do not recognize what this really is and do not understand the Democrats' Clinton war room strategy behind this and are literally falling into the hands of the Democrats.

"This is not about children, this is not about pedophilia, this is not about any of that," Rush fumed. "It is all about hardball politics."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

Re: The RUSH LIMBAUGH show-Main Theme and message. '06 Election

I think we have already hit our monthly quota of Limbaugh inspired threads. Btw...total class saying the democrats condone the raping of children.

vCash

Hey mods, can we get a "willie *hearts* Rush" forum? Thx plz.
    "If you don't become an actor you'll never be a factor" - Lupe Fiasco

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash

You know, if any of us actually gave a flying **** about what Rush has to say, I'm pretty sure we could find him on our radio dial.

Give it up. All you're doing is alienating everyone and becoming even more of a caricature of yourself.
    We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

Who is this RUSH LIMBAUGH guy? I've never heard of him. Please tell me more, william favor. TIA.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

clearly endorsing Rush pays well.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf_The_Grey
    Cool. So, what did you think of the show synopsis?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

We think it's now official. If you want to take the temperature of the South Oval rectally, you stick the thermometer in william favor.

vCash

I think that Limbaugh is a fool to imply that Democrats not only condone rape but in fact promote it. It is beyond reckless.

The gloves come off? When have the Republicans ever been shy about attacking people? I mean seriously didn't they attack Kerry for not being soldiery enough. The republicans are going to do what they do...run a far superior campaign to the democrats(who just don't get it).

vCash

a doper that agrees with molesting children. I hope he does take his gloves off. I would like to drop kick him.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 batonrougesooner's Avatar
    vCash

I think he makes some good points.
    "I am batonrougesooner and I approved this message"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by batonrougesooner
    I think he makes some good points.
    Of course he does. Ya gotta wonder if some of these people commenting even read what he said.

vCash

who cares what he thinks?
    When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

vCash

Heh, yeah, it's the Dems who don't find it repugnant at all -- nevermind the reports that Congressional pages were being warned about Foley as far back as 1995...

Rush is correct about one thing -- it's all about politics. The reaction of *everyone* involved -- Rush included -- is all about politics. The Dems crying foul? Politics. The Republican House leadership sitting on the information for years, all the while Foley stalks kids? Politics. Rush calling out the Dems for politicizing? Politics.

If it wasn't always politics all the time up there in DC, the Republican party would have sh*t-canned Foley years and years ago. But hell, why sh*t-can him if you can reap the rewards of his excellent fundraising ability and his vote in the House? Politics.

I don't really think some of you realize exactly how bad Foley was. I saw some of the logs, and they literally made me want to throw up. And it takes a lot to make me physically ill like that. And the House leadership apparently protected this guy.

vCash

Oh, and by the way:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/03/wa...in&oref=slogin

“I hate to give up sources, but to the extent that I know the political parties of any of the people who helped us, it would be the same party,” Mr. Ross said, referring to Republicans.
    Good to know that not *everyone* in the Republican party is for protecting kid stalkers.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

I guess these threads are for people who don't have radios. If I wanted to know what Rush thinks I'll turn on my own ****ing radio.
    Sheesh.

Tell me willie, do you have to wash your hands or change your skivvies after listening to the Limbaugh show?
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TUSooner
    I guess these threads are for people who don't have radios. If I wanted to know what Rush thinks I'll turn on my own ****ing radio.
    Sheesh.

Tell me willie, do you have to wash your hands or change your skivvies after listening to the Limbaugh show?
    I post these threads for the benefit of those who SORELY need to be acquainted with Limbaugh's observations, and don't think to do it on their own.

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

Oh, lawd...
    "And the truth is that no circumstance can ever defeat us unless we let it... Resilience in the face of failure is a manifestation of the mind..." -Wayne Coyne

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

I'd like to lock Rush and Al Franken in a room and have 'em fight to the death.

Then, shoot the winner.