Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

My Boycott of Citgo is catching on...

Yesterday, the multi-national "7-11" corporation announced its long-term contract with Citgo expires next week, it shall not be renewed, and 7-11 will no longer do business with Citgo. Justification for 7-11's non-renewal of the contract was partially predicated on the fact Citgo is entirely owned by Venezuala, and that country's strong-man dictator Hugo Chavez has repeatedly stated his commitment to the destruction of the US.

Me likey.

"Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Re: My Boycott of Citgo is catching on...

I don't know if you posted this in the old thread or not, but could you provide a list of gas stations taht use Citgo and I'll try to do my part.

I hope it's not the Kum and Go in Muskogee; I love that place when I go home.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU4LIFE's Avatar
    vCash

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I'd like to repeat my commitment to the destruction of asshat Chavez.
    I taste terrific.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
    I don't know if you posted this in the old thread or not, but could you provide a list of gas stations taht use Citgo and I'll try to do my part.

I hope it's not the Kum and Go in Muskogee; I love that place when I go home.
    Easy. The evile Citgo has given us a tool we can use to avoid giving them our money. Simply enter a zip code at the site linked below and you'll be presented with a map and list of stations within a ten mile radius you can avoid.

http://www.citgo.com/CITGOLocator/StoreLocator.jsp

Also, generally, if the joint is called "Fiesta Mart", it sells Citgo gas and the store itself is owned by Citgo.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

Only one in Norman, at Kwick Stop where Imhoff dead ends east of town.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AlbqSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I read the article about 7-11's decision yesterday and thought of Homey immediately. Good jorb.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

There are three Citgo's within two miles of my house. One is at a 7-11. Even though Citgo has some of the more moderate priced gasoline (actually, it's the area more so than the station itself in most cases), I stopped going to Citgo, the one closest to my house which is more convenient, and go to BP Amoco now and pay a few pennies a gallon more. Screw Citgo. I hope the American workers there find other jobs and say Screw Citgo as well.

Another bad move one of these Citgo's pulled last year during the run up to Katrina which brushed us on the way to N.O. and the Gulf Coast, was that I went in there the day before Katrina to fill up my car, and they had plastic bags over the 87 and 89 octane grades, and were only selling 93 - and had jacked up their prices higher than anyone else around that was selling 93. Bastards. I had no choice but to pay the higher price; other people were grumbling about it.

Oh, and Chavez is an asshat despite the hard core lefties in this country who agree Bush is evil; I heard one on Randi Rhodes yesterday mired in misery - asshattery is with them as well.
    Posse resident guru on police brutality, Lady Gaga and lawnmower repair parts

vCash

I saw that. Good job, Homey!
    I haven't seen a Citgo in a long time anyway.

vCash

In the interest of being fair and balanced, there is an ongoing "Buycott" of Citgo being perpetrated by America haters and assorted Marxist-Leninist extreme left-wing loonies in this country.

http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0516-25.htm

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUDoc
    I saw that. Good job, Homey!
    I haven't seen a Citgo in a long time anyway.
    Citgo's "Fiesta Mart" convenience stores are popping (or shall I say pooping) up all over metro Tulsa these days.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

There shouldn't be any Citgo anythings popping up around Tulsa....I thought they had decided to move out of this region? Seems like I remember that anyway.

And while I also hope Citgo loses its shirt, I'm sure the Beijing-11 or New Delhi 'n Go will be more than happy to pick up the slack. Citgo is probably in a position where they can't lose. Bastages.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

I stopped buying at Citgo places when Venezuela bought them a few years back. Chavez has always been a whackjob. He just hasn't been as brazen about it until now. He doesn't seem to grasp that a really motivated group of boy scouts could topple his crappy government. Too bad they don't have a scout program down there.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Nice.
    The Kum and Go is safe.

vCash

Here's a flyer that was passed out at a YCT (Young Conservatives of Texas) UNT rally calling for a boycott of Citgo gas.

http://www.yctforum.com/index.php?ac...ype=post&id=19

vCash

What's a Citgo?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Here's a flyer that was passed out at a YCT (Young Conservatives of Texas) UNT rally calling for a boycott of Citgo gas.

http://www.yctforum.com/index.php?ac...ype=post&id=19
    What is UNT?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by william favor
    What is UNT?
    :sigh:
    The University of North Texas. YCT=Young Conservatives of Texas

YCT-UNT also did the "cath an illegal immigrant day" and "marry anything you want day" and other such events.

I was a member of Baylor YCT for 5 years but resigned a week or two ago over a dispute with the state board.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

:sigh:
    The University of North Texas. YCT=Young Conservatives of Texas

sigh: Well EXCUUUUSE ME! Heck, it will always be NTSU to me. Go Mean Green Eagles, etc.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by william favor
    sigh: Well EXCUUUUSE ME! Heck, it will always be NTSU to me. Go Mean Green Eagles, etc.
    I'm not a fan of the UNT chapter. You'd love them though; they're your kind "conservatives."