Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

went to the Norman vs Enid game- my thoughts

I didn't really see "it" from the Box kid, especially on defense. Decent offensive player, IMO he was shying away from contact. Didn't really tackle that well, seemed like he wanted to grab the ball carrier instead of tackling. He got juked out of socks on a few plays.

Ryan Broyles, man this kid is amazing. For a kid to dominate 6A teams like this. He is a must get from the state of Oklahoma. I can't say enough about this kid, Reggie Smith like.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Re: went to the Norman vs Enid game- my thoughts

NHS has won 3 games in a row pretty convincingly. against Norman North, Moore, and Enid.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 The Consumate Showman's Avatar
    in the backfield with "indian" jack jacobs
    vCash

Norman is good, no doubting that. But I think you can go ahead and print Muskogee's name on that 6A trophy...toooooooooo much talent...and they also have another guy I think we'll end up offering and picking up in Dre Stout....he is having wayyyyyyyyyyy too many 200 yard games to just look past at this point....besides, we aren't going to get Lennon Creer, so he should be the lone RB we take this year...
    I have too much sympathy for myself to feel any for you......

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

i've been out of state for 15 years, but when/how is Muskogee get to 6A? i can understand how a town like Choctaw goes from being a small town to an OKC suburb....but Muskogee is not real close to Tulsa.

forgive my ignorance.

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

If you mean wrapping up and tackling the ball carrier, then you have watched Brent Venables' defense for too long, that's how you actually tackle a guy... But if he can't tackle, that doesn't surprise me that BV's after him either...
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by goingoneight
    If you mean wrapping up and tackling the ball carrier, then you have watched Brent Venables' defense for too long, that's how you actually tackle a guy... But if he can't tackle, that doesn't surprise me that BV's after him either...

Let me stop you there.

Brent IS NOT, I repeat, NOT the coach that limits our guys in practice to hitting above the waist and not allowing tackling to go on.

Get on Bob for that one man. Most people don't understand this because of the image built around Bob.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okienole3's Avatar
    vCash

OU better get Broyles. He is a special player.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleWingSooner
    I have the worst temper ever. You don't want to be around me when I explode. People found this out in Elementary and middle school so by the time I was in high school no one wanted to **** me off.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I watched Box in teh opener. He had like 8 tackles, 100 yards rushing, 10/12 passing for about 300 yards and I think 4 TDs.

He seemed to do fine on defense especially considering how we try to go the other way on every play. He didn't miss any tackles that I saw. There was one play on that was just amazing in which he just ran right through one of Bartlesville's defenders. You would've had to seen it. It is the biggest hit I've seen in high school and one of the biggest hits I've ever seen especially on offense.

vCash

Turner Troupe > Austin Box
    I have the worst temper ever. You don't want to be around me when I explode. People found this out in Elementary and middle school so by the time I was in high school no one wanted to **** me off.

Quote Originally Posted by okienole3
    So what?

Okienole > DD in high school, but everyone knows DD was a D1 athlete.

vCash

You obviously have absolutely no freakin' clue what you're talking about.

Turner Troupe, while a good athlete, will see one or two D-1AA offers and some NAIA/D-2 to go along with them.

Turner Troupe = couldn't hold Box's **** in his hands...

Quote Originally Posted by The Consumate Showman
    I doubt he would want to. Even if he did want to and still couldn't I would think that is something the coaches should know, I mean that could be a major medical condition. I can just see the headline, "All-star recruit to leave team with elephantitis." Not good.

vCash

You obviously have absolutely no freakin' clue what you're talking about.

Turner Troupe, while a good athlete, will see one or two D-1AA offers and some NAIA/D-2 to go along with them.

Troupe will get DI offers.

vCash

Austin Box=Dane Zaslaw

Wow, some of you must have seen a different game than I did. I went to watch Box and Broyles play. Both were impressive. Norman never tackled Box on first contact. Box may have missed a tackle or two but the kid never leaves the field. Norman rarely ran at Box. I kept thinking of what Box would do with a little more talent around him and only playing defense. His speed is pretty impressive to be 6'3" 220. I'll take Stoops, Venables, BJW's and several other D-1 coaches', who offered Box, evaluations over some Norman High fans. Broyles needs an offer, the kid can play.

vCash

Corey Wilson commiting just hurt Ryan's chances of getting an offer.

Now, I don't think that we will offer him because we have filled our need for the slot position and will probably just wait on the Terrance sweepstakes now.

vCash

Corey Wilson commiting just hurt Ryan's chances of getting an offer.

Now, I don't think that we will offer him because we have filled our need for the slot position and will probably just wait on the Terrance sweepstakes now.
    Any chance they are laying off of him for off the field/attitude reasons?

vCash

Any chance they are laying off of him for off the field/attitude reasons?

From all I've heard, he is a good kid on and off the field. I am not close to their school or program as far as having insiders, but I don't believe him to have any off the field problems...

Any Normanites on the board???

Thumbs up Re: went to the Norman vs Enid game- my thoughts

Box just got hurt last weekend playing Union. 3rd Qtr he got a dislocated elbow. Out 2-4 weeks. I'm from Enid and we still can't compete with the elite of 6A. We haven't won a big game in forever. He is an athelete though. Rarely tackled without help and never on the first try. Very calm in the pocket and laid a pretty nasty lick on a few union receivers.

vCash

Saw Broyles play last night. He accounted for about 90% of the Tiger offense.