Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Should this State Trooper keeps his job

http://journalstar.com/articles/2006...e837217526.txt

NE State trooper joins white supermacy group so the state want's to can him, now they are in arbitration.

I would just assume let him go because he will be nothing but a liability to the state police as a know white supremacist.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

Re: Should this State Trooper keeps his job

are there black people in nebraska? i mean besides on the football team?

yes, he should be canned

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

I knew jk would respond quickly

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    are there black people in nebraska? i mean besides on the football team?

yes, he should be canned
    In Omaha there is. Folks like Malcom X, Bob Boozer, Johnny Rogers, Gale Sayers, Bob Gibson, and Ahman Green are all from Omaha.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

dude, my wife is from grand island....i know there are blacks in nebraska, it was a joke

however , nobody who's job it is to serve the public, should be allowed to belong to a group that espouses the ideals of superiority over a minority group - how on earth would minorities in his jurisdiction be secure in knowing they'd get fair treatment from him?

we tried the "white supremacist cop" thing in mississippi in the 60's, it was a failed experiment

vCash

dude, my wife is from grand island....i know there are blacks in nebraska, it was a joke

however , nobody who's job it is to serve the public, should be allowed to belong to a group that espouses the ideals of superiority over a minority group - how on earth would minorities in his jurisdiction be secure in knowing they'd get fair treatment from him?

we tried the "white supremacist cop" thing in mississippi in the 60's, it was a failed experiment
    I know you were kidding, I just felt like tossing some names out there.

Quote Originally Posted by royalfan5
    I know you were kidding, I just felt like tossing some names out there.
    sad that you could only come up with 5

vCash

sad that you could only come up with 5
    That was just off the top of my head. If I though about I might get to ten.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

no. so long as his private life doesn't spill over into the work environment, then his employeer has no right to tell him what he can/can not do during his off time. provided that he is not breaking the law.

I know lots of people who are very religious and are public servants. In their off time they are extreme evangelists / missionairies but would never imagine projecting that image while on duty.

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

if he hasn't done anything agaisnt the law, then he should keep his job.

I am sure there are lots of racists in public jobs, this just means he may be a racist who pays his monthly dues

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by royalfan5
    In Omaha there is. Folks like Malcom X, Bob Boozer, Johnny Rogers, Gale Sayers, Bob Gibson, and Ahman Green are all from Omaha.
    Football players and one guy who became very, very bitter.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Thorny issue.

On the one hand, there's the First Amendment right to free expression association and assembly.

On the other hand, that First Amendment right affords no protection to employment-except by the government, which is his employer.

Were I arguing from the standpoint of canning this dude, I'd begin from the standpoint that his testimony would be almost worthless in any case involving a person of any color but white. If a jury knows that cop is a racist and the cop testifies at all against a person of color, the jury is going to immediately discount what he has to say.

Since his beliefs and membership in a white supremacist group inhibits his ability to effectively perform his duty, no EEOC protection should be afforded unless reasonably accomodation can be made to ensure that the officer will never have to give testimony.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION
    OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by crawfish
    Football players, one of the most dominant pitchers ever, and one guy who became very, very bitter.
    fixed

vCash

As long as the state troopers are tax-payer funded there's no way in hell he should be canned unless it's found that he participated in an illegal activity with said organization.

If this were a private company then you bet your *** he should be canned.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

If he hasn't broken any law and it isn't in any contract he signed as a condition of his employment then no he should not be fired.
    Sooner Legends Inn & Suites

Voted #1 Hotel in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #2 Overall Restaurant in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #1 Catering in Norman, OK - 2009

1 Corinthians 1:18---For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

well, its illegal to be an active member of any association while a member of the military ....you can be a passive member (i.e. receive brochures, literature, etc) but thats it

i'm floored by the responses.....

party pooper
    vCash

A private employer can fire an employee for any reason...even something as trivial as that employee smoking...even if they don't do so at work. (this was a thread once)

The government on the other hand has to be more careful in its firing practices. Firing people willy-nilly scares people because suddenly they might see the government as being itself prejudiced in some way. However, In this case, if the government can't fire him, I would think they can certainly demote him to Janitor or something. The last thing they should want is to have him running around with a gun and a badge. That should scare the crap out of people.

1. i think the guy's an idiot for joining a "white supremist" group.

2. (IF he's fired), would the same thing happen if an african american cop joined an african american supremist group?

i wonder if the aclu will represent this white cop if he's fired?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tiptonsooner's Avatar
    vCash

I know the OHP doesn't allow troopers to even campaign for thier choices in who are running in elections. A cetain amount of decorum is expected, it comes with the job. IMO, the guy should be fired.