Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Re: ok, I am REALY confused by the "Hey Beano" thread...

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
    possibilities are topdawg, soonerskies, wxguy

of course, this IP kind of eliminates zach y zach and i'm not sure why those other two would be trolls as they rarely post...

nat.nssl.noaa.gov
    i would have bet my paycheck that ghostofjas was our old friend LAS

i've posted that before - topdawg never wrote the way that ghost does/did

i aint buying it

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

I agree with jk on both points. And I also don't want to **** off a mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

people are agreeing with me lately.......its really wierd

my post count betrays me leavingthezoo's Avatar
    somewhere between normal and insane. NINSANE!
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    people are agreeing with me lately.......its really wierd
    i disagree.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member proud gonzo's Avatar
    vCash

maybe stan got a lobotomy in messico
    "I'm a mother****ing party all by myself."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by proud gonzo
    maybe stan got a lobotomy in messico
    I think he drank the water.

vCash

Maybe Chick is poisoning his mind. Or *gasp* stealing his man-essence! I think we need an intervention.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

stan had "man-essence"?

Who knew?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

i DO see stanley's point....the rule has to be black and white - no gray - of course thats just my own thought and it doesnt amount to a hill of beans when applied to how this website (of which i am just a guest) is run

i would agree with others that Stanley hasnt seemed like himself as of late, i have no idea the reason why.....

i'll shut up at this point before i **** off a mod..
    not taking any sides here, but I think the inferrence to why the playing field isn't so level is kinda the 'repeat offender' status now.

the playing field for Thunder wasn't so 'level' after his first ban, and the leash got shorter each time. I'm sure gdc will agree that his 'leash' has been shortened with successive bans as well.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D
    not taking any sides here, but I think the inferrence to why the playing field isn't so level is kinda the 'repeat offender' status now.

the playing field for Thunder wasn't so 'level' after his first ban, and the leash got shorter each time. I'm sure gdc will agree that his 'leash' has been shortened with successive bans as well.
    hmmm, well everybody's got a different perception - i'll forego posting my thoughts on the whole gdc issue

however, i dont think you can compare stanley to thunder......

vCash

Man, I'm really glad I missed most of the early board-drama.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

hmmm, well everybody's got a different perception - i'll forego posting my thoughts on the whole gdc issue

Yeah, Stan isn't half the golfer thunder is.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley1
    Ah, how convenient for you.

I'm not going to post them. Two reasons, 1) the spek comments by themselves doesn't tell the entire story, I'd then have to "explain" things that have been said in the past. I don't have the time or the energy to explain them right now, and 2) it doesn't matter what they say really. Fact is, you are "picking on me" b/c you are an admin, and you know I essentially can't defend myself. Why not just ignore me, unless I'm clearly breaking some rule and you need to step in as an admin? That isn't what you were doing with any of the latest 3 negs though, only trying to bait me into getting baned again, and you know it.
    Convenient for me in that I didn't threaten you in them. That was your premise, although you're changing it now.

1) You are correct in that they don't tell the entire story. I have a feeling that it will come out soon enough.
    2) Fact is, you have been breaking rules left and right. I asked you to cool it with JM because you didn't have any leash left to work with.

Dude, I don't have to bait you. You've been doing fine getting banned all on your own. You needn't a push from me. In fact, I want you to chill the heck out so that a ban isn't necessary.

I never said it was the last one that was nasty, did I?
    Can you please post the nasty one? I save all of my PMs and I just looked back through December 2004. I saw a grand total of 6 PMs to you. None of them were in the least bit nasty. Again, would you post the nasty one?

Again, I'm just asking for a level playing field. Don't let bri comment on my g/f, then delete my post and send me an ugly PM about mentioning the SSA thing. Don't let JM call me names, or talk about my family and/or life-style, and then send me another neg telling me to watch it b/c I mention his kid. Don't let lil call me every name in the book, then warn me for doing the same. And I'll repeat what I said earlier, I've never instigated a single thing with any of the above posters, only replied after their initial remarks. That is true in EVERY, SINGLE, CASE.
    Maybe you didn't instigate, but someone hits you with a spitball, you don't get to run over them with a truck. Recently, you've always been escalating the argument and you escalate WAY faster than anyone else. That's your downfall. If you could keep it in the spitball arena, you'd still be fine.

You want a level playing field, keep it on the field.

Lets discuss these "meltdowns".

1) I started a thread outing a troll. Yes, you heard it hear first. I never got a chance to defend myself, but since when is calling a straight man, pretending to be gay behind a troll handle, against the rules? GhostofJAS was, is, and always has been a troll. The only proof I can offer is this:

GhostOfJAS
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    Last Activity: 6/26/2006 11:16 PM

That is right. After that "argument" we had that lead to me being banned, two months ago almost to the day, he still hasn't logged back in. Why you ask? Because an admin figured out who he was (not suppose to post here), told him to knock it off, behind the scenes of course. I knew going into that night that he was a troll. So "meltdown" number 1 was for outing a troll. Excellent.
    Not a troll. Meltdown. Hate Speech . Whoever told you it was a troll didn't do their homework.
    2) I can take a joke as good as the next guy. For whatever reason, that has always been my little role on the board, and I was fine with.....so long as it stayed good natured. Fact is, on the night I got banned, a few posters that simply don't like me (Beano, bri, lil, rhino, JM, etc) started posting stuff that was a) against the rules, and b) not in good fun. They started attacking me personally, so I started "playing" back. I didn't say anything that they didn't say. I won't deny that I probably should have been baned. But if that was/is the case, there were about 5 other posters that should have been banned right along with me. I'll ask again, so it was okay on that night for bri to talk about my g/f, but not for me to talk about SSA? So it was okay for lil and rhino to call me names, start polls about me being a dweeb, etc, but not okay for me to do the same? I don't understand that. If you are saying that my last poll crossed the line, then I'd ask why I got warned for the before stuff, but nobody else did? If rhino's poll was in good humor, why couldn't mine have been?
    We all saw that. If you have any defense whatsoever, you're deluding yourself.
    3) I'm not sure what the other "meltdown" you were referring to was, unless you meant my latest post directed at you. I hardly consider it a "meltdown" though, just getting the facts out there in case you banned me again. Also not sure what the other banning you mentioned was. I'm aware of the JReed thing, but that was SEVERAL months ago, and was in good fun. We deserved the 3 day bannings, but comparing that to this is not fair, or correct. If you are talking about extending my banning b/c I had a troll handle, that is laughable. Your post on the board implied I was sneaking around the board doing things I shouldn't have been. Fact is, I've NEVER had a troll handle.
    SoonerScooter. Want me to post IP addresses?
    I've had Stanley1, which I've posted under since day 1, and I've had Stanley, which I've had for a long time, but only have about 3 posts as, I think. When Stanley1 was banned, I logged into Stanley to read the board. I didn't spek anybody, and the only time I used a feature that I was banned from using was to reply to ONE of Chick's PM's, just as fun. I had joked the night before to her that I could send/receive PM's, and everything else with that name, b/c it wasn't banned. She sent me one PM saying "like this", and I replied "yes". To Beano, that meant another 2 weeks or so in the hole. Good job.
    So there you have it.
    You don't have very good powers of recall over this whole thing.

Here were your bannings:

2 days for the GhostofJAS/LilSooner Meltdown. 2 additional days for posting as SoonerScooter immediately afterwards and the next day.

3 days for telling nmsoonergirl to "GO **** yourself" via reputation only 11 days after the previous ban.

30 days by Dean for the "have sex with rhino's mom" poll and various other escalations that day.

You're quickly losing credibility as far as I'm concerned. I'm probably not going to waste my time tracking down any other of your recollections unless you can produce some of this nastiness you so flippantly accuse me of.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

I considered adding LAS to the equation but wanted to stick with more recent activity. Still doesn't change the 'repeat offender' status that Stan finds himself in now.

Personally I think this is more about whatever external issues Stan has going on, but that's his business.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Stanley1's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beano's Fourth Chin
    Convenient for me in that I didn't threaten you in them. That was your premise, although you're changing it now.

1) You are correct in that they don't tell the entire story. I have a feeling that it will come out soon enough.
    2) Fact is, you have been breaking rules left and right. I asked you to cool it with JM because you didn't have any leash left to work with..
    Again, show me where I'm breaking a rule that isn't in response to someone else breaking the same rule. You can't do it.

Can you please post the nasty one? I save all of my PMs and I just looked back through December 2004. I saw a grand total of 6 PMs to you. None of them were in the least bit nasty. Again, would you post the nasty one?.
    I'm not going to put them in an open forum. They've been sent to the people that need to see them, and I don't have them all anyways, only the last couple. Nothing good can come from me putting them on here, but like I said, the people that need to see them have.

Maybe you didn't instigate, but someone hits you with a spitball, you don't get to run over them with a truck. Recently, you've always been escalating the argument and you escalate WAY faster than anyone else. That's your downfall. If you could keep it in the spitball arena, you'd still be fine.
    You want a level playing field, keep it on the field..
    At least that is a decent answer, though I don't think a correct one. Like I said, rhino and lil get away with calling me names now, names that would get anybody else banned. And I guess by "spitball" you mean not just coming out and saying it, but being "sneaky". Okay, I'll try that.

Not a troll. Meltdown. Hate Speech . Whoever told you it was a troll didn't do their homework.
    Actually you are wrong. Another mod has confirmed, as has the troll himself. If it isn't a troll, why hasn't he logged in ONCE since that night?

SoonerScooter. Want me to post IP addresses?
    Wasn't my troll. I was given the password that night, made 2 or 3 posts, and that was it. That handle has been around for a year or so, I didn't have the password until that night.

2 days for the GhostofJAS/LilSooner Meltdown. 2 additional days for posting as SoonerScooter immediately afterwards and the next day.
    Banned for outing a troll. Gotcha.

3 days for telling someone to "GO **** yourself" via reputation only 11 days after the previous ban.
    In response to her calling me a "SOB" and a "prick" via negspek. How come no warning for her? That is/was the double standard I was talking about.

30 days by Dean for the "have sex with rhino's mom" poll and various other escalations that day.
    Don't imply that I did anything else wrong that day. I complained to YOU and other mods all day that those threads were getting out of hand, and that you should lock them. You intentionally didn't lock them just so people could keep attacking me, that is FACT, you've admitted as much to me. And again, it was okay for rhino to start a thread pretty much asking which tv moron I was most like (in good fun I'm sure), but I can't jokingly start a thread about him mother? Seriously, I don't even know his mother, how could such a thread NOT be a joke?

You're quickly losing credibility as far as I'm concerned. I'm probably not going to waste my time tracking down any other of your recollections unless you can produce some of this nastiness you so flippantly accuse me of.
    And I told you, I'm not bringing that stuff public. The people that need to see them have. Nothing good would come from me posting those, and you know it. Just give you another reason to bane me, and I ain't having that.

vCash

I considered adding LAS to the equation but wanted to stick with more recent activity. Still doesn't change the 'repeat offender' status that Stan finds himself in now.
    But the "repeat offender" status isn't warranted, since all my blowups relate to the same thing. Like I said, I thought I was having fun outing a troll, then I got banned. Hardly the startings of a "thunder-like" existence.

But I'm glad you mention thunder, b/c that is a pretty good example for pg to look at. She is basically saying it is okay for all those people to say mean things about me on the board, but she about blew a gasket when she found out thunder was talking about her off the board.

Personally I think this is more about whatever external issues Stan has going on, but that's his business.
    I have no external issues. I'm happy as a lark outside of this board. And yea, I know the obvious question is "then why not stay away?" Trust me, if things don't get better, I will be. But this place used to be fun, and I still have friends here. I want it to work, but not so much so that I'll take some posters getting free run at my g/f, my life, and my family, without allowing me to stick up for myself.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member proud gonzo's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stanley1
    Again, show me where I'm breaking a rule that isn't in response to someone else breaking the same rule. You can't do it.
    so you're saying unless every single murderer in the entire world is convicted, we can't punish any of them?
    But the "repeat offender" status isn't warranted, since all my blowups relate to the same thing. Like I said, I thought I was having fun outing a troll, then I got banned. Hardly the startings of a "thunder-like" existence.

But I'm glad you mention thunder, b/c that is a pretty good example for pg to look at. She is basically saying it is okay for all those people to say mean things about me on the board, but she about blew a gasket when she found out thunder was talking about her off the board.
    actually I didn't, but thanks for trying. The things thunder did that bothered me are, ironically, rather similar to your behavior right now, only you're attacking Beano instead of me.
    "I'm a mother****ing party all by myself."

I'm not going to put them in an open forum. They've been sent to the people that need to see them, and I don't have them all anyways, only the last couple. Nothing good can come from me putting them on here, but like I said, the people that need to see them have.
    That's because there aren't any.
    Actually you are wrong. Another mod has confirmed, as has the troll himself. If it isn't a troll, why hasn't he logged in ONCE since that night?
    Ok, I may be wrong. There's that possibility. However, if this were mythbusters, I'd be willing to bet that this myth was 98% busted.

Wasn't my troll. I was given the password that night, made 2 or 3 posts, and that was it. That handle has been around for a year or so, I didn't have the password until that night.
    Well, you just said that you didn't do anything on the board that you were banned from except that one PM. I guess you misspoke again. Seems like you've been misspeaking a lot here tonight.
    Banned for outing a troll. Gotcha.
    Actually, the final nail was calling Lil a bitch. Outing of your troll was A straw.

In response to her calling me a "SOB" and a "prick" via negspek. How come no warning for her? That is/was the double standard I was talking about.
    Her actual reputation comment was this:
    I can't reply to the thread, but I'll reply here. You say stuff like this, but then your actions COMPLETELY contradict your statments. And you were a complete name calling jerk in this thread. Learn to live what you preach.
    Your response was this:
    Go **** yourself. That thread ended over a week ago, no need to attack me now. You like gay people, you be their friend, cause I sure as hell don't want to. You brought this on yourself. Stanley
    By the way. She did, indeed get a warning for that. She apologized and we've all moved on. Sounds enticing, no?

Don't imply that I did anything else wrong that day. I complained to YOU and other mods all day that those threads were getting out of hand, and that you should lock them. You intentionally didn't lock them just so people could keep attacking me, that is FACT, you've admitted as much to me. And again, it was okay for rhino to start a thread pretty much asking which tv moron I was most like (in good fun I'm sure), but I can't jokingly start a thread about him mother? Seriously, I don't even know his mother, how could such a thread NOT be a joke?
    I apologized to Chick for the way things went down via PM. I said that it's not fun watching someone lose it like that. I've never actually addressed any of my concerns of that even toward you. However, I'd be glad to post what I actually wrote in that pm to her so we could, indeed see what is a FACT.

And I told you, I'm not bringing that stuff public. The people that need to see them have. Nothing good would come from me posting those, and you know it. Just give you another reason to bane me, and I ain't having that.
    Nothing good for you, you mean, I do know that.. Nothing in those is private on my end. Feel free to post away. You're not posting them, though, because they don't exist.

Oh... AND YOU KNOW IT.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by proud gonzo
    so you're saying unless every single murderer in the entire world is convicted, we can't punish any of them?

As smart as you are, "debating" is not your strongsuit.

Comparing murder to breaking a rule on a message board doesn't work for TONS of reasons. The most obvious being, in every case where the mods "caught me breaking a rule", the other people were right there doing the same thing. It wasn't that they didn't (Beano) didn't see it, its that he turned his head the other way.

actually I didn't, but thanks for trying. The things thunder did that bothered me are, ironically, rather similar to your behavior right now, only you're attacking Beano instead of me.
    You didn't what? Blow a gasket? Funny, I was the one that broke the news to both you and your brother, and you were both steamed.

who are "the people that need to see them" and why didnt bruce ask them to hold the 2 thousand dollars for that bet?