Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Stanley1's Avatar
    vCash

Re: ok, I am REALY confused by the "Hey Beano" thread...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack
    We're on this thing called a message board on this here innerweb. When we post stuff about our personal life we have to understand that it's ALL FAIR GAME. That's why you'll notice I don't talk a lot about my personal life, because it's exactly that. I did however post my kids' pic in my avatar and started a thread and posted a few pics because I'm insanely proud of him and wanted to show him off. If you have an innerweb girlfriend and everybody knows about the relationship, guess what? You're gonna get sh*t about it. You know what else? You deserve it. Put your personal life out there and people will take liberties with it on the internet. It happens. Don't like it? Don't do it. It's not fair, but the fair comes once a year, it's in the fall. For Christ's sake get some thicker skin.

You don't seem to be understanding this. I'm okay with receiving **** from other posters. I am. But I damn well better be able to give the same **** from time to time. Right now, I'm not. bri can talk about Chick, but I can't mention SSA. You can talk about me and my life, but I can't talk about you kid (which is on the board btw). rhino and lil can call me names, but I can't return the favor.

Do you understand that, and why it makes me angry? Level playing field, either that stuff above is fair game, or it isn't. It can't be fair for one group of people, and not fair for me.

so who really is ghostofjas....i've always wondered, knew he was a troll though

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

We're on this thing called a message board on this here innerweb. When we post stuff about our personal life we have to understand that it's ALL FAIR GAME. That's why you'll notice I don't talk a lot about my personal life, because it's exactly that. I did however post my kids' pic in my avatar and started a thread and posted a few pics because I'm insanely proud of him and wanted to show him off. If you have an innerweb girlfriend and everybody knows about the relationship, guess what? You're gonna get sh*t about it. You know what else? You deserve it. Put your personal life out there and people will take liberties with it on the internet. It happens. Don't like it? Don't do it. It's not fair, but the fair comes once a year, it's in the fall. For Christ's sake get some thicker skin.
    spek.

And I can't wait to buy an OU pacci next weekend.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley1
    You don't seem to be understanding this. I'm okay with receiving **** from other posters. I am. But I damn well better be able to give the same **** from time to time. Right now, I'm not. bri can talk about Chick, but I can't mention SSA. You can talk about me and my life, but I can't talk about you kid (which is on the board btw). rhino and lil can call me names, but I can't return the favor.

Do you understand that, and why it makes me angry? Level playing field, either that stuff above is fair game, or it isn't. It can't be fair for one group of people, and not fair for me.
    I just don't get why you're in such a fu*king terrible mood all the time lately.

You've had a boulder sized chip on your shoulder the last few months, I'm certainly not the only one to notice it.

Show me one time where I was intentionally hurtful to you that wasn't some sort of horseing around.

vCash

I just don't get why you're in such a fu*king terrible mood all the time lately.

You've had a boulder sized chip on your shoulder the last few months, I'm certainly not the only one to notice it.

Show me one time where I was intentionally hurtful to you that wasn't some sort of horseing around.
    Why won't you answer my question? Why is it fair for everything that I mentioned to be said about me, but I get in trouble for reciprocating? You answer that, you answer your own question.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member proud gonzo's Avatar
    vCash

i think the whole "level playing field" thing is interesting. IMO you have a level playing field the moment you register on here and after that everything is in your hands and if you don't like it, don't come to the site. After that you don't really get another one--life doesn't have a reset button like a nintendo.
    "I'm a mother****ing party all by myself."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by proud gonzo
    i think the whole "level playing field" thing is interesting. IMO you have a level playing field the moment you register on here and after that everything is in your hands and if you don't like it, don't come to the site. After that you don't really get another one--life doesn't have a reset button like a nintendo.
    That makes ZERO sense in this discussion. I never said I was singled out from day 1. I've pointed out instances, several actually, of where posters are getting away with saying things about me, my family/life, and my g/f, yet when I say THE EXACT SAME THINGS back to them, I'm getting told to cut it out, and banned. Explain to me how that is fair?

vCash

um... because you're not the exact same people saying the exact same things and life isn't fair.

it makes perfect sense when I read it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by proud gonzo
    um... because you're not the exact same people saying the exact same things and life isn't fair.

it makes perfect sense when I read it.
    So some posters should be able to talk about other poster's family, g/f, personal life, etc.....but other posters shouldn't be allowed to do that?

Oh, yea.....that makes PERFECT SENSE now. So sorry.

I'm not saying everybody should be treated the EXACT same way. But to say that some people should be allowed to say the things they say, and others shouldn't, makes no sense. That is playing favorites, any way you look at it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Why won't you answer my question? Why is it fair for everything that I mentioned to be said about me, but I get in trouble for reciprocating? You answer that, you answer your own question.
    Kinda like in football when the player who retaliates often draws the 15 yarder? How the hell am I supposed to know what spins the gears of the mods around here? Do they play favorites? Prolly. Is that fair? No. It's just a message board though.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    so who really is ghostofjas....i've always wondered, knew he was a troll though
    possibilities are topdawg, soonerskies, wxguy

of course, this IP kind of eliminates zach y zach and i'm not sure why those other two would be trolls as they rarely post...

nat.nssl.noaa.gov

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

I've been banned for about 6 months now and I'm growing weary of it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sanantoniosooner
    troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

vCash

Why not just ignore me, unless I'm clearly breaking some rule and you need to step in as an admin?
    methinks you aren't really clear as to how this whole moderation thing works

vCash

Beano has banned me before. I didn't even know you were a mod.
    i have ninjers in my family

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sanantoniosooner
    IP Address Search for User: "sanantoniosooner"

are you sure you want to bring down the database?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
    I swear I'd laugh if I got it

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
    possibilities are topdawg, soonerskies, wxguy

of course, this IP kind of eliminates zach y zach and i'm not sure why those other two would be trolls as they rarely post...

nat.nssl.noaa.gov
    interesting

vCash

ok, now i'm really confused about THIS thread.

i DO see stanley's point....the rule has to be black and white - no gray - of course thats just my own thought and it doesnt amount to a hill of beans when applied to how this website (of which i am just a guest) is run

i would agree with others that Stanley hasnt seemed like himself as of late, i have no idea the reason why.....

i'll shut up at this point before i **** off a mod..