Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Stanley1's Avatar
    vCash

Re: ok, I am REALY confused by the "Hey Beano" thread...

Quote Originally Posted by mrowl
    so I am guessing if you pasted your spek log here, you would get banned?

lol.....knowing Beano, probably.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley1
    There are a few posters on the board that just follow me around making rude comments about me, my life, Chick, and my family.
    Hey!

I have NEVER said anything inappropriate about your family.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

Yes and no.

I wasn't mad at Beano for "negging" me. I don't even look at my spek number any more, so I really don't care about the "points". That said, Beano and I have a bit of a past on the board. He knows it. I know it. Everybody else knows it. Why I got ****ed has to do with WHAT Beano said to me in those negs. He was clearly trying to bait me into giving him a reason to bane me. As an admin, he SHOULD be above that. He knows what he said, and what his intent was. He also threatened me, without having reason in my opinion.

There are a few posters on the board that just follow me around making rude comments about me, my life, Chick, and my family. When I "report" them, my reports get ignored. I figure that means what they are saying is "fair game", so I reciprocate. I then get dirty emails from Beano about how I better "watch it". So basically, it is okay for bri to take shots at my "internet g/f", but I can't mention the SSA situation. It is okay for JM to call me a "bitch", amongst other things, but I can't "imply" that his kid is ugly. Its okay for lil to call me names, but God forbid I say ANYTHING bad about her.

I have NEVER attacked any of those people, EXCEPT when they attack me. And that won't change. It is that simple really.

In all seriousness . . . there are tons of people on this board and many others I visit that take what is posted here way to personally and act like it actually influences there daily lives way to much.

(Me included sometimes).

My advice to (me) and "those people" would be to just take "internet ramblings" for what they are. Stuff posted out here in innerweb land will not "hurt" you in any way shape or form. It may tick you off to no end and could possibly harm your reputation if you know folks personally, but really does it influence you that much?

Yes and no.

I wasn't mad at Beano for "negging" me. I don't even look at my spek number any more, so I really don't care about the "points". That said, Beano and I have a bit of a past on the board. He knows it. I know it. Everybody else knows it. Why I got ****ed has to do with WHAT Beano said to me in those negs. He was clearly trying to bait me into giving him a reason to bane me. As an admin, he SHOULD be above that. He knows what he said, and what his intent was. He also threatened me, without having reason in my opinion.

There are a few posters on the board that just follow me around making rude comments about me, my life, Chick, and my family. When I "report" them, my reports get ignored. I figure that means what they are saying is "fair game", so I reciprocate. I then get dirty emails from Beano about how I better "watch it". So basically, it is okay for bri to take shots at my "internet g/f", but I can't mention the SSA situation. It is okay for JM to call me a "bitch", amongst other things, but I can't "imply" that his kid is ugly. Its okay for lil to call me names, but God forbid I say ANYTHING bad about her.
    Let's take turns posting reputation comments Jer. You post one of mine and I'll post one of yours. We'll see who's out of line.

And while you're at it, I'd like to see these dirty emails I sent you. If you can produce a single one, I'll eat my monitor.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Yes and no.

I have NEVER attacked any of those people, EXCEPT when they attack me. And that won't change. It is that simple really.
    If I ever called you a bitch in a context other than a joking around, locker room kind of mentality and you got offended by it, I apologize.

I razzed you for skipping out on the basketball matchup because it was funny. You two were acting like innerweb tough guys and it was comical. For some reason you got your panties in a twist over it and decided I was stalking you. Yes, that is my goal, to go John Mark Karr on you. I have nothing better to do with my time. You should check your ego at the door when you show up here. If you haven't figured that out by now, you might wanna find a new message board.

As for my kid and what you said it was laughable. Your smack was weak. sauce. I got under your skin with the comments about the strip club and you couldn't come up with a reply so you went after my kid. That was so middle-school of you I actually laughed. I expected a momma joke, truth be told, but insinuating that my kid is ugly was so thin I think you deserve to be sent down to the minors for it.

Stan I'm not sure why you've been in such a pis*y mood as of late but it really is unbecoming.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

The problem is all of this angst and ire should be focused and directed at an appropriate target, such as Lid or Herr.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

I did my best to lighten the mood of the thread..........and failed

Quote Originally Posted by Beano's Fourth Chin
    Let's take turns posting reputation comments Jer. You post one of mine and I'll post one of yours. We'll see who's out of line.

And while you're at it, I'd like to see these dirty emails I sent you. If you can produce a single one, I'll eat my monitor.
    i dont think he's saying he hasnt been naughty, i think he's saying that you, as a moderator, should be above resorting to the same tactics...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

to be honest, he should be more ****ed at pg than beano unless i'm missing some inside jokes in what beano is saying.

which is entirely possible

vCash

I haven't left a dirty spek comment since I got unbanned, and the only neg I've even given was in fun with sanantoniosooner. On the other hand, you've negged me 3 times in the last 3 days, two of which were one minute apart which means you had to mess with the site settings, unless of course admin are already immune to the "spreadin" rule. I don't know. Either way, since my return, you've negged me 3 times, I've negged you, or anybody else for real, ZERO times.

I misspoke. You've never emailed me, I meant PM's. I asked for your email once so we could hash things out off the board, you declined. But you have sent me nasty and attacking PM's.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    i dont think he's saying he hasnt been naughty, i think he's saying that you, as a moderator, should be above resorting to the same tactics...

Yep, pretty much my point. Here I was, trying to behave upon my return, and Beano starts in on my again. Its a no win situation for me, him being an admin and all. I started that thread so that at least it was out there if he did bane me again. Level playing field, thats all I'm asking for. Again, if I can't talk about somebody's g/f, they shouldn't be allowed to comment on mine. If I can't talk about somebody's kid, they shouldn't be able to talk about my mother. I don't understand why a few people don't get this.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

he didn't bane you in the first place - dean did. and to be perfectly honest, he beat me to it (of course, i work with a scalpel so i was going to give you 3 days, dean works with a chainsaw and 2 sticks of dynamite so you got the long bane ). i sincerely doubt that beano or norm are ever going to bane you. however, if you keep up this stupid posting spree, dean is going to get annoyed and send you to the klink for another month.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
    he didn't bane you in the first place - dean did. and to be perfectly honest, he beat me to it (of course, i work with a scalpel so i was going to give you 3 days, dean works with a chainsaw and 2 sticks of dynamite so you got the long bane ). i sincerely doubt that beano or norm are ever going to bane you. however, if you keep up this stupid posting spree, dean is going to get annoyed and send you to the klink for another month.
    Beano has banned me before. I didn't even know you were a mod.

I haven't left a dirty spek comment since I got unbanned, and the only neg I've even given was in fun with sanantoniosooner. On the other hand, you've negged me 3 times in the last 3 days, two of which were one minute apart which means you had to mess with the site settings, unless of course admin are already immune to the "spreadin" rule. I don't know. Either way, since my return, you've negged me 3 times, I've negged you, or anybody else for real, ZERO times.
    Admins can leave an unlimited number of reputation comments.

I've invited you to post those since so much of your angst has been based on those. So far you've declined.

I misspoke. You've never emailed me, I meant PM's. I asked for your email once so we could hash things out off the board, you declined. But you have sent me nasty and attacking PM's.
    Heh.

The last PM I sent you was this one dated 7/17. It's right here:
    You need to rein it in a bit

I understand coming out swinging because of everyone picking on you, but some of that stuff is too personal and too offnesive.

Just a friendly suggestion.

What the heck has gotten into you?
    Dean banned you shortly after that for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by stanley1
    Yep, pretty much my point. Here I was, trying to behave upon my return, and Beano starts in on my again. Its a no win situation for me, him being an admin and all. I started that thread so that at least it was out there if he did bane me again. Level playing field, thats all I'm asking for. Again, if I can't talk about somebody's g/f, they shouldn't be allowed to comment on mine. If I can't talk about somebody's kid, they shouldn't be able to talk about my mother. I don't understand why a few people don't get this.
    I guess I missed the memo where someone with 3 meltdowns and 4 bans in the past 2 months gets a level playing field. Sorry, you're on the radar.

I also guessed I missed the memo that explains why someone would even want to talk about someone's g/f or kid. You're actually fighting for the right to do so?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member proud gonzo's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
    to be honest, he should be more ****ed at pg than beano unless i'm missing some inside jokes in what beano is saying.

which is entirely possible
    why the hell should he be ****ed at me?
    "I'm a mother****ing party all by myself."

Quote Originally Posted by proud gonzo
    why the hell should he be ****ed at me?
    I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you're not exactly easy to get along with.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

We're on this thing called a message board on this here innerweb. When we post stuff about our personal life we have to understand that it's ALL FAIR GAME. That's why you'll notice I don't talk a lot about my personal life, because it's exactly that. I did however post my kids' pic in my avatar and started a thread and posted a few pics because I'm insanely proud of him and wanted to show him off. If you have an innerweb girlfriend and everybody knows about the relationship, guess what? You're gonna get sh*t about it. You know what else? You deserve it. Put your personal life out there and people will take liberties with it on the internet. It happens. Don't like it? Don't do it. It's not fair, but the fair comes once a year, it's in the fall. For Christ's sake get some thicker skin.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member proud gonzo's Avatar
    vCash

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you're not exactly easy to get along with.

"I'm a mother****ing party all by myself."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Thank God that neg was for funs.

They can take me off suicide watch now.

vCash

Admins can leave an unlimited number of reputation comments.

I've invited you to post those since so much of your angst has been based on those. So far you've declined.?
    Ah, how convenient for you.

I'm not going to post them. Two reasons, 1) the spek comments by themselves doesn't tell the entire story, I'd then have to "explain" things that have been said in the past. I don't have the time or the energy to explain them right now, and 2) it doesn't matter what they say really. Fact is, you are "picking on me" b/c you are an admin, and you know I essentially can't defend myself. Why not just ignore me, unless I'm clearly breaking some rule and you need to step in as an admin? That isn't what you were doing with any of the latest 3 negs though, only trying to bait me into getting baned again, and you know it.

Heh.

The last PM I sent you was this one dated 7/17. It's right here:
    I never said it was the last one that was nasty, did I?

I also guessed I missed the memo that explains why someone would even want to talk about someone's g/f or kid. You're actually fighting for the right to do so?
    Again, I'm just asking for a level playing field. Don't let bri comment on my g/f, then delete my post and send me an ugly PM about mentioning the SSA thing. Don't let JM call me names, or talk about my family and/or life-style, and then send me another neg telling me to watch it b/c I mention his kid. Don't let lil call me every name in the book, then warn me for doing the same. And I'll repeat what I said earlier, I've never instigated a single thing with any of the above posters, only replied after their initial remarks. That is true in EVERY, SINGLE, CASE.

I guess I missed the memo where someone with 3 meltdowns and 4 bans in the past 2 months gets a level playing field. Sorry, you're on the radar.
    Lets discuss these "meltdowns".

1) I started a thread outing a troll. Yes, you heard it hear first. I never got a chance to defend myself, but since when is calling a straight man, pretending to be gay behind a troll handle, against the rules? GhostofJAS was, is, and always has been a troll. The only proof I can offer is this:

GhostOfJAS
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    Last Activity: 6/26/2006 11:16 PM

That is right. After that "argument" we had that lead to me being banned, two months ago almost to the day, he still hasn't logged back in. Why you ask? Because an admin figured out who he was (not suppose to post here), told him to knock it off, behind the scenes of course. I knew going into that night that he was a troll. So "meltdown" number 1 was for outing a troll. Excellent.

2) I can take a joke as good as the next guy. For whatever reason, that has always been my little role on the board, and I was fine with.....so long as it stayed good natured. Fact is, on the night I got banned, a few posters that simply don't like me (Beano, bri, lil, rhino, JM, etc) started posting stuff that was a) against the rules, and b) not in good fun. They started attacking me personally, so I started "playing" back. I didn't say anything that they didn't say. I won't deny that I probably should have been baned. But if that was/is the case, there were about 5 other posters that should have been banned right along with me. I'll ask again, so it was okay on that night for bri to talk about my g/f, but not for me to talk about SSA? So it was okay for lil and rhino to call me names, start polls about me being a dweeb, etc, but not okay for me to do the same? I don't understand that. If you are saying that my last poll crossed the line, then I'd ask why I got warned for the before stuff, but nobody else did? If rhino's poll was in good humor, why couldn't mine have been?

3) I'm not sure what the other "meltdown" you were referring to was, unless you meant my latest post directed at you. I hardly consider it a "meltdown" though, just getting the facts out there in case you banned me again. Also not sure what the other banning you mentioned was. I'm aware of the JReed thing, but that was SEVERAL months ago, and was in good fun. We deserved the 3 day bannings, but comparing that to this is not fair, or correct. If you are talking about extending my banning b/c I had a troll handle, that is laughable. Your post on the board implied I was sneaking around the board doing things I shouldn't have been. Fact is, I've NEVER had a troll handle. I've had Stanley1, which I've posted under since day 1, and I've had Stanley, which I've had for a long time, but only have about 3 posts as, I think. When Stanley1 was banned, I logged into Stanley to read the board. I didn't spek anybody, and the only time I used a feature that I was banned from using was to reply to ONE of Chick's PM's, just as fun. I had joked the night before to her that I could send/receive PM's, and everything else with that name, b/c it wasn't banned. She sent me one PM saying "like this", and I replied "yes". To Beano, that meant another 2 weeks or so in the hole. Good job.

So there you have it.