Re: Don't marry a career woman

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack
    Or when they're breathing even.
    exactly

SoonerFans.com Elite Member proud gonzo's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    well, i dont know what you draw your experience from, but from my very own perspective, the school years had a much bigger impact on how my kids turned out...i'm sure everybody is different
    um... because basically all of the child development research i've heard about says the formative years are the first 5
    "I'm a mother****ing party all by myself."

vCash

yeah, i was reading, starting math, etc... before i started school

lots of people say that even breastfeeding is important in development of a child, that's (usually anyway) way before school starts

and i'm still waiting for Dean to show up on this one

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hamhock's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Kitten
    My rebuttal is basically go screw yourself. I don't feel morally compelled to justify myself to some schmo on a message board.

Holy moley!

I apologize if I've offended you. That truly wasn't my motive. I am sincerely interested in the logical rationale that people use to justify that daycare is best for their kids. I was not asking you to justify your personal actions. I was hoping to understand a person's reasons behind doing this. Instead, all I got from you was an emotional outburst.

Again, my apologies for offending you.
    heh.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tiptonsooner
    That was right to the junk!! I bet he still can't breath.

I hope the time it took to come up with this insightful post didn't keep you from having dinner on the table when your wife got home from work.

heh.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

It ain't all that simple. Mrs. Dad is a career woman, still working and loving it. When our first was born, she put her professional career on hold in favor of being a full-time mom and didn't return to the workplace till our second was in school.

We were lucky because we could afford that arrangement. Lots of folks can't. Whether your child is at home, in daycare, or at school, parents still have a huge impact on their values -- and the huge responsibility that comes with that.

I've seen plenty of working couples raise fine kids, just as I've seen plenty of stay-at-home moms (and dads) screw up their offspring beyond hope.

To me it ain't whether you're a working parent or not. It's whether you work at parenting or not. Big difference. Just one old dude's opinion. By the way, I think our kids turned out great -- we will be leaving this Earth a better place for having brought them into it.

End of rant - back to the old fart clique for me.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

I don't know how things will play out when we have kids, but I bet my wife makes a ****load more than hamhock.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OCUDad

We were lucky because we could afford that arrangement. Lots of folks can't.
    I disagree. I know several families with a single, blue collar income that make it work because it is important to them.

So many times, "can't afford it" means "Have to have two car payments, kids have to have Nike baseball cleats, etc."

Quote Originally Posted by OCUDad
    I've seen plenty of working couples raise fine kids, just as I've seen plenty of stay-at-home moms (and dads) screw up their offspring beyond hope.
    I don't disagree. I wonder what the statistics say? Seriously, I do. I wonder if there are any studies that measure kids of stay-at-home moms vs. working moms.
    heh.

I had everything planned out: I was going to be the best stay at home dad in the world - take care of things around the house - the whole sixty-nine yards. then my wife screwed it all up and had a kid. man am i depressed.

vCash

My childcare activities were going to include the history of Oklahoma Football, surfing and Modern Rock starting with the New romantic movement.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LilSooner's Avatar
    vCash

You guys are missing the point of the freaking article. Yes, there was a small snippet about how we are so cruel as to not give our men the children they so rightly deserve. Basically, if you want to read into it the article said that, "career" women are imorral, selfish beings.

You all make me cranky.
    "Yea, and the shins of the wicked were smote."-Lil 22:18

and behold I looked in the sky, and saw a rider on a pale horse, the rider's name was death, and Lil Sooner followed after,....Revalations

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Oh, give it a rest. Most of us couldn't even SEE the fricking article. With that bad attitude, you probably shouldn't have kids whether or not you are a career woman.

vCash

Yeah, this dike is on the rag!!!

Soonerinabilene

party pooper
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LilSooner
    You guys are missing the point of the freaking article. Yes, there was a small snippet about how we are so cruel as to not give our men the male children they so rightly deserve. Basically, if you want to read into it the article said that, women are imorral, selfish beings.

You all make me cranky.

fixed

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BoogercountySooner's Avatar
    vCash

I'm Married to a career woman that makes 30K more than I do and I make a good salary. We have 3 kids and they got almost all of our nonworking attention when they were growing up. They need to know that you love them and you must show them.

Just sayin!
    Booger Kills Deer and eatsem!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LilSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron
    Yeah, this dike is on the rag!!!

You sir are a Jerk.
    "Yea, and the shins of the wicked were smote."-Lil 22:18

and behold I looked in the sky, and saw a rider on a pale horse, the rider's name was death, and Lil Sooner followed after,....Revalations

vCash

YOU, she-devil, deserve it!
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Patches always tells it like it is...

vCash

Dayum folks its simple
    Don't marry . Don't have kids ! live happily ever after
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

Is that the old hag from Cagney and Lacey?
    Posse resident guru on police brutality, Lady Gaga and lawnmower repair parts