vCash

Going to the Senate Ag hearings tomorrow

in Grand Island, Nebraska. Should be interesting, and I will get to hear lots o' farmers b***h. This will be the first hearing since Doha collasped, and it should be interesting to see if cash is still going to get tossed around like it has in the past, or their will be a push for reductions even with the collaspe of the Doha round.(Probably depends on how competive the Democrats are in farm belt races)
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

vCash

Re: Going to the Senate Ag hearings tomorrow

I enjoyed my self at the hearing, and got to eat a prime rib lunch courtesy of special interests with Senator Chambliss of Georgia who is the chairman of the commitee. It was a true learning experience, and I found out there are still Lyndon Larouche supporters out there.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

isn't Larouche in jail?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by King Crimson
    isn't Larouche in jail?
    I think he's out now.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Wheat prices suck. Hay is high if there was any. Cattle high. But can't keep due to no hay. Cotton decent if had any but drought killed it. But the politicians keep calling, wanting me to give more money to education. glad I have a second job.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by walkoffsooner
    Wheat prices suck. Hay is high if there was any. Cattle high. But can't keep due to no hay. Cotton decent if had any but drought killed it. But the politicians keep calling, wanting me to give more money to education. glad I have a second job.
    HRW Wheat is at 5 year highs and above the target prices. Corn prices and bean prices are much worse than wheat prices, Milo isn't much better. That is partly fueling the profits in beef and hogs, but dairying is 2 dollars below breakevens.

vCash

How about fertilizer prices. Compared to wheat being up. I look for profit being up not prices. Irrigation electric bill 750.00 per circle

vCash

How about fertilizer prices. Compared to wheat being up. I look for profit being up not prices. Irrigation electric bill 750.00 per circle
    There up to, but you were b*****g about wheat prices, those are as good as they are going to be. If people had any sort of yield and marketing planthey should turn a profit this year on HRW. The HRS folks are the ones who have it hard.

vCash

Is talking called bitching where you are from? Are you a farmer or just educated?

vCash

Is talking called bitching where you are from? Are you a farmer or just educated?
    Both.

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

Stupid - The Long Winters

Edit: I can't believe I did this.
    "And the truth is that no circumstance can ever defeat us unless we let it... Resilience in the face of failure is a manifestation of the mind..." -Wayne Coyne

vCash

So you are a bitcher and a farmer? Get in line

vCash

So you are a bitcher and a farmer? Get in line
    Yep. In my price demand class this spring, one of the non-Ag folks asked the professor if there was ever a time that farmers weren't b******g, and he replied once, for a couple of months in 1973. Of course a lot of the time it's justified, but there is a lot of reverse bragging in there too. Of course, my main interests are cattle, so I can't complain too much right now. But that will change soon enough.

vCash

Are you saying to sell?

vCash

Are you saying to sell?
    Not right away, but the long term trends are bearish. Of course drought will hold things at the top of the cycle. All signs point to cattle be lower this time next year, by how much I don't know.