Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Former USMC Corpsmen around here...

Can you answer a question for me about proper mode of address?

For whatever reason, I've always been under the impression that you didn't call Marines soldiers. Is this correct?

No disrespect inteded whatsoever. I just wanted for my own personal clarification.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Re: Former USMC Corpsmen around here...

correct, you only refer to enlisted members of the US Army as "soldiers"

members of the Corps are always "marine(s)"

and i believe that corpsmen is a reference to a navy medic.....you wouldnt ever refer to a former or current marine as corpsman unless he held that specific job

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Thanks, jk. That's what I thought.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    members of the Corps are always "marine(s)"
    also, there is no such thing as a "former Marine" ('cept for Lee Harvey Oswald for whom my Leatherneck buds make a specific exception)
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

5. 8/13/2006, 05:10 PM

SoonerFans.com Elite Member fadada1's Avatar
    vCash

ummm, yeah.... i was a squid.
    I don’t know if the block on that last one was due to low trajectory or if the guys up front didn’t hold their ground well enough. I’m not convinced it matters. We have every reason to believe the ball could have gone through the uprights and the refs would have signaled first down Oregon. - D.E.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AlbqSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I knew two brothers who went into the service in 1967. One went to the marines and became a helicopter pilot. The other went to the Air Force and became a hospital corpsman.

One was referred to as "Airman" and the other was referred to as "Corpsman".
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.

vCash

I was just called grunt . or boonie humper
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KABOOKIE's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    correct, you only refer to enlisted members of the US Army as "soldiers"

members of the Corps are always "Marine(s)"

and i believe that corpsmen is a reference to a navy medic.....you wouldnt ever refer to a former or current marine as corpsman unless he held that specific job

Fixed.