SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Question for cat ******-*******s

Our cat is sleek.

Daughter left her non-sleek cat with us for the semester because what with football season and sorority doings she will be very busy 'til Thanksgiving anyway and our cats became good buds over the summer and it seemed a shame to split them up.

Anyhoo, that said, her cat is getting fat. Our cat isn't because she just doesn't eat much anyway.

Question in three parts:
    1) If sleek cat "A" free-feeds, how do you keep fat cat "B" from bogarting on cat "A's" food?

2) Is it possible not to free-feed cats. IOW, the dog eats once a day. Can you feed cats like that too?

3) If we buy special fat cat food for cat "B" and the already skinny cat "A" eats it will she evaporate?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Re: Question for cat ******-*******s

Hah, your dog eats once a day.

Hell, all poor Winston does is eat and sleep. I've never seen a dog in my life that will eat like Winston does and he can smell and sense food from 10 miles away. If I feed him once a day he brings his food dish to me and starts hitting my leg with his paw. And then I feel like I'm being abusive.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    Our cat is sleek.

Daughter left her non-sleek cat with us for the semester because what with football season and sorority doings she will be very busy 'til Thanksgiving anyway and our cats became good buds over the summer and it seemed a shame to split them up.

Anyhoo, that said, her cat is getting fat. Our cat isn't because she just doesn't eat much anyway.

Question in three parts:
    1) If sleek cat "A" free-feeds, how do you keep fat cat "B" from bogarting on cat "A's" food?

Other than locking B in the bathroom all day, you don't.

2) Is it possible not to free-feed cats. IOW, the dog eats once a day. Can you feed cats like that too?

Yes. Steve's on a diet and only gets a half-cup of food in the morning and at night.

3) If we buy special fat cat food for cat "B" and the already skinny cat "A" eats it will she evaporate?

No, the special food should be nutritionally adequate. Also, get something to exercice cat A. May I suggest a laser pointer?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Suggestions made.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Separate rooms for the the cats for feeding.

Take fat cat for walks on a leash and video it. Funny stuff.
    posse member

vCash

Thanks. I think the free-feeding will cease and I'll buy some fat cat food.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

let cat A and B play in traffic. problem solved.

YWIA
    When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by afs
    let cat A and B play in traffic. problem solved.

YWIA
    Cat A would gladly but cat B is afraid of the outdoors.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Homey, alot of it is genetic. Some cats are wide recievers and some cats are offensive linemen. Can fat cat block?
    posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    Cat A would gladly but cat B is afraid of the outdoors.
    let cat b play in the garage while you tune the lawn-mower?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Flagstaffsooner
    Homey, alot of it is genetic. Some cats are wide recievers and some cats are offensive linemen. Can fat cat block?
    No, but she appears to be a pretty capable downfield linebacker.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mrowl
    let cat b play in the garage while you tune the lawn-mower?
    I use messicans for lawn-mowage.

party pooper
    vCash

put Cat A's food in a room locked with a combination lock.

don't tell anyone else the combination except cat A.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

ttt
    When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.