Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nanimonai's Avatar
    vCash

Airport security at its finest

Ok, so we're confiscating liquids from people because they may be explosive and unstable,then mixing them all together in the damned trash can right there in the line!

Brilliant!
    clever signature

Re: Airport security at its finest

i dont see the electronic devices there to set them off, nor the other liquid that had to be mixed in mid flight

Brewmaster

vCash

My question is this: how many terrorist attempts have been stopped because of TSA screening procedures? I'm willing to bet it's a big fat zero, or else it would have been all over the news in a "See? It actually works!" press conference from the White House. All the foiled terrorist plots are either being foiled in other countries before they get here or are being foiled by some sort of intelligence agency.

Now, I'm not trying to say that we don't need security protocols in our airports. I just think idiotic knee-jerk reactions like this are counter-productive, and we'd be better off spending our time to increase intelligence-based efforts to find terrorists before hey even get to the airport.
    ... that's not food.

vCash

I can't believe they haven't done this sooner.

The public should get used to it IMO.

There's way to many people in the World that wouldn't blink an eye, killing you or anyone in your family.

The explosion proof cargo containers like Israel has, are also a good idea.

intelligence is what supports what the TSA does,

i think alot of people forget what TSA represents

they are a VISIBLE BARRIER

its like a military installation - they have road blocks, etc set up at the gate...but truly if the jihadists want to get an explosive laden 18 wheeler and drive thru the gate.....they can do it

nothing is impenetrable....the TSA is there for a reason and they serve the purpose they are there for, very well i might add

the intelligence community is what feeds information to them ....it comes down in a raw form via message traffic and some head honcho at the TSA says "confiscate ANY liquid"

spend more on intel before they get there? THEY STOPPED THEM...the system worked for crying out loud........you've got to confirm your suspicions before you make an arrest......the british intelligence and police have been watching these folks as closely as can be for weeks, they had every move in sight, every conversation recorded, every purchase noted....

ok, personally i dont want the TSA folks having any discretion whatsoever during a time like this (high alert)....."oh she looks like a sweet old lady, she can carry on hers"

the rules are made for every single traveler, not just those that look or act a certain way

tell you what, how bout we totally get rid of the TSA.....that make you feel better? or better yet.....suggest a better idea/solution

love to hear it

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    i dont see the electronic devices there to set them off, nor the other liquid that had to be mixed in mid flight
    but his arguement doesn't work when you say this!

i just dont get all the TSA bashing...sure they're an easy target for jokes, they **** us off.....but truly, they're trying to protect every one of us when we fly or are at the airport

TSA is MUCH more than just the baggage screeners, its an organization that goes way beyond that

vCash

love to hear it
    Xray people too.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member mrowl's Avatar
    vCash

i just dont get all the TSA bashing...sure they're an easy target for jokes, they **** us off.....but truly, they're trying to protect every one of us when we fly or are at the airport

TSA is MUCH more than just the baggage screeners, its an organization that goes way beyond that
    and they have improved the wait times by huge amounts in the airports I frequent. good jorb.

vCash

It just seems kind of silly to just carelessly toss everyone's liquid into a trash can right there if you honeslty think there's a chance some could be explosive.

They're basically just screaming "this is just for show!"
    clever signature

Quote Originally Posted by nanimonai
    It just seems kind of silly to just carelessly toss everyone's liquid into a trash can right there if you honeslty think there's a chance some could be explosive.

no, they're basically just screaming "hey haji, find another way, because we're on to the one you were about to use"

look, they know that 99.9 % of everything they had thrown away today was perfectly safe........but whats the alternative?

can we say for sure that there isnt a US based cell waiting to use the same tactic?

they see this on the news and "well crap, that wont work, back to the drawing board"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Newbomb Turk's Avatar
    vCash

people will bitch when they are inconvenienced...if it's for their own good or not.

vCash

I'm not saying they should not be confiscating people's liquids and whatnot. I just found their disposal methods to be humorous.
    clever signature

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nanimonai

They should carefully place every tube of toothpaste and Preparation H in individual 3 foot thick lead boxes then truck each one of them to an isolated area and detonate them. That's the only safe way.

vCash

Did you ever think they might be actually watching the people who actually throw out their stuff without making a big deal about it?

They are profiling everyone.

I can't believe we don't have face recognition systems in place too after hearing that the terrorists had flight manifests with passenger names.

These guys are trying everything they can do to mess with us.

If the kill us. They are Kings.

If they cost us money or upset our lives...they win.

I'm getting concerned about the potential number of wackos already in the US. The Brits may have been on to these guys but these folks were living in Britain.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup
    I'm getting concerned about the potential number of wackos already in the US. The Brits may have been on to these guys but these folks were living in Britain.

That's why I'm still so incredulous at the total lack of attention to border security. Makes me nervous sitting here a couple of hours from a wide open Mexican border. Who knows how many are already in this country, but I envision a day when 100 McDonald's blow up across the country at the same moment.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup
    Did you ever think they might be actually watching the people who actually throw out their stuff without making a big deal about it?

They are profiling everyone.

I can't believe we don't have face recognition systems in place too after hearing that the terrorists had flight manifests with passenger names.

These guys are trying everything they can do to mess with us.

If the kill us. They are Kings.

If they cost us money or upset our lives...they win.

There is another more efficient way: No Muslims are allowed to fly on US carriers or in domestic airspace

Unfortunately, I don't think the boys over at the ACLU would take too kindly to that.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

I'm so glad it'll be a while before I have to fly again . . .

vCash

It's the Canadian border you really have to worry about. An Islamic,Middle Eastern guy would stick out like a sore thumb in Mexico. Canada on the other hand welcomes anyone who wants to come in with unquestioning, open arms.
    There are rural places on the US/Canada border with NO checkpoints.
    You just drive right on across.
    clever signature

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag
    That's why I'm still so incredulous at the total lack of attention to border security. Makes me nervous sitting here a couple of hours from a wide open Mexican border. Who knows how many are already in this country, but I envision a day when 100 McDonald's blow up across the country at the same moment.
    A McSplosion if you will