Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Geekboy's Avatar
    vCash

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Aren't these lovely people?

We knowingly engage in activities that we know will result in the loss of innocent life, so are we any better?
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt
    We knowingly engage in activities that we know will result in the loss of innocent life, so are we any better?
    Give me a ****ing break. Apples and oranges...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
    When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Give me a ****ing break. Apples and oranges...
    I agree. One kid losing an arm is better than an errant bomb falling on a hospital, or a wrongly-convicted person getting executed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

I agree. One kid losing an arm is better than an errant bomb falling on a hospital, or a wrongly-convicted person getting executed.
    Yes, it is better, but they have nothing to do with each other in the point he was trying to make.

WTF!! thats messed up.
    If there is one thing the Trojans are good at, it's protection.

Quote Originally Posted by afs
    Gotta be kiddin me right
    If there is one thing the Trojans are good at, it's protection.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by afs
    Heh...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BlackShirtBeast
    Gotta be kiddin me right

do Muslim countries have to deal with over crowding prisons?

what works for one doesn't always work for the other.
    When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Dio's Avatar
    vCash

So, should Hezbollah be able to bomb Israeli civilians at will, then fall back and hide behind Lebanese civilians and get away with it? And please name one person who was wrongly executed using the current death penalty system-not looking for Jim Crow era lynchings, etc.
    "ESPN and Texas are now one and the same." -Stewart Mandel

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nanimonai's Avatar
    vCash

It's extremely confusing why the neoliberals have taken up the cause of fundamentalist Islam.
    clever signature

vCash

How do you know that child was hurt?

Maybe it was their idea of Islam's Funniest Home Videos.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

There is basically two types of Non-Islamic people in my opinion. Those that think all Islamic people should die(Ann Coulter). And those that think all Islamic people should be watched very closely.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Yes, it is better, but they have nothing to do with each other in the point he was trying to make.
    They've got everything to do with each other. First of all, there's about a 10% chance those photos aren't fake, but let's assume that they're real. If Al Jazeera had shown pictures of the body of that same kid being carried by his screaming mother out of a smoking building hit by a missile from a Predator, the reaction would be at best a shrug and at worst a "good riddance". For the record, my reaction would fall somewhere in that range depending on my mood. Given the big doings in London today it would be pretty close to "good riddance".

As far as crime and punishment goes, if that kid had been stealing bread from a New Orleans grocery story post-Katrina some of the same people crying crocodile tears for him now would have advocated that he be shot by the National Guard.

vCash

As far as crime and punishment goes, if that kid had been stealing bread from a New Orleans grocery story post-Katrina some of the same people crying crocodile tears for him now would have advocated that he be shot by the National Guard.
    That's the oddest piece of supposed logic I've heard in a long time.

I don't think I could advocate anybody being shot for stealing food and for trying to eat and survive.

Crashing into a store to steal televisions and stereo is another thing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Dio
    So, should Hezbollah be able to bomb Israeli civilians at will, then fall back and hide behind Lebanese civilians and get away with it?
    Israel should be able to kill Lebanese civillians all day long in the interest of protecting Israeli civillians. That's what being a nation state is all about. They'd better not try to claim moral superiority, though. I'm pretty sure that God doesn't distinguish between little Yakob getting blown up on the way to temple and little Habib getting blown up on the way to mosque.

I have zero problem with our military being sent to kill people before they kill me, even if it means innocent people get killed by mistake. But I don't live in Pub Fantasyland, so I don't have to delude myself into thinking that we're doing God's work or something. I'm pretty sure God doesn't pump his fist every time we call in a fire mission on some Ay-rab village. In fact, he's probably looking down at all this and shaking his head at what a bunch of focktards the human race is and considering which specied is going to take the reins next.

Dolphins would certainly benefit by a world in which all the ice had melted due to global warming.

And please name one person who was wrongly executed using the current death penalty system-not looking for Jim Crow era lynchings, etc.
    Off the top of my head I can't, but I'm certain if it hasn't happened already it will at some point. I wholeheartedly support the death penalty...as long as we're 110% sure we've got the right person. There are many, many death penalty convictions which aren't so cut and dried. There was a story on 60 Minutes or something a few years ago about a man on death row in Texas. He was convicted before the age of DNA evidence, but examination of crime scene evidence showed that his DNA was nowhere to be found. He was not eligible for an appeal because there were no procedural errors during his conviction. The arresting sheriff countered that just because his DNA wasn't on the evidence doesn't mean he wasn't there. He had a point, but are we as a society willing to take that chance with somebody's life? I would hope not.
    Last edited by mdklatt; 8/10/2006 at 08:05 PM.

vCash

In fact, he's probably looking down at all this and shaking his head at what a bunch of focktards the human race is and considering which specied is going to take the reins next.
    Now this logic I'm on board with!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Geekboy
    I don't think I could advocate anybody being shot for stealing food and for trying to eat and survive.
    At the very least there were people taking a "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

I wonder what they would have done with Bomar!
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene