Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jerk's Avatar
    vCash

"Faux News" says Leiberman losing

Wow!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable!

The moonbats really are in charge now.

They'll never win a national election if they keep going in this direction.

They're going further left than Hugo Chavez and Jane Fonda.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Fred Bastiat

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

Re: "Faux News" says Leiberman losing

Yep, you are right, but now watch McCain and Guillani get steamrolled by the Republicans

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf_The_Grey
    Yep, you are right, but now watch McCain and Guillani get steamrolled by the Republicans
    Correct.

i think hardliners from both parties are really afraid of moderates, they dont know how to handle the situation....i would guess they feel they need to distance themselves from the center simply so they arent confused/accused of looking like the other side

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

It looks like Cynthia McKinney is losing her runoff for the primaries as well. I hope like crazy that she loses....

vCash

She's losing by 16 pts. I'd say it definitely looks that way.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

i think it's pretty interesting to see *state local populations* vote not for the establishment appointed candidate but another candidate.

that might even be called democracy. or at least attention to one's own matters and not the TV star system of pols and talking heads.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
    She's losing by 16 pts. I'd say it definitely looks that way.
    At least some sanity reigns in the Democratic Party.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

The most awesome thing about the McKinney thing is that she can't say "it is because I am black.." Guess what...you got beat by a black guy!!! And you know damm well if some white guy beat her..Jesse Jackson would be up in arms!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Lieberman will win the Senate seat again come Nov. I think the Repubs in CT will vote for him, knowing the Repub. candidate won't win.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk
    Wow!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable!

The guy flips the bird at his party (by threatening to run as an independent if he's not nominated) and you're suprised that his party flips him the bird back?

He wins this if he doesn't threaten to run as an independent and he makes the comments about the emergency contraception issue with a little more tact.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk
    Wow!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable!

They'll never win a national election if they keep going in this direction.

They're going further left than Hugo Chavez and Jane Fonda.
    But Lieberman said Lamont was too right wing for the Democratic nomination. So Connecticut is moving to the center per Lieberman. So all you right wingers rejoice that you're getting one closer to your side of the aisle.
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    -Marshall McLuhan

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

His party had been flipping him the bird for awhile just for having the audacity to support the end goal of the Iraq War.

Well as Lanny Davis points out...

I came to believe that we liberals couldn't possibly be so intolerant and hateful, because our ideology was famous for ACLU-type commitments to free speech, dissent and, especially, tolerance for those who differed with us. And in recent years--with the deadly combination of sanctimony and vitriol displayed by the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter and Michael Savage--I held on to the view that the left was inherently more tolerant and less hateful than the right.

Now, in the closing days of the Lieberman primary campaign, I have reluctantly concluded that I was wrong. The far right does not have a monopoly on bigotry and hatred and sanctimony. Here are just a few examples (there are many, many more anyone with a search engine can find) of the type of thing the liberal blog sites have been posting about Joe Lieberman:

• "Ned Lamont and his supporters need to [g]et real busy. Ned needs to beat Lieberman to a pulp in the debate and define what it means to be an AMerican who is NOT beholden to the Israeli Lobby" (by "rim," posted on Huffington Post, July 6, 2006).
    • "Joe's on the Senate floor now and he's growing a beard. He has about a weeks growth on his face. . . . I hope he dyes his beard Blood red. It would be so appropriate" (by "ctkeith," posted on Daily Kos, July 11 and 12, 2005).

• On "Lieberman vs. Murtha": "as everybody knows, jews ONLY care about the welfare of other jews; thanks ever so much for reminding everyone of this most salient fact, so that we might better ignore all that jewish propaganda [by Lieberman] about participating in the civil rights movement of the 60s and so on" (by "tomjones," posted on Daily Kos, Dec. 7, 2005).

• "Good men, Daniel Webster and Faust would attest, sell their souls to the Devil. Is selling your soul to a god any worse? Leiberman cannot escape the religious bond he represents. Hell, his wife's name is Haggadah or Muffeletta or Diaspora or something you eat at Passover" (by "gerrylong," posted on the Huffington Post, July 8, 2006).

• "Joe Lieberman is a racist and a religious bigot" (by "greenskeeper," posted on Daily Kos, Dec. 7, 2005).

And these are some of the nicer examples.
    Not to mention, a blogger over at the HuffPo (who used to work on several projects with Ned Lamont) decided to photoshop blackface onto a photo of Lieberman standing with President Bush.

He wins if he doesn't threaten to run as an independent? No, he wins if he tows the Kossack/Hatrios/HuffPo liberal party line of "the War in Iraq is bad."
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GrapevineSooner
    His party had been flipping him the bird for awhile just for having the audacity to support the end goal of the Iraq War.
    Meh, when has a bunch of random dudes on the internet constitute a whole political party flipping the bird at someone? Many major Dems came out and supported Lieberman. The party tried to convince Lamont not to run. The party supported him.

The voters didn't. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by GrapevineSooner
    He wins if he doesn't threaten to run as an independent? No, he wins if he tows the Kossack/Hatrios/HuffPo liberal party line of "the War in Iraq is bad."
    That's true, but only because without that issue, Lamont has no issue to run on. Lieberman lost by less than 4%. He wins if he doesn't flip his base the bird. And his campaign screw-ups in the last few weeks didn't help either.

Lamont got in the race with the Iraq issue; Lieberman lost it by his own actions during the campaign.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf_The_Grey
    The most awesome thing about the McKinney thing is that she can't say "it is because I am black.." Guess what...you got beat by a black guy!!! And you know damm well if some white guy beat her..Jesse Jackson would be up in arms!
    But he'll prolly be labeled, "Uncle Tom"
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Vaevictis
    The guy flips the bird at his party (by threatening to run as an independent if he's not nominated) and you're suprised that his party flips him the bird back?

He wins this if he doesn't threaten to run as an independent and he makes the comments about the emergency contraception issue with a little more tact.
    actually Lieberman has been getting flipped the bird by his own party...even to the extent that Tuba's favorite moveon.org threw everything they had into supporting his opponent. Including running ads for the last few weeks that ended with a State of the Union address by Bush where at the end I guess Bush kissed Lieberman on the cheek (so the news source said) and freeze framing it there. Clearly an agenda of showing that Lieberman is too close to the Administration, therefore cannot be trusted by liberals.

I'm completely for him running as an independant. I really wish more moderates would do that or form a legitimate 3rd party.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D
    actually Lieberman has been getting flipped the bird by his own party...even to the extent that Tuba's favorite moveon.org threw everything they had into supporting his opponent. Including running ads for the last few weeks that ended with a State of the Union address by Bush where at the end I guess Bush kissed Lieberman on the cheek (so the news source said) and freeze framing it there. Clearly an agenda of showing that Lieberman is too close to the Administration, therefore cannot be trusted by liberals.

I'm completely for him running as an independant. I really wish more moderates would do that or form a legitimate 3rd party.
    Yep! same here. I think what he said this am had merit. He's tired of partisanship getting in the way of getting things done. He stated he's in DC for his constituents and the country, not the DNP. That is something that could polarize a lot of voters in Conn to swing his way. The whole Rep primary was of little note. I think Lieberman could get about 20% of the GOP vote in the general election along with disenfranchised Dems that are tired of the Dean/Hillary rhetoric.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

if this independent bid for his senate seat fails, any chance at a presidential run is DOOMED

personally i think he'd be better off fading back a bit and waiting for a run next year

vCash

I think it tells a lot that the first thing LaNut does after beating Leiberman is call to cut and run from Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaTuba
    I think it tells a lot that the first thing LaNut does after beating Leiberman is call to cut and run from Iraq.
    mark my words, that will be a major plank in the democratic presidential nominee's platform