Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 I_SMELL_FEAR's Avatar
    standing with one foot in the grave and one foot on a banana peel
    vCash

Flaming Lips + Tripping Daisy = Freaky

Is there 2 lead singers that sound more alike than Tim Delaughter (Tripping Daisy) and Wayne Coyne (Flaming Lips)?

I have been on the Tripping Daisy train since it left the station, but I am embarassingly late to the Flaming Lips party. Other than She Dont use Jelly, I have not heard a lot of them...but it is freaky how close they sound on most songs.

I am freaking out man....

Never gonna give you up
    vCash

Re: Flaming Lips + Tripping Daisy = Freaky

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU4LIFE's Avatar
    vCash

It was actually pretty cool, I mean, i knew it was close, but I didn't know it went in until we drove down to the green.

Everyone should get one at least once.
    I taste terrific.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

I don't think they sound the same at all. I think Tim's is more even keeled, whereas, Wayne's is more (to use BRJ's descrip) warbly.

Is Tripping Daisy still around? Nm, I just looked them up. I had no idea they stayed together as long as they did. I last saw them at Bryant Park on the 4th of July in 95. They put on a hell of a show at CBGB in 93 or 94.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU4LIFE
    It was actually pretty cool, I mean, i knew it was close, but I didn't know it went in until we drove down to the green.

heh
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Hatfield's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron
    I don't think they sound the same at all. I think Tim's is more even keeled, whereas, Wayne's is more (to use BRJ's descrip) warbly.

Is Tripping Daisy still around? Nm, I just looked them up. I had no idea they stayed together as long as they did. I last saw them at Bryant Park on the 4th of July in 95. They put on a hell of a show at CBGB in 93 or 94.
    Tim began a new band called the polyphonic spree you should check them out. www.thepolyphonicspree.com
    In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield
    Tim began a new band called the polyphonic spree you should check them out. www.thepolyphonicspree.com
    I've heard of them, I just had no idea that it was some members of TD that formed it.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

vCash

Yeah, I got some Polyphonic spree....my co-workers hate me for it also. I tried to get them into it by showing them some video of polyphonic spree.

Note to self: Do not try to convince co-workers that polyphonic spree is cool by showing them videos.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU4LIFE

Somehow I knew the mere presence of the word flaming would have you come running.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU4LIFE's Avatar
    vCash

flaming to me is like to T......

nevermind.
    I taste terrific.

vCash

Hey Sooneron or Hatfield...or anyone else for that matter

Im looking for the last cd from Tripping Daisy - Tripping Daisy...anyone have it?

I've been looking around the internet for it and it appears to be roughly $70.00 freaking dollars.

Anyone? Anyone?.....Bueller?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by I_SMELL_FEAR
    Hey Sooneron or Hatfield...or anyone else for that matter

Im looking for the last cd from Tripping Daisy - Tripping Daisy...anyone have it?

I've been looking around the internet for it and it appears to be roughly $70.00 freaking dollars.

Anyone? Anyone?.....Bueller?
    It was titled Tripping Daisy- 70 bucks sounds pricey for an album that's 6 years old and it prolly didn't land them in court!

I don't have anything past their EP that came out around 97. It has a good cover of PIL's Rise and a couple of other decent ditties. You may want to try Dallas stores online or give a few a call. I'm sure they'd ship for pretty cheap.

I've been looking for the Billy Goat cd Bush roaming Mammals. I'll gladly trade a rip of it for some of my stuff.

edit:
    I just saw the last TD cd on ebay
    Last edited by sooneron; 8/10/2006 at 07:58 PM.
    Soonerinabilene

vCash

Oh C'mon! NO ONE has Billy Goat's Bush Roaming Animals??
    Soonerinabilene

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Sorry I missed this before... ...Tim Delaughter has cited the Lips as a huge influence on Tripping Daisy. As much for the the way they went about their business as much as anything, if I remember right. They really were in the same scene, of course. TD and the Lips were pretty friendly, I think.

As for Billy Goat, they rocked my face off many times live in Deep Ellum bars, Liberty D's, and VZD's. They were unbelievable. I really thought they would break about the time RHCP were getting huge. I think with RHCP and Faith No More, there just wasn't much more room for the funk thing, but they were worthy of much more commercial success.

I also saw their predecessor band, Ten Hands, many times at places like Club Da Da. They were also tremendous. They had a passionate following that was extremely ****ed when they broke up. Sorry Sooneron, I don't have that one, though...
    Well, crap.