vCash

I'm officially a runner...

my nipples have scabs.

that is all.
    heh.

vCash

Re: I'm officially a runner...

Good job!

Are there any other runners on the board that would like to share nipple stories?

vCash

http://www.nipguards.com/

I had this problem a couple of months ago. They eventually turned to a nice shoe leather.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hamhock's Avatar
    vCash

My thighs are chapped also. I remember one time at Remington Park seeing the trainers apply something that looked like bacon grease to the horses.

I'm going to try bacon grease in between my legs and on my nipples for my next long run.
    heh.

vCash

How far are your long runs, Hamhock? Man, you must be enjoying running to push through in this heat, long runs are pretty tough when it gets to these temps. At least for wimps like me...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Howzit
    How far are your long runs, Hamhock? Man, you must be enjoying running to push through in this heat, long runs are pretty tough when it gets to these temps. At least for wimps like me...
    As my wife will attest to, "long" is a very relative term. I just started a training plan and I did 6.25 Saturday.

BTW, I broke down and bought a Garmin Forerunner. It rocks.
    heh.

vCash

Good for you, sounds like you're hooked. That's when it is the most fun.

Soon we will need a Runners Only Folder. When all the closet runners "come out."

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

Heh.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Body Glide is your friend. Pick it up at your local running store.

And you might try medical tape for those nipples. I think it's called Transpore. Found it at Walgreens. Saved my nips on many a long run.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

WTF does running have to do with nipples?
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Running long distances...plus sweat...plus clothing equals chaffing (in all sorts of places).

Lose the shirt...no rubby the nips.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt

What doesn't have to do with nipples?
    heh.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Howzit

and yes, the heat is the succ.

before, i could sleep in and still get my run in at 7 or 7:30. at least the heat motivates me to get up early and get the run in before the sun. today, at 6:30 it was 81 at my house.
    heh.

vCash

Pics are needed...

oh nevermind, you're a dood.
    Do it for the Polar bears.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

I don't run. I trudge. 8 to 9 minute miles depending on how I feel. I do however, do it rain or shine, hot or cold. That's the secret. Never be pwn3d by the weather. Yesterday, at 1700, I went my usual route (which Howzit ran with me at Christmastime BTW.) I think it was 101F. It was so windy the heat didn't seem too bad.

My nips never bleed, but I have a very shaggy chest which keeps the shirt away from them.

Incidentally, anthropologists believe that's what body hair does. Helps avoid chafing. That's why we have it in our armpits and our crotch-ital region.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 WILDCAT NATION's Avatar
    vCash

I've tried getting into running...very hard to run when you're this fat, however.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    I don't run. I trudge. 8 to 9 minute miles depending on how I feel. I do however, do it rain or shine, hot or cold. That's the secret. Never be pwn3d by the weather. Yesterday, at 1700, I went my usual route (which Howzit ran with me at Christmastime BTW.) I think it was 101F. It was so windy the heat didn't seem too bad.

that's sprinting for me. i was killing myself initially. i ran 4 and 5 miles at 95% of my max HR. I ran with a guy who does marathons and he told me i was stupid. I now run mostly in aerobic heart rate zones and it is much more enjoyable.
    heh.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonrboy
    Pics are needed...

oh nevermind, you're a dood.

remember, you asked for it.

heh.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by WILDCAT NATION
    I've tried getting into running...very hard to run when you're this fat, however.

you're trying too hard. go to runnersworld.com.

they have a beginning running plan. it starts out with running/walking.

btw, my buddy ran his fastest marathon times when he began doing some walking in the middle of his run.
    heh.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hamhock
    that's sprinting for me. i was killing myself initially. i ran 4 and 5 miles at 95% of my max HR. I ran with a guy who does marathons and he told me i was stupid. I now run mostly in aerobic heart rate zones and it is much more enjoyable.
    Yep, but it's a good idea to keep mixing in those tempo runs also. Maybe do a faster tempo run during the week and save the longer runs for the weekend.

Most marathon training programs include a weekly tempo run, a marathon pace run (the pace you would like to run the marathon) and a long run that is around a minute per mile sloer than marathon pace. Slowing down also makes it easier to increase distance, but you should not increase more than 10% in any given week.

I realize you never said you're training for a marathon, the point is that in training it's good to mix things up.