Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: I Think I've Been Stood Up...

Here, Aldonza, take the damned phone and talk to Sic. It's the least you can do. We'll finish the hat trick afterward.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

Hopefully, here on Saturday afternoon, you're there and have had an opportunity to hook up with some type of hillbilly gal.

Just revisiting this - how long you known this girl? Even though she's giving you the MIA treatment, a weekend out of town in a hotel room is something that usually comes along, say, after you two have already well, you know....

She may be thinking a weekend out of town where you've paid for everything puts her in an obligation to put out. But, she should have told you upfront that it was not appropriate for this stage in your r'ship - if there is one. I'd have to say I'm not surprised this has happened to you. I mean, if everything went according to your plan and expectations, now THERE would be a story.
    Posse resident guru on police brutality, Lady Gaga and lawnmower repair parts

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Talking Re: I Think I've Been Stood Up...

Now in stain-resistant paper...back! "Portnoy Goes To Branson!"

Heh

LF

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BudSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalFan
    Now in stain-resistant paper...back! "Portnoy Goes To Branson!"

Heh

LF

vCash

She just woke up and smelled the coffee . Couldn't stand the thought of spending the whole weekend with a political Geek
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Hatfield's Avatar
    vCash

and here you thought you were going to have a romantic getaway before the slammer.
    In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BudSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill
    She just woke up and smelled the coffee . Couldn't stand the thought of spending the whole weekend with a political Geek

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
    Proper planning?

I bought the tickets a month ago, went ahead and paid for the hotel room in full so there would be no question lost reservations, I scheduled everything out almost to the hour from the time that I'd be picking her up until we arrived at Silver Dollar City-when we left SDC-when we arrived at Celebration City-when we left Celebration Citi-Then I emailed the Branson Chamber of Commerce for a list of restaurants that would be open late and then organized them based on type of food, distance from the hotel, and distance from the parks. I contacted each one of those restaurants individually to confirm that their hours had not changed. I then contacted the hotel myself to see what champagnes were available (the list was not so great) and arranged with the Assistant Manager to have things set up to my specifications for the evening when we arrive back not in the morning when we check in. I wanted to avoid having champagne on ice all day that would melt before we got in.

I also have 2-3 maps of Branson printed out with primary routes and secondary routes to and from the hotels and parks depending on congestion. Those maps also include little red "stars" indicating the restaurants I contacted which reference back to a Restaurant Guide I made up of each place.

I not only confirmed all of these details with her weeks ago, but did so one last time Friday before telling her I'd call this week for the final, "go", times, and locations.

You know little about me, so I'll tell you this..I'm the least spontaneous person you will ever meet in your life. I don't even spontaneously decide to take a **** without having it scheduled and planned out in advane.

Now, I am off to Branson!
    SicEm...

Are you obsessive-compulsive?

Sounds to me like she might have liked a little spontaneity.

I have a friend that nails down every detail too and he drives people absolutely freakin' crazy.

Lighten up a little and go have some fun man.

Take this test SicEm

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Viking Kitten's Avatar
    vCash

Sicem,

Now, I'm not sure what a trip to Branson costs, and with any luck I never will, but my grandma goes there so I doubt it's all that much, and anyway, you have to admit that it's probably a small price to pay to learn what this girl's all about this early on... before you went and got all emotionally attached or something.

What she did was rude, and the chances of there being a legitimate excuse for this are extremely slim. People can always call. Move on immediately. In fact, to assist in this capacity, you prolly should have gone to Padre instead of Branson when you realized Yainch Girl was gonna no show.

Chalk this up as a learning experience. The lessons here are:

1) Who the **** goes to Branson?

2) Don't plan out of town trips anywhere with a girl with whom you are not involved in a serious relationship.

3) You said you last spoke to her a week ago and told her you would call her the day before to confirm a "final go." If you went to the trouble of all that planning, not to mention paying, a "final go" should have been presupposed. That gave her the option of backing out.

4) Never, ever, under pain of death, leave more than one message on a girl's voicemail. Never. If she doesn't return it... she is not interested. It's that simple. There is no mixed message here. And know that if you do leave more than one unreturned message, then yes... she and her friends probably are laughing at you. At the bare minimum she is rolling her eyes at you.

5) Your self esteem is worth way more than a couple of Silver Dollar City tickets, and critical to getting future dates with other girls who aren't total bitches. Girls don't want arrogance, but lack of self confidence is a total turn off. Do not not let this experience bring you down. Do not continue to call this girl. She's a bitch, you are better off without her in your life, there are plenty of better ones out there.

vCash

Thumbs up Re: I Think I've Been Stood Up...

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Kitten
    Sicem,

it's probably a small price to pay to learn what this girl's all about this early on... before you went and got all emotionally attached or something.
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Kitten
    2) Don't plan out of town trips anywhere with a girl with whom you are not involved in a serious relationship.
    Not only that...but if it's a big trip make sure it's somewhere she's dreamed of visiting. Make her dreams come true and your dream of not being alone will come true.

Lakeland, Fl - Where hurricanes cross paths.
    vCash

Did you happen to mention that you were supposed to be at that convention down Padre Island way?
    Maybe one of you is confused and she is waiting down there in Padre to meet you.
    Of course if that is true, she has probably hooked up with the sub you sent down there in your place and he is nailing her like a hurricane window boarding party.
    An Education is what you get when you Read the Instructions,
    Experience is what you get if you don't...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Hatfield's Avatar
    vCash

kill

her.
    In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Do you know if your hotel has Spanktravision?

(Just kidding, Sicem...I know that sucks. I agree with everything VK said; especially the forget her and move along part).

vCash

If she has a Sister...

Take her to Disneyland.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member RacerX's Avatar
    vCash

Dear VK, Branson ain't all that ****ing bad. Especially for the kids.

vCash

yeah, if you are 80

or Ned Flanders

seriously though, it's one of the last places i can imagine going on a first romantic getaway though, especially someone SicEm's age

he totally should have made a poll or something

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Melo's Avatar
    vCash

First of all, I already gave you my condolences online.

And considering the other little fact you told me about awhile back, I hate to say this, but I told you so.

I know I have talked about this enough with you, so it makes me wonder why you still wont believe me: girls suck. Most of them are liars, who will say what they need to to get them what they want, attention, etc etc. She's no different, and I told you that earlier.

THAT being said, I really am sorry to hear that. Also, IMing me saying 'I am so f**king ****ed.' and then just signing off doesnt do much for me in regards to the whole 'Melo/SicEm friendship' thing. That, added with the whole issue with you speking and PMing me asking 'wtf is wrong' with me... youre on thin ice, Mister.

Chill out, get ready to go back to school, get ready for football season. I'm coming to Waco for a game, so look forward to that. Forget about the beyonce.

vCash

doh

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Melo
    First of all, I already gave you my condolences online.

And considering the other little fact you told me about awhile back, I hate to say this, but I told you so.
    We all thought it was you.

I'm coming to Waco for a game, so look forward to that.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Melo's Avatar
    vCash

^^Haha