Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Hey St Louis area peeps...

Whassup with the power outages up there?

More specifically, images in my morning paper indicate national guard troops going from door-to-door checking on people to make sure no one is too hot.

Is this door-checking a further manifestation of the post-Katrina mentality that the government must take any and all measures necessary to ensure no one suffers during a natural emergency?

Thoughts please.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Re: Hey St Louis area peeps...

Do we even have St Louis area peeps?

vCash

i lived in st. louis for a year..it is hotter than hades there. like 100% humidity and in the 100's YUCK
    Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bri
    Do we even have St Louis area peeps?
    I don't think so. KC will have to proxy for them.
    posse member

vCash

KC is not nearly as hot as St. Louis
    Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

I think it's more indicative that every major city learned a big lesson from the post-Katrina fallout.

For those peeps without power for days, I've felt your pain.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D
    I think it's more indicative that every major city learned a big lesson from the post-Katrina fallout.

For those peeps without power for days, I've felt your pain.
    That's kinda what I was thinking SD. "We aren't really gonna do anything to help, but we dang sure must ensure it looks like we are."
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Show of force to enforce the laws, mandate curfews and follow through on it. Things that are pretty elementary during a situation like that, but can be easily taken for granted.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D
    Show of force to enforce the laws, mandate curfews and follow through on it. Things that are pretty elementary during a situation like that, but can be easily taken for granted.
    I guess, but those look like Air National Guard troopies and they don't appear armed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    I guess, but those look like Air National Guard troopies and they don't appear armed.
    Don't make fun of FANG's.
    posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerbrat
    I agree. I've been to KC, and it's not so hot.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OCUDad
    I agree. I've been to KC, and it's not so hot.
    But I love me some Gate's BBQ in KC. HI! MAY I HELP YOU?

vCash

Excellent BBQ. Excellent steaks. Otherwise, as a city, meh.

Although it is a welcome sight when driving from Denver. Between Denver and KC, there is nothing. Absolutely nothing. For 8 hours or so,there is so much nothing on the horizon you can see the curvature of the earth.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerbrat
    http://www.city-data.com/city/St.-Louis-Missouri.html

http://www.city-data.com/city/Kansas-City-Missouri.html

Scroll down to the weather graphs. Kansas City summers are, on average, warmer and more humid than St. Louis summers.
    We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

vCash

BTW...

I'm just a Cardinals Fans as the old Tulsa Oilers Baseball Team was a St. Louis farm team.

I've kept to my guns as a Cardinal Fan since.

vCash

I think they had some blackouts because of increased power demand due to the heat. Then, they had some storms roll in that downed some lines and knocked out some more power. This was a couple of days before the cool front rolled in.

NOW GO AWAY OR I SHALL TAUNT YOU A SECOND TIME!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUTromBoNado
    I think they had some blackouts because of increased power demand due to the heat. Then, they had some storms roll in that downed some lines and knocked out some more power. This was a couple of days before the cool front rolled in.
    And this of course, demanded activation and deployment of national guard forces.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

And this of course, demanded activation and deployment of national guard forces.
    Methinks post-Katrina, the politicians are going to be a bit gunshy for awhile.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Vaevictis
    Methinks post-Katrina, the politicians are going to be a bit gunshy for awhile.
    ya think?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

ya think?
    I guess I could be wrong. But I'm going to go with my gut on this one.